Poll: Do you take lunch breaks?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A lunch break actually aids most peoples productivity, after 4-6 hours work most people tend to slow down a hell of a lot. Half an hour of rest along with some food and drink is a great pick me up, sod doing the Japanese work place lifestyle where you work yourself into an early stressful grave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time I do. When I don't, I still take the time to eat, which is roughly 20 minutes.

I never skip a meal, that would be stupid O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yeah, of course I do. If I go without eating for 8 hours I'll feel like shit and performance will reflect that - I think you loose a lot more productivity by not taking that break.

That trend isn't a thing here, sounds dumb.
    I don't think the eating part is really what makes you productive it's the taking the break part, I work in construction with my brother and we both do intermittent fasting where we don't eat for 16 hours a day then we get all our calories in the other 8 hours, it's really easy and we find ourselves more productive in our fasted state, we eat at 1pm usually every day, we use to get 2 30 minute breaks but now we just skip the first one and usually get a lot more done. Food really has nothing to do with it unless you can't handle not eating, the whole breakfast is most important meal is bullshit as well.

I guess it depends on the person, also I haven't heard of any job where you don't get a lunch break unless you're working like 4 hours you might not, depends what position you're in wether it's full time, casual etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

But then again my job is boring and easy as fuck.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    depending on the type of work, you can eat while working, so why waste 30-1h of your day on it
    Sure if you Run your own buisness but otherwise you are just giving your employer 1hr of your time for nothing

If I work over 6 hours I believe it is, I have to take at least a half an hour break, otherwise I would get in severe trouble.

So yes, I do. I will gladly take half an hour breaks, hour long breaks are where I get bored though, I usually end up playing a match of hearthstone at some point on my phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get 2x 15mins and 1x 30min break, so yea.
    And I think those breaks are off the clock so its against my own interest to work during.

what kinda question is that?
    it's in my contract to take lunch break. and it's deducted from my salary.
    so i work 9 hours a day, and get paid for 8.5

not sure what's the employment laws in other countries, but in here (Israel) it's mandatory to take 30 minute break every 6 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    whenever i take a lunch break at work my succubus whips me and tells me to get back to work or she'll do unspeakable things to me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    What, never heard anything like that before. At my work all employees gets 1h lunch break a day and we're required to take AT LEAST 30min lunch break every day.

I work at an online marketing agency in Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceeter View Post
    What, never heard anything like that before. At my work all employees gets 1h lunch break a day and we're required to take AT LEAST 30min lunch break every day.

I work at an online marketing agency in Sweden.
    breaks aren't specifically required in the states unless you have more than 15 employees. than it's 15 minutes breaks and 30 minute lunch breaks. employers are also very strict about sticking to the time limit. lunch breaks here are unpaid.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get a paid lunch so I usually only take as much time as it actually takes me to scarf down my food and vape for a couple minutes.

No offense OP, but that sounds like some fucked up work environment where management looks down on those who take breaks.

And yes I take a 30-45 min break every time I work 7+ hours.

I generally just eat my lunch while I'm working. Though my work load is dependent on how many computers are on the incoming shelf. So I tend to do nothing alot through out the day. I get up and walk around about every hour or so.

I don't think you're using "busting a nut" correctly.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Road View Post

Question: Do you take Lunch Breaks? If so, why. If not, explain.
    I have to, I'm still in training phase and if I don't take it I still have to stay until 5pm. So I figure I might as well take it. Now, once I am off training phase I probably won't.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get an hour lunch but rarely take all of it. I usually eat while browsing and then just resume. I would have voted "Not All Of It" but voter rarely for lack of a better selection on the poll.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have gone to lunch with friends every day until this week. They are doing some Nerdlympics during lunch, so I just sit at my desk for 8 and then go home. It is awful. Cannot wait till next monday when we start doing lunch again.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i do, from 12:00 to 13:30 everyday. i love my job.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    i take work breaks during my 8h lunch, does that count?