... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Tess Holiday vs Victoria's Secret

http://www.people.com/article/tess-h...book_peoplemag

"Theres this feeling that fat women aren't supposed to be sexy."

Because you're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, there are others like Lane Bryant that appeal to women of larger size. I dont think VS should have to change what they do, since they're selling a fantasy.

Although speaking as someone who likes buying stuff at VS, it does kinda suck when one is on the upper rnage of what VS sells and so theres less stock of the sexy stuff. Stil find some good things though!

Also no, no one can haz pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    eh, there are others like Lane Bryant that appeal to women of larger size. I dont think VS should have to change what they do, since they're selling a fantasy.

Although speaking as someone who likes buying stuff at VS, it does kinda suck when one is on the upper rnage of what VS sells and so theres less stock of the sexy stuff. Stil find some good things though!

then never happend.

I had to go shopping for a gf's birthday, deciding to get her something from Victoria Secret.

Was a little awkward, not gonna lie...how do you tell the hot Asian girl working there that your gf is basically a "shorter, slightly chubbier (and honestly much uglier)" version of her without sounding too much like an ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I had to go shopping for a gf's birthday, deciding to get her something from Victoria Secret.

Was a little awkward, not gonna lie...how do you tell the hot Asian girl working there that your gf is basically a "shorter, slightly chubbier (and honestly much uglier)" version of her without sounding too much like an ass?
    tell her she's a shorter chubbier and less attractive version than you, and then ask for suggestions.

You get your GFs size before going to the store so you know what size to get and then just ask for advice on styles and not size.

As a slovenly fat bastard myself, this fat acceptance thing is going too far. I don't care if you think your lifestyle is healthy (when it's demonstrably not), and I'm happy for you if you're happy with your body, but for fuck's sake man (or woman)...get some perspective.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh man, having someone else buying underwear is such a bad idea half the time. Bras especially tend to fit different, and so need the person actually there. Not to mention a 36D at VS isnt a 36D at Macy's.

I'm 6'1. and 190lbs. I'm not fat but I do have wide shoulders and a somewhat thick neck even for a guy (genetics). Normally I'm more or less a size L, but for dress shirts that I have to button up, I need to buy a size higher and have it fitted because I simply can't close the neck button and sometimes it feels I'm about the rip the shirt if I close the second button too. For me shirt buying has been a struggle for ages. It's not the torso or lower body, but the chest and neck.

Also there's a "plus size" like this.

And then there's Miss Holliday.

No hate, but at that size you can't expect or demand that the rest of the universe to adapt to your specific strangeness.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    There are high-fashion lingerie that tailor to larger women. I understand her notion to want Victoria's Secret to open itself to more options, however, they also already have a strong clientele aimed for thinner women. Allowing for more variety in their stores will hurt their sales to their primary clients for having to reduce options towards them. Not only that, but they'll also be increasing the number of their competitors by waging a shop war with other lingerie stores that specialize in larger women. It's more so a business thing than anything.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, being that size, your breasts will require different styles and support to make you lok decent. Ones that dont necessarily match with VS business, and thus wouldn't make sense.

Also, Tess just wouldnt sell that fantasy that VS depends on because she doesnt have the proportions for it (regardless of weight). A pretty face doesnt make one good for every gig.

Literally no one wants pictures of someone in the "upper range" since their sizes run huge anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElanatheCat View Post
    Literally no one wants pictures of someone in the "upper range" since their sizes run huge anyway.
    If by huge, you mean DD...

which isnt huge when you also include obese people. Its only "huge" for normal women, and its not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanatheCat View Post
    I like how you apparently found this worthy of your first post.

Methinks someone doesn't know Crissi at all.

Apparently I found this worthy of my 15k post though. Now a title finally befitting of me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Apparently I found this worthy of my 15k post though. Now a title finally befitting of me.
    Congrats.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Or they could know me, and decided to be a coward and use a troll account to insult me! Either way, dont care

also congrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    On topic, though, I like Victoria's Secret because it often keeps my size while being pretty and usually to my taste. I have trouble finding my size in most generic lingerie shops and department /clothing stores.
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Congrats.
    /deep bows

And it's a Bigzo thread of all things!

Or they could know me, and decided to be a coward and use a troll account to insult me! Either way, dont care

also congrats!
    Literally who would want to insult you?

Well, besides those kinds.

Also on topic, I feel like there kinda is no reason for VS to not try to carry larger options. Money is money, why not go for it? I'm not sure anyone should really care whether or not some 300 lb woman is wearing VS while doing the bang bang with her significant other.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-09-14 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    On topic, though, I like Victoria's Secret because it often keeps my size while being pretty and usually to my taste. I have trouble finding my size in most generic lingerie shops and department /clothing stores.
    god bra shopping is the most annoying thing ever. Different stores measure differently. DD at VS is a D at Macy's and dont even get started at 34 vs 36 vs 38. Or the difference between a C and a D can sometimes be really small.

7+ Year Old Account
    I often assume that to be the case with some people... I don't say it, but I think that might be the case...
    ~~ ~~