Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah. Thing is, I've lost so many relatives (grandparents, father,half-brother) But either I was too young or just didn't live with them. I'm surprised how much more sad I am for my dog. Then again we lived in the same house for 9 years.
    First off, my condolences.
    Second, I can relate to this. I've been in your shoes, despite it not being 9 years. I had a pet once, and I've never been so attached to a pet as this one. Not even lost a relative I've been so emotionally invested in as this pet. Then it had to be put down after 4 years or so I think, simply because it was either that or it dying a slower more painful death. But my point is, don't be surprised about the sadness(at least for the future, the past is the past), it all depends on how your life turns out and how you, as a result, get emotionally invested in specific pets or family members. I always hated myself for being so relatively cold about the losses of family members and various pets, until this one pet got so close to me. From then on I don't think I've ever really been as sad, but at least I found out I wasn't as coldhearted as I thought I was. Life lessons and all that good stuff.

On topic, personally I wouldn't see a certain usage of emotes and "lol" in posts on social media online as being a problem or a sign of anything other than typical online behavior in general.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because dogs are required to be neutered unless you get a dog breeder's license which is expensive.
    No, that depends on where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tereezer View Post
    First off, my condolences.
    Second, I can relate to this. I've been in your shoes, despite it not being 9 years. I had a pet once, and I've never been so attached to a pet as this one. Not even lost a relative I've been so emotionally invested in as this pet. Then it had to be put down after 4 years or so I think, simply because it was either that or it dying a slower more painful death. But my point is, don't be surprised about the sadness(at least for the future, the past is the past), it all depends on how your life turns out and how you, as a result, get emotionally invested in specific pets or family members. I always hated myself for being so relatively cold about the losses of family members and various pets, until this one pet got so close to me. From then on I don't think I've ever really been as sad, but at least I found out I wasn't as coldhearted as I thought I was. Life lessons and all that good stuff.

On topic, personally I wouldn't see a certain usage of emotes and "lol" in posts on social media online as being a problem or a sign of anything other than typical online behavior in general.
    Thank you. And I guess I am the same. Took the loss of my relatives pretty damn well. But it's not the same this time. Oh well.