Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Honestly, I say the only reason you should skip it is if you just absolutely hated every single person that will be there so much that you really think you'd hate being around them ten years later. But then if you're really that guy, you didn't do any amount of growing up in that ten years. So you should work on that.
    You do know some people get bullied right? I don't think forgiving them is part of "growing up" but rather part of conforming and being a cuck. This being said I did went to a like 5 year reunion and I did sucker punch one of my bully before they thown me out. Guess I won't be going to the 10th.

Deleted
    You should always go.

In fact, you should more often than not do things that make you a bit nervous, because that's part of what life is, enjoying pushing yourself to new experiences.

You failed at life? Good, go to to the reunion, be friendly, enjoy yourself and maybe feel a little better by the end.

You got bullied at school? Great, go to the reunion, you're not 10 any more and if you get bullied again hopefully you'll be able to stand up for yourself this time.

Just go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I've never seen the point of High School re-unions except as a way for people to try impress others.

If they were people worthwhile in my life, I'd have their phone numbers or have them on facebook.

Of course, if there were any hot women going, that would be a motivation for me - if I was single.

However, as I went to an all-boys school, I'll just pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    You should always go.

In fact, you should more often than not do things that make you a bit nervous, because that's part of what life is, enjoying pushing yourself to new experiences.

You failed at life? Good, go to to the reunion, be friendly, enjoy yourself and maybe feel a little better by the end.

You got bullied at school? Great, go to the reunion, you're not 10 any more and if you get bullied again hopefully you'll be able to stand up for yourself this time.

Just go.
    Let's see... hang out with people I didn't like from 20 years ago... or, hey, a trip to New Zealand.

Guess what I'm doing.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't kept contact for the last 10 years I really don't see the point in going especially if you've struggled since high school. The whole point of reunions is to compare how life went after high school, it will just be embarrassing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    If you haven't kept contact for the last 10 years I really don't see the point in going especially if you've struggled since high school. The whole point of reunions is to compare how life went after high school, it will just be embarrassing for you.
    Pretty much this. Real-life-peen contest.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I went to the 20 year one and that was it. The big reason is a lot of my generation really isn't into the whole social media thing so facebook contact is low. It was nice for a single night to shake peoples hands and talk about old stories. Afterwards collected a few numbers that I grab a beer with once in a blue moon. The value of these things are mostly for those that organize them and less for those there from what I can tell.