Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Level 3 inn, how many?

I'm looking to redesign my garrisons across 9 toons. How many of them should have the level 3 inn after the nerfs? I'm looking to turn inns into trading posts on my lower gearedand newer 100s

You should have inns AND trading posts on most toons ....

7+ Year Old Account
    All of them, You can get some useful stuff from the Inn Quests and The gold is still pretty good even after nerfs
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-09-14 at 06:19 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have barns and inns. Barns are much better than trading posts. This is strictly about how many inns I need

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I have barns and inns. Barns are much better than trading posts. This is strictly about how many inns I need
    Depends if ur raiding lot or not, trading post is so OP to craft 125stats buff food
    < Armory >
    Proud Hunter since Vanilla
    Progress raider since Burning Crusade

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. The barn produces more gold, therefor it is better. Not a difficult concept, and this isn't a discussion on that. I'm asking, once again, about how many inns I should have before the gold is reduced

Deleted
    Wrong. The barn produces more gold, therefor it is better. Not a difficult concept, and this isn't a discussion on that. I'm asking, once again, about how many inns I should have before the gold is reduced
    That doesn't make it a "better" building though... The downside the barn is that it requires you to cage animals, which is time consuming across multiple characters. With an Inn and Trading Post combo you earn gold for literally doing nothing, which is perfect for lazy players or players with limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That doesn't make it a "better" building though... The downside the barn is that it requires you to cage animals, which is time consuming across multiple characters. With an Inn and Trading Post combo you earn gold for literally doing nothing, which is perfect for lazy players or players with limited time.
    It's just plain idiotic to say that the barn is a "better" building than the inn. There is absolutely no way that you earn gold faster, per game time, with the barn. You earn gold with the inn by clicking 3-5 extra times per day, per character. That fraction of a minute is all it takes to get more gold (and salvage) with the inn.

As far as Trading Posts go, they aren't a major source of gold, but they are a convenient source of materials when your stockpile of GR overflows. 1000GR is worth up to ~400 gold after all.

I have one barn because one barn is as much as I ever want to keep fed, and even that, I don't bother with very often. Everyone else gets TP + Inn for nearly zero time, zero effort gold.

With 9 toons, everyone of them should have a Level 3 Inn, and 10+ treasure followers and all followers at 675 and each of the 9 toons at 675 (675 rare missions can be worth 10's of thousands). That is how you maximize gold from missions. I also keep a salvage yard on every toon, easy gold from doing missions and I only do missions with a reward that sells or awards gold any more.

Also went to the trouble to ensure 5+ scavengers on every toon so as to double/triple every garrison resource mission. Tore down the last barn I had in favor of Trading Post, literally swimming in garrison resources which I convert to materials on days when trading post is selling the mat I want @4 garrison resource per mat.

Barn is a pain in the ass in that you need to go trap large critters, only reason I had one was to get Felblood. Get all the Felblood I need via Primal Spirits now, which you get a constant supply of via mission boards. Not a chance in hell I would make more gold with a barn and to top it off your barn toon can only spend garrison resources on Rush Work Order - Barn, which are overpriced at 1k per work order.

BTW I have 9 toons working garrison also

11 here. All have level 3 inn, different alts have different other buildings. I have 1-2 I still trap on to keep cloth flowing easily to my tailors.

Several have TP- main for rep boost, some alts for overflow GR.

Most of the rest have Glad Sanctum- it's amazing for world content with safe fall, increased regen, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    With 9 toons, everyone of them should have a Level 3 Inn, and 10+ treasure followers and all followers at 675 and each of the 9 toons at 675 (675 rare missions can be worth 10's of thousands). That is how you maximize gold from missions. I also keep a salvage yard on every toon, easy gold from doing missions and I only do missions with a reward that sells or awards gold any more.

Also went to the trouble to ensure 5+ scavengers on every toon so as to double/triple every garrison resource mission. Tore down the last barn I had in favor of Trading Post, literally swimming in garrison resources which I convert to materials on days when trading post is selling the mat I want @4 garrison resource per mat.

Barn is a pain in the ass in that you need to go trap large critters, only reason I had one was to get Felblood. Get all the Felblood I need via Primal Spirits now, which you get a constant supply of via mission boards. Not a chance in hell I would make more gold with a barn and to top it off your barn toon can only spend garrison resources on Rush Work Order - Barn, which are overpriced at 1k per work order.

BTW I have 9 toons working garrison also
    Yeah but ... the setup you describe will take 3-6+ months to get right, and you probably want Indy in every garrison, which is maybe OK if you're Alliance, not so interesting if you're Horde. It's just not worth it setting that up, for most people.

I run barn and inn in my main garrisons. But when I stock up on garrison resources, I'll swap them to trading posts and use up GR before going back to tavern. It's expensive to do that. Might be better to just buy hurry barn work orders, but then I'd have to go do more wolves, and I'm meh about that.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the setup I have now across 9 toons, I've been making 100-200 per week. I think I know a little bit about the Barn's value. I'll ask my question again, in a bit more detail.

I would like to know if anyone has any solid knowledge on the diminishing returns of having multiple inns compared to one, as treasure missions were nerfed with 6.2. With me having 9 toons with maxed garrisons, I feel as if I could reduce those 9 toons from having 9 inns, considering in the diminishing returns. Now, please focus on that. Not to be rude, but I've been given a bunch of basic knowledge that anyone playing for a month would already know.
    Last edited by Sylvaeres; 2015-09-15 at 04:06 AM.

With the setup I have now across 9 toons, I've been making 100-200 per week. I think I know a little bit about the Barn's value. I'll ask my question again, in a bit more detail.

I would like to know if anyone has any solid knowledge on the diminishing returns of having multiple inns compared to one, as treasure missions were nerfed with 6.2. With me having 9 toons with maxed garrisons, I feel as if I could reduce those 9 toons from having 9 inns, considering in the diminishing returns. Now, please focus on that. Not to be rude, but I've been given a bunch of basic knowledge that anyone playing for a month would already know.
    100-200 per week? I guess you missed a couple of 0s?

You seem unwilling to accept "solid knowledge," so my recommendation is that you go find a quiet place to yourself where you can go pound sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You Inn helps you with income though. Trading Post is a must if you are an achievement hunter, as well as to complete all quests within the Inn before switching if so. But remember, lvl 3 inn is where your gold missions, mount and pet missions are from if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

To clarify as I think some dont understand fully how one works the tier 3 tavern/inn and the follower missions.

Inn/Tavern as most do know gives additional, high yield gold reward missions. This is above and beyond the small gold reward missions. Thus there are two different sets that can be seen at the command table. The nerf to the tavern's gold missions (less and less frequent) doesn't seem to be correlated with the smaller gold rewards missions. However I could be wrong on that point.

Also as most know, you need to set your followers to treasure hunter trait to double up on gold rewards missions. This is a key component to why they can be more lucrative.

And lastly, and this is the point that most never pay attention to:

Clear/set your gold missions(and other missions so you get gold missions next clear) as many times a day as you can. THIS is how you earn the most gold you can a day with the missions. If you only go in and set/clear once a day, this method becomes pretty anemic. The smaller gold missions typically clear in 1hr so you can clear them many times a day. Some hours there wont be a gold one to clear so you have to clear exp, garrison resource, item, oil, etc missions or another such so that there is a good chance to spawn another gold mission.

Typically this equals for me 500-1000+ gold a day -per- garrison. If you have 11 garrisons that potentially over 10k gold a day that is almost passively earned.

That's how you do it.

Now a few things that can be added to the fray:

1. JC building level 2 with a follower: gives a daily quest that earn you a 150-300g reward.
    2. Scribe's Quarters level 2 with a follower: Draenor merchant orders for 75 or 225 gold
    3. Shipyard gold missions: stacked with goblin(more gold) crews and the bonus gold map quadrant active you can get some missions rewarding over 4k.
    4. Salvage yard level 3: vendoring or selling what you get from the crates/bags.
    5. Follower upgrade tokens and gear from missions. Once you've max'd your followers they dont need tokens so they can be vendored for gold both from the mission rewards and the salvage yard. Same goes for missions with those 610 gear pieces n the like, you just can vendor for gold once you dont need them(or de if preferred)

And a few other things. This can potentially double the gold made per garrison per day depending on those secondary options added.

And all this is before you even start adding other things like garrison resource dumping into the trading post for crafting, mine and herb garden, etc etc.

Again looking at doing one set of missions a day for one garrison and this seems worthless. Clear alot during the day and as well do this on many garrisons and the gold really does start to significantly add up.

For time spent for the gold made, this by far outstrips the barn method imo.

When I tell others new to wow or returning about garrisons I really try to impress upon them to think of garrisons not as forts but as factories: Input of resources and output of products. Specializing your workers to yield your chosen production results. Considering main products and by products etc etc etc. Once you look at garrisons like that, its much easier to see how you get them to work for you and how then to increase production with the more garrisons you set up.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2015-09-15 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    To clarify as I think some dont understand fully how one works the tier 3 tavern/inn and the follower missions.

Inn/Tavern as most do know gives additional, high yield gold reward missions. This is above and beyond the small gold reward missions. Thus there are two different sets that can be seen at the command table. The nerf to the tavern's gold missions (less and less frequent) doesn't seem to be correlated with the smaller gold rewards missions. However I could be wrong on that point.

Also as most know, you need to set your followers to treasure hunter trait to double up on gold rewards missions. This is a key component to why they can be more lucrative.

And lastly, and this is the point that most never pay attention to:

Clear/set your gold missions(and other missions so you get gold missions next clear) as many times a day as you can. THIS is how you earn the most gold you can a day with the missions. If you only go in and set/clear once a day, this method becomes pretty anemic. The smaller gold missions typically clear in 1hr so you can clear them many times a day. Some hours there wont be a gold one to clear so you have to clear exp, garrison resource, item, oil, etc missions or another such so that there is a good chance to spawn another gold mission.

Typically this equals for me 500-1000+ gold a day -per- garrison. If you have 11 garrisons that potentially over 10k gold a day that is almost passively earned.

That's how you do it.

Now a few things that can be added to the fray:

1. JC building level 2 with a follower: gives a daily quest that earn you a 150-300g reward.
    2. Scribe's Quarters level 2 with a follower: Draenor merchant orders for 75 or 225 gold
    3. Shipyard gold missions: stacked with goblin(more gold) crews and the bonus gold map quadrant active you can get some missions rewarding over 4k.
    4. Salvage yard level 3: vendoring or selling what you get from the crates/bags.
    5. Follower upgrade tokens and gear from missions. Once you've max'd your followers they dont need tokens so they can be vendored for gold both from the mission rewards and the salvage yard. Same goes for missions with those 610 gear pieces n the like, you just can vendor for gold once you dont need them(or de if preferred)

And a few other things. This can potentially double the gold made per garrison per day depending on those secondary options added.

And all this is before you even start adding other things like garrison resource dumping into the trading post for crafting, mine and herb garden, etc etc.

Again looking at doing one set of missions a day for one garrison and this seems worthless. Clear alot during the day and as well do this on many garrisons and the gold really does start to significantly add up.

For time spent for the gold made, this by far outstrips the barn method imo.

When I tell others new to wow or returning about garrisons I really try to impress upon them to think of garrisons not as forts but as factories: Input of resources and output of products. Specializing your workers to yield your chosen production results. Considering main products and by products etc etc etc. Once you look at garrisons like that, its much easier to see how you get them to work for you and how then to increase production with the more garrisons you set up.
    How long would you say this set up would take to get running?

Deleted
    Inn is an auto include in all my garrisons. The second medium plot is either barn or trading post. I have 1 trading post (with AH bot built) and rest barns. That's fine for me, I post auctions only on 1 character so there's that trading post for. Barns on the rest for easy long-term gold.

If you are lazy replace barns with trading posts. It is less gold per week than barn but you do not need to farm anything this way.

Don't bother with Shityard, not worth the hassle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Don't bother with Shityard, not worth the hassle.
    Yea it is.. kinda. The key is to get the oil rig though which can be time consuming or costly for alts. After that, its free gold, sorcerous elements and enchanting mats. Oh and apexis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Inn is an auto include in all my garrisons. The second medium plot is either barn or trading post. I have 1 trading post (with AH bot built) and rest barns. That's fine for me, I post auctions only on 1 character so there's that trading post for. Barns on the rest for easy long-term gold.

If you are lazy replace barns with trading posts. It is less gold per week than barn but you do not need to farm anything this way.
    Barns are just bad when it comes to gold/h. There are better ways of making gold if you got that kind of time to spend. I guess the only fool proof building is the inn. Its just free daily gold for few clicks.