Poll: Are you appalled?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I Found Pepe! Achievement still not in

Are you guys still appalled by the fact that Pepe Achievement is not still in? Why or why not?

I don't care too much to be honest. But I will say it's weird they introduce achivements you can't do

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I don't care too much to be honest. But I will say it's weird they introduce achivements you can't do
    I agree with you. It seems to be one of blizzard tactic, keep the players subbed to complete the achievement. Even if the achievement are unobtainable, keep the players hunt for it.

Clearly a blizzard tactic to milk the cash cow.

Who the fuck cares about Pepe?

Yes, specially because they didn't even tell the players right away and game masters kept lying about it (not their fault though), it almost seems like we just knew the truth by pure luck thanks to Twitter! If the achievement is not aviable, then remove it until it is or at least use your damn forums and patch notes to inform about it instead of twitter.

To be honest, i had fun looking for Pepe the first weeks of 6.2, all the speculations and different theories and tests... it was really fun. The problem is that now i'm not willing to make the same effort when they finally release it, so if is not something that i can get fast, with no RNG involved and clear guidelines... i'll simply ignore it.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    It just seems weird, if you want to do the achievement you don't even know whether you can do it or not, it's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    I agree with you. It seems to be one of blizzard tactic, keep the players subbed to complete the achievement. Even if the achievement are unobtainable, keep the players hunt for it.

Clearly a blizzard tactic to milk the cash cow.
    Any players hunting for it after they've come out and said it's not available yet are idiots who deserve to lose their money on a sub fee.

That said, adding it early does seem a little pointless. Though they often add things that aren't available yet, especially if they're tied to the world events and such.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-09-17 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Any players hunting for it after they've come out and said it's not available yet are idiots who deserve to lose their money on a sub fee.
    It is a shame that these players have allowed blizzard to take advantage of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump

/10char

Want to see people thoughts on I Found Pepe! Achievement still unobtainable.

Honestly, I could care less. I still haven't finished the achievement for the Pepe whistle. I think the bird's cute, but the achievement doesn't interest me much. If it were account wide, I might care more.

I have to wonder if the achievement is related to Hallow's End, though, despite it not being listed under than heading. The holiday isn't available yet so thus the achievement can't be completed, but once the holiday starts, Blizzard can announce it's available alongside the usual holiday announcement. And at what other time of year do people dress up in costumes (besides Winter Veil)? Blizzard updated a few of the holidays in the last patch so stands to reason it was on their mind while 6.2 was on the PTR. Guess we'll find out next month if that's the case.

They have to hold something back to boost the Q4 numbers!

What's the reward? If it's a mount or pet, maybe I'll be a little bit annoyed. (Certainly not appalled.) If it's not, I don't really care; nerd points aren't really my focus.

I'm a bit confused why they're holding it back, honestly. I mean, is it gong to be 6.2.3?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

blizzard is secretly run by an 80 year old man now, he works alone and he cannot produce content at the rate blizzard used to when it had 100's of staff.

you may have notice in 6.1 he managed to put selfies and twitter in the game, he hopes to have pepe finished before 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...uh... no.

It's some simon-says quest to find some little bird. Either he's always wherever he's supposed to be, which means everyone can get it in the course of maybe an hour, or he's a rare spawn, which is really fucking annoying.

So I'm not losing sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    blizzard is secretly run by an 80 year old man now, he works alone and he cannot produce content at the rate blizzard used to when it had 100's of staff.
    Yes an achievement to find a little bird was going to revolutionize warcraft and make everyone rethink the way they approach video games. We're all missing out on dynamic, engaging, thought-provoking content equal parts poignant, spiritually fulfilling, and personally cathartic because we can't currently go out and find a little bird.

Blizzard knew that this achievement and what it entailed would be the turning point for humanity, in which we entered a golden age of understanding and compassion, but Activision and Bobby Kotick, being the greedy bastards they were, would not sign off on this machiavellian piece of game content, and instead ordered Blizzard to devote 100% of development time to making store mounts.

I'm glad we were both able to deduce so much from this.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes an achievement to find a little bird was going to revolutionize warcraft and make everyone rethink the way they approach video games. We're all missing out on dynamic, engaging, thought-provoking content equal parts poignant, spiritually fulfilling, and personally cathartic because we can't currently go out and find a little bird.

Blizzard knew that this achievement and what it entailed would be the turning point for humanity, in which we entered a golden age of understanding and compassion, but Activision and Bobby Kotick, being the greedy bastards they were, would not sign off on this machiavellian piece of game content, and instead ordered Blizzard to devote 100% of development time to making store mounts.

I'm glad we were both able to deduce so much from this.
    that was a lot of dribbling bullshit to get your point across wasn't it.

while missing the bigger picture which is the disappointment of the sheer lack of content blizzard has been putting out with WoD in general, so small things like pepe do get blown out of proportion because it's been such a lackluster xpac.

omg more cut content....
    jk
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that was a lot of dribbling bullshit to get your point across wasn't it.

I had to meet a dribbling bullshit point with a dribbling bullshit answer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    I figure by now that the Pepe costumes are a part of the Hallow's End event next month. That or no one at Blizzard cares about them enough to code them in... which seems unlikely since clearly someone cared enough to model the costumes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...uh... no.

It's some simon-says quest to find some little bird. Either he's always wherever he's supposed to be, which means everyone can get it in the course of maybe an hour, or he's a rare spawn, which is really fucking annoying.

So I'm not losing sleep over it.

how about you don't talk about something you know nothing about?

The problem with this achievement, is that it was introduced in 6.2 ( I think) and people were out trying to find all the different pepes. Then, after 1-2 months, blizzard said, on twitter of all places, is that the achievement isn't even obtainable yet. Meaning, The different pepes weren't even on live servers at all. So no, he's not some "rare spawn". He's not even in the game yet.

This is the equivalent of people farming for poundfist for a month on release, and then being told "oh sorry it's not yet in the game"

It was a stupid move by blizzard.

And no, I don't even have pepe. I just know when a company did something stupid, and I don't white knight for them, unlike some people.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    The problem with this achievement, is that it was introduced in 6.2 ( I think) and people were out trying to find all the different pepes. Then, after 1-2 months, blizzard said, on twitter of all places, is that the achievement isn't even obtainable yet. Meaning, The different pepes weren't even on live servers at all. So no, he's not some "rare spawn". He's not even in the game yet.

This is the equivalent of people farming for poundfist for a month on release, and then being told "oh sorry it's not yet in the game"
    You mean other than the fact that the achievement gives you absolutely no idea how the achievement is even supposed to work.