Mythic Xhul'horac Help

Hello friends!

I'm trying to prep for this one early as we don't have a very stellar raid comp for it. We do have the three mages which will help with chains, but our soaking black holes leaves a lot to be desired.

Soaking order
    Now, I've seen various approaches to this one. Obviously rogues are amazing, warlocks can be doable, DKs can be doable, disc's maybe with a lot of really big self shielding?

Our current available comp is:
    Tanks - Prot Warrior (hi), Druid, DK (mainly dps)
    Healing - Disc, Paladin, Monk, Druid, Shaman
    DPS - 3 hunters, 3 mages, 1 rogue, 2 dps dk (our 3rd tank is in here), 1 warrior, 2 elem shaman, 2 shadow priests, 2 boomkins, 1 sketchy warlock (doesn't always show up/dps performance low)
    Lower performers/geared: 1 warrior, 1 enhance shaman

I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. If the warlock is around is the timer far enough apart that we can do Warlock, Rogue, DPS DK 1, DPS DK 2, repeat? If not...is there any other good option there, maybe a disc on the 2nd or one of the middle ones?

I did see a log where the druid tank in a 3 tank scenario took a lot of them too which could be an option for us. The druid tank actually takes the first three while tanking ominus from the look of it here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nA#view=replay or am I looking at that wrong? He also takes the 4th, and then the 7th I believe.

Any other suggestions on soaking comp?

3 Tank vs 2 Tank
    What are the benefits of two tanking versus 3 besides the increased dps? I mentioned above it seemed like you may be able to soak with a tank for a bunch of it so would it be worth it to have our bear doing that and the dk helping tank?

Am I looking at this log wrong? It seems like he gets both a void slash and a fel slash on the paladin tank....yet no explosion happens? At least if you watch Xhul's target of target, but it does look like the warrior takes the damage.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nA#view=replay

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that he always casts void slash whenever an add dies no matter what, or is that incorrect?

DPS Priority
    Obviously the imps and then voidfiends should be top priority the whole time. However, after that do you then just cleave off of Xhul himself, or do you Target Akillion first and cleave off of him, then cleave off of Ominus since they're scarier? Does this even matter since they effectively share health?

Any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated!

We just killed it yesterday with 2 tanks (warrior/paladin) and 3 healers (shaman/priest/paladin). I'm normally DPS so my tanking skills and gear should be considered sub-optimal

Soak order
    Due to a horrible raid composition, we used 1 rogue, 2 DKs, 1 warlock, and 1 mage for soaking the blackholes. Mages can use their cauterize to soak but do require some good shielding prior to doing it. So if you have 3 mage and need some extra soakers, use them. I have tried to soak one blackhole during a wipe and actually survived (priest shielded me + last stand + shield barrier (4 piece)) - remember that normal damage mitigation is useless.

2 tanks vs 3 tanks
    We actually discussed this last night. The 3rd tank can help with the big adds, especially the Vanguard since his attack can absolutely destroy a tank in a few seconds. But with decent CD-management and good healing, that should not be a problem. Furthermore, as far as I am concerned, the 3rd tank will be useless'ish beyond the 40% point where both the big adds are dead.
    Xhul'horac alway switch school when one of the big adds die, it seemed like he would always go to shadow when the fire add died. Sometimes I pretty much got back-to-back hits by voidstrike.

DPS priority
    We didn't put much thought into this subject as they share health. Be sure to destroy the imps and voidfiends ASAP, they were the source of the majority of our wipes since people mixed them.

Tips'n'stuff
    For our kill we used hunter/warlock/mage as baitteam for blackhole and chains, we did NOT rush the chainbreak as the snapback is brutal. The warlock used Sacrificial pact/GoSac, our mage relied on the healers to survive since he did not have greater invis (cauterize to soak BH).
    If you have a shaman of any kind, bring him/her - grounding totem completely negates void surge. Furthermore, the majority of our wipes was either caused by tank screw-ups (seriously this fight is brutal, taunt wrong and GG wipe :P ) or voidfiends since SOME people can have a hard time spotting the voidstep!
    Last edited by krelle8; 2015-09-15 at 10:08 AM.

I think you want to post this in Raids and Dungeons and not in the Warrior forum. And in accordance with the subforum my advice is BRING ALL THE WARRIORS!
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Prot Tank advice-

Shield block all of the Felblaze Flurries and use an external / ring also, with the class trinket. Spec Shockwave and the AOE thunderclap glyph to help out with Imps. Anger Management is quite useful on the fight.

Use a taunt macro to target and taunt the boss whenever you need to so you can help target the adds.

Never heard of the 3 tank strat; it's really not that bad with 2. Tank survivability is hardest while the big adds are up. The last 30% are not difficult mechanically for the tank.

I have it here because in BRF we were really helpful with figuring things out for people who were just getting to bosses. I put one in raid forum too.

That's good to know about suggested glyphs and such to help out.

I think I'm stuck more on figuring out the black hole soak order really as it seems to come closer to every 30 seconds. So a rotation of rogue, dk, dk won't be enough.

If we get a warlock we could maybe do lock, rogue, dk, dk, rogue again, lock again, dk again, dk again but that doesn't even seem to fit it honestly since purgatory is 3 minutes.

How horrible is it to put the chain soaking team and the 4th guy in one, that should be what 250k, or will the next black hole spawn instantly do an explosion?