Poll: Favorite Race

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would go with asuras.
    I have played the personal story of every race past level 30 and I thought the asura personal story was most fun to play.
    Besides that, the conversations that the asura NPCs have are quite hilarious some times and the animations of the asuras (both and NPC and PC characters) are also fun to watch.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human or Norn. Everytime I think of starting a different race for a change I get to their customization screen and see how ugly or stupid they look and create a Human or Norn instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Sylvari followed closely by Asura.
    I'm going mostly by looks, because I'm not that au fait with the Lore.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Charr, followed by Asura, then Sylvari, Human, and Norn.

Norn, the only race that offers manly males (besides Charr, I guess).

Deleted
    humans and sylvari tied

It's a really close call between Asura, Sylvari, and Charr are close behind them. <3

Asura- love the animations, the lore, the look, just yes. Too much fun!
    Sylvari- Very unique in story and in appearance! Really enjoying them and the whole plant thing!
    Charr- Best female design of a bestial race I have ever seen. A++

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

1. Human. Yes, I know, I'm boring. But I can't help it, they look best in armor!
    2. Sylvari. Easily the most unique race in the game, they even glow in the dark! Also, I actually really like the nightmare court
    3. Norn. Dwarves are my favorite race in WoW, and Norn are the closest thing we will get to Dwarves since they turned their entire race into a statue(or something)
    4. Charr. Interesting Lore and characters but as a race, they are ugly as sin
    5. Asura. They are way too small, and as someone who puts way too much time in making my characters sets look perfect, you can't tell the difference on Asura. They are just too small for details to be visible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari for me, they're females use the best skeleton and they have the most interesting story. I had mixed feelings on the Sylvari until the Heart of Thorns stuff came in, it offers such an interesting aspect for a Sylvari character. Plus the idea of a plant race is very interesting and it's achieved perfectly here.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    5. Asura. They are way too small, and as someone who puts way too much time in making my characters sets look perfect, you can't tell the difference on Asura. They are just too small for details to be visible.
    I've never created an Asura, but aren't they quite big on your own screen when you play them yourself? Or do you mean that others can't see your details?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I had mixed feelings on the Sylvari until the Heart of Thorns stuff came in, it offers such an interesting aspect for a Sylvari character. Plus the idea of a plant race is very interesting and it's achieved perfectly here.
    When playing in the Beta weekend I noticed that Sylvari can actually hear Mordremoth talking, so awesome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I've never created an Asura, but aren't they quite big on your own screen when you play them yourself? Or do you mean that others can't see your details?
    There's plenty of detail on Asura, though some of the items look similar, like footwear which is molded around their odd-shaped feet. They DO have the issue that in most cases (like Charr also) they don't have male/female models of stuff. Just one model, usually closer to the male than female of others.

Arah heavy armor is a much neater look for Arah than other races, like Arah medium for Charr.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Norn for every heavy armor class, as it looks best on them, char is cool as well as a frontline fighter

Norn, Charr and Sylvari are my faves. Humans are ok (their starting area is my favorite, though). I cannot stand the Asura. They just look soooo terrible. They remind me of that Tarutaru of FF11 (and whatever they were renamed to in FF14). Just ugh.

As for the 3 I chose, I can't really say which I like most. I like the idea of a plant race (I have one in my D&D setting), and I was always drawn to bestial races in games, and viking type races are always awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    They remind me of that Tarutaru of FF11 (and whatever they were renamed to in FF14). Just ugh.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2015-09-29 at 04:04 PM.

I think norn is my least favorite race. They're just big humans. They should have made them look a lot different than humans.

Its not a race I would have chosen anyways. In lore they were always a very sparse species with way less population than any other species, but individually very powerful. They can shapeshift at will and are supposed to be twice as big as a human, not the tall humans we have now. They had to really corrupt the lore to bring them in line with other races, individually. Probably would have been better to go with something else. Skritt maybe, heh.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Pretty sure my avatar pic answers the question. :P

That said, I do also have fem human alts, namely for necro and mesmer, since I cba to bash my face into my keyboard figuring out another decent armor transmute for a light armor wearing charr. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Illus View Post
    It was Charr and while I still like Charr a lot especially the Charr areas. I find them too big and I don't like playing massive races. Sylvari were my second my favourite now they've been bumped to my favourite.
    Traitor. You shall be turned to mulch. :P

I have no room to talk; I have alts that are members of the female human meta. Sure is nice having armor that doesn't clip every which way...

Sylvari for sure, i love that luminescence and color variation!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Charr. We overcame the deities. Now we are one with the land, we are truly and only Charr. FOR THE IRON LEGION!

But bonus points to the humans, because I love Divinity's Reach. It's the first time I saw a human race in a mmorpg that had a good place to call home.

Charr for the culture and all around attitude plus me being a furry might have something to do with it

However, I like the humans in GW2 for their culture just as well, the beautiful, dying race that normally fit the "elf race" archtype much better being shifted onto humans was an interesting direction to take that I enjoyed.