Poll: View on Angela Merkel

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, either turn away many thousands of destitute war-displaced refugees, or risk taking in a few terrorists in the mix?

There is no right answer, but if it were my call, I'd go with the side of risky compassion. I hope that decision doesn't cost innocent lives.
    the safety of her own people should be more important than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    without acknowledging of the risk that they are also taking in ISIS soldiers?
    This again... Sorry i have to tell you that blunt - but that is incredibly stupid. IS has (sadly) enough supporters in the EU. Even if they wanted to import terrorists, why with all the refugees? Look at the EU right now, the rules change every day (Germany, Austria opens borders; the next day germany closes the border, a day later austria). No one can predict where refugees end up. They cannot take any euqipment with them. So why in hell would the try it? Of course they say they do, but... you know how terror works? Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    After Germany took in thousands of refugee. ISIS has mentioned that they also sent some of their troops blended in. Now the problems are starting to appear with potential terrorist attacks in Europe.

Do you think Angela Merkel is a savior or tyrannt for taking in refugee without acknowledging of the risk that they are also taking in ISIS soldiers?

Discuss!
    View her as every other leader / politician screaming that the doors should be opened full throttle, like a raving irresponsible nutbag!!

It's easy for politicians to be big and welcoming at the expense of normal citizens, since they won't ever feel the issues associated with inviting indiscriminately, let me stress I'm all for helping actual refugees, but unlike the political landscape that is afraid of being labeled racist;

Many of the people flooding into Europe these days are not refugees, they just seek the easy benefits. If safety for their children / family was all they were after, they would have no issues with being registered in the first Eu country they arrive at.., yet a majority of them are seeking towards Germany / France / United Kingdom / Sweden (Denmark also used to be a favorite destination for them until benefits was sliced by over 50%).

What the Eu is doing these days, is a political and financial suicide if it's left to continue, I don't care what "block" you may see yourself as part of.., but you can't accept half the middle east when there's only a fraction of them willing to integrate themselves and leave behind the caveman mentality.
    When some nations are starting to struggle with caring for even the poorest of their native people, what sort of outcome do they expect with the current scenario?

With luck, this will be the death of the EU as we know it today and sovereignty can return to the individual states again instead of a few deranged elites!

Mixture of no comment and tyrant.
    Voted Tyrant merely because SENSATIONALISM IS THE NEW BLACK.

On a slightly more serious note, she seems obsessed with restoring Germany's name, at whatever cost, and that is bad policy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    On a slightly more serious note, she seems obsessed with restoring Germany's name, at whatever cost, and that is bad policy.
    They should have never let any East German get anywhere near power positions, they had it way better under Schroeder, he was a proper leader.

She seems competent to me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrannt. She is ironically fueling nationalists (real ones) while she thinks she is pushing her agenda with immigration. Even if the nationalists never come to power, her own people (native germans) are still fucked up to their necks anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    When she declared that Germany will take on unlimited refugees without consulting any other EU nations or even the German people she made the shift to tyrant in my view. In recent years she has basically become the de facto supreme leader of the European Union.

What kind of poll is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What's funny is that when you said that the first thing I could think of are that your parents are one from the US and one from Spain and you were born right on the border between Luxembourg and Germany
    Can't get citizenship in European countries just by being born there.

I think she's neither, just an misguided idiot.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Merkel before. But it seems to me like she's making some very bad decisions - at least for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They should have never let any East German get anywhere near power positions, they had it way better under Schroeder, he was a proper leader.
    God fucking no. Schröder can fuck off.

Linke, AfD and CSU are unelectable. SPD is only a slightly more left version of the CDU that could work with Die Grünen. Die Grünen is slightly less crazy than Die Linken.

Deleted
    She's going for Nobel prize for humanitarian efforts, doesn't care about citizens of her own country or any neighboring countries.

Voted for tyrant.

She's trying to be a savior, but the law of unintended consequences is going to kick in, and her actions will later be deemed negative (although not tyrannical). The problem is, these consequences should have been very evident. Which makes her either ignorant, or emotional...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Umm, certainly not, Schröder was the guy who turned Germany neoliberal, destroyed classic socialdemocracy and made use of revolving doors so he can smoke cigars in a leather chair high up some Gazprom ivory tower. Merkel was born in Hamburg. She's also been politician the entirety of her life. She was a former FDJ agitprop leader. You do not become that without a certain mindset. After the Fall of the Wall she was in a sauna drinking beer thinking nothing of what happens outside since she was believing it would fail to have any effect. Well, then suddenly she made a political turnaround and got under tutelage of Kohl. For a person like her it does not matter what ideology you are following, the most important is that you do follow one if possible at the highest office possible. In that sense her political heritage coming from her parent's home has probably played more of a role than her origin. That West-German politicians too can be a wellspring of absurd and dark-humoured politics can be seen on the example of Flintenuschi aka Zensursula.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    I may agree with Merkel on somethings and like how she changes her ways to try to make the majority happy.

I do not like however how she keeps bending to Eastern Europe on everything. From Sanctions on Russia one of our biggest trading partners, or how she keeps giving them Handouts at the expense of the German Taxpayer. I personally wish she would grow a spine regarding foreigners. Especially when it came to the NSA spying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the safety of her own people should be more important than anything else.
    I don't think the terrorists in your mind can hurt any one.

Deleted
    up her skirt when she's not looking

Risk isn't 100% that something bad will happen. I'll side with 100% chance tho help a few people than an unknown/0% chance that something bad could happen.

But as an American, I honestly can't say much because I have no idea the impact the influx is having on Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Clearly this is a ploy from her to encourage terrorist attacks in her own country, inviting a wild overreaction by german society that pushes people to supporting extreme right-wing parties, with the end goal of reviving the reich!

Naturally, she has my full support.
    There's an important nugget in the midst of your sarcasm: when you invite massive changes to society, you risk ending up with wild negative consequences, expected as well as unexpected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Risk isn't 100% that something bad will happen. I'll side with 100% chance tho help a few people than an unknown/0% chance that something bad could happen.

But as an American, I honestly can't say much because I have no idea the impact the influx is having on Germany.
    That 0% of something bad happening is much greater, by definition more than zero since knowledge isn't perfect and human actions aren't 100% predictable. Then factor in cultural differences, etc...