Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Why didn't anyone tell me Brightwing is so damn fun? Between her and Mercy, I've discovered my new love of jumping around healing people.
    Brightwing is fucking awesome

ETC: Get away, you're cramping my style.
    Brightwing: YOU'RE MY FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Bought Kharazim's master skin today, felt like I could spare the 10k on a skin :P

Also managed to play my TL placement matches, ended up with 11:9 which isn't the greatest, but still got to R15.
    It's not bad though. Lost my last 6 placements in TL. The worst part? Voicecomms dd not help at all. The groups where I won, we won w/o voicecomms, although we had a drafting plan laid out.

I did play a TL game with rank 1s - and it was an eye opener. I have a lot to practice :P.

Anyway, had a chance to play an extended HL session and I won quite a lot of matches in HL - went 15-1, all the way from rank 38 to rank 33. Then I hit the point again where I am trading a loss for win. The main winner for me? Tyrael. So much so, someone sent a friend request and we duoed. (Won 4 matches straight w/o voicecomms till the guy logged). It is the second time some random has added me to their friend list when I play on Tyrael. As I mentioned above, I'm not that great a player. But it seems, I the Archangel of Justice beckons me lol. Feels good to try and win with someone other than Li Li. who is great but she gets picked as a counter or banned a lot now so It can be difficult to get to play as her at my rank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Anyway, had a chance to play an extended HL session and I won quite a lot of matches in HL - went 15-1, all the way from rank 38 to rank 33.
    Nice streak, but ouch. That is an awful lot of winning for just 5 ranks. How many HL games do you have overall?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    That is an awful lot of winning for just 5 ranks
    considering it takes 3 wins to rank up, not really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    considering it takes 3 wins to rank up, not really
    It only actually takes two, as you get 100 free rank points every time you rank up, so as long as you don't lose in between and get downranked, it should only be two. Unless my math is complete bongers, which is a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    It only actually takes two, as you get 100 free rank points every time you rank up, so as long as you don't lose in between and get downranked, it should only be two
    true, but that presumes you are getting 100+ points for every win - in the majority of cases you will get less then that

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nice streak, but ouch. That is an awful lot of winning for just 5 ranks. How many HL games do you have overall?
    I have exactly 144 games. 66 wins. 1st 50 wins came at 125 game mark.
    Since I had poor placement before the soft MMR reset last year I have to rack a lot of wins to rank up. I was rank 50 after going 14-6 in placement games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    true, but that presumes you are getting 100+ points for every win - in the majority of cases you will get less then that
    True.its usually 80 points per win, 100 points per loss.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get most of my Team League placement matches out of the way (just need one more) by getting into a group that was using Discord...and no one asked me why I was being silent lol I don't use any voice comms.

I mean, I felt bad for kind of leading them on (that is, if they put two and two together and decided to keep me on and not to make an issue of it), but I'm not sorry for the "lie" because at least I got with a few people. It's hard for me to find people that are lenient with a person who doesn't use Teamspeak or Discord; otherwise, I'll just be asked to leave and I'll waste my time spamming chat for who knows how long until I get fed up and move on.

Chromie to level 10 woohoo - can finally go back to forgetting quickmatch exists as a queue option

15+ Year Old Account
    Since most people have been playing mages now days..Ive been playing Zeratul. I have not played him in a long time...but he can be pretty good. Most games I get like 10 kills early game then slowly end up siphoning off.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Master Skin Chromie!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Won like 7-1 bgames today, pretty good. I had a game where we had no tank, Double support Lili+Khara with Lost Vikings....Tlv was trash, he barely even spread his vikings out. But I was able to carry them into late game as Lili and we won.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Won like 7-1 bgames today, pretty good. I had a game where we had no tank, Double support Lili+Khara with Lost Vikings....Tlv was trash, he barely even spread his vikings out. But I was able to carry them into late game as Lili and we won.
    What build did you use for Li Li in that game?

I've had 2 games in HL recently where my team selected 4 assassins, though (I was either a warrior or a healer) - both losses. I am considering Kharazim as a purchase next week - had a good run with him in QM and he should work in HL as ell - will try playing double support with him. Also learnt that he's one of the best supports for GoT/DS as SSS can chunk out the HP of the Plant or DK in no time :P.

15+ Year Old Account
    What build did you use for Li Li in that game?

I've had 2 games in HL recently where my team selected 4 assassins, though (I was either a warrior or a healer) - both losses. I am considering Kharazim as a purchase next week - had a good run with him in QM and he should work in HL as ell - will try playing double support with him. Also learnt that he's one of the best supports for GoT/DS as SSS can chunk out the HP of the Plant or DK in no time :P.
    I went this build. I normally either go that vs AA or go this more supporty build. Lili actually has a good amount of room to pick in her talents, it is not always go the same build every time.

Deleted
    In the last 4 days, I had such a ridiculous win streak, that I gained 10 ranks (or technically lost them, as lower rank are the better, but you get what I mean.) And I'm close to my original rank now, that I had before my bad luck last week.

Also BW is OP!
    (Pls no nerfs tho. q.q )

And got LiLi to level 15. :3

This is a nice week (for now.)

Finally completed my TL placement matches but I am at rank 45 so I have some wins to grind. (prolly take about 4-5 wins). A good takeaway from my last TL game was that I found a TL build for Valla that works - and on a map like Tower of Doom where I almost exclusively pick Li Li. It' fun to play a damage dealer every now and then.

I went this build. I normally either go that vs AA or go this more supporty build. Lili actually has a good amount of room to pick in her talents, it is not always go the same build every time.
    Thanks. Yes it is true that Li Li has many options for builds.
    You seem to favor Elusive feet. I will try it out some time but its really good when paired with shake it off. I usually take this build. If I take WD, then I take DD, but the basic talents are almost the same.

I find it hard to pass up surging winds as I feel that it contributes to kills. I've had to pick 2 for 1 a lot as well as it allows me to keep a fair bit of triage going on. On my ranked screed, I got 2 Li Lis standing on either side now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    In the last 4 days, I had such a ridiculous win streak, that I gained 10 ranks (or technically lost them, as lower rank are the better, but you get what I mean.) And I'm close to my original rank now, that I had before my bad luck last week.

Also BW is OP!
    (Pls no nerfs tho. q.q )

And got LiLi to level 15. :3

This is a nice week (for now.)
    It's hard to find BW players. Sometime I feel that when team pick oraes and ETC, a BW really helps in shutting them down with polymorph. (granted, it's effectve on assassins ofc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Yes it is true that Li Li has many options for builds.
    You seem to favor Elusive feet. I will try it out some time but its really good when paired with shake it off. I usually take this build. If I take WD, then I take DD, but the basic talents are almost the same.

I find it hard to pass up surging winds as I feel that it contributes to kills. I've had to pick 2 for 1 a lot as well as it allows me to keep a fair bit of triage going on. On my ranked screed, I got 2 Li Lis standing on either side now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard to find BW players. Sometime I feel that when team pick oraes and ETC, a BW really helps in shutting them down with polymorph. (granted, it's effectve on assassins ofc)
    Honestly, every 13 talent is good. I have a 54% win rate with all of them, you just need to know when you pick which one at the right time. You can easily take up Shrink Ray instead of EF when using that build. I like EF because I play very aggressive.

Honestly I am not that much a lover for Two For One. Those times where it is just me and people are chasing me is when that talent really hurts. I would go Safety Sprint. As for Shake It Off....it seems like a good talent but honestly? It is not helping me win games. Out of the 22 times ive picked it my win rate is 40% with it, the next lowest is Two For One.

I have been trying Double Dragon, it is very good when you know it can have a good amount of impact, but sometimes KFH is better. I don't pick Surging/Hindering Winds unless I pick up Mass Vortex. I pick Surging when they have less melee and Hindering when they are melee heavy. They are both very good. If your interested take a look at my hotslogs profile and click on my Lili, it will show my winrate with what talent, ive had 597 HL games with Lili.

I play BW if I can't get Lili, but BW is feeling much worst for me. I think I have been focusing too much on trying to be a healbot on her. I used to play an utility role on her.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, every 13 talent is good. I have a 54% win rate with all of them, you just need to know when you pick which one at the right time. You can easily take up Shrink Ray instead of EF when using that build. I like EF because I play very aggressive.

Honestly I am not that much a lover for Two For One. Those times where it is just me and people are chasing me is when that talent really hurts. I would go Safety Sprint. As for Shake It Off....it seems like a good talent but honestly? It is not helping me win games. Out of the 22 times ive picked it my win rate is 40% with it, the next lowest is Two For One.

I have been trying Double Dragon, it is very good when you know it can have a good amount of impact, but sometimes KFH is better. I don't pick Surging/Hindering Winds unless I pick up Mass Vortex. I pick Surging when they have less melee and Hindering when they are melee heavy. They are both very good. If your interested take a look at my hotslogs profile and click on my Lili, it will show my winrate with what talent, ive had 597 HL games with Lili.

I play BW if I can't get Lili, but BW is feeling much worst for me. I think I have been focusing too much on trying to be a healbot on her. I used to play an utility role on her.
    Whats your HL rank? Just curious. You seem to be the resident expert on Lili.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Whats your HL rank? Just curious. You seem to be the resident expert on Lili.
    Rank 15, I was rank 4 until a bad lose streak, i am considering making a Lili guide if anyone seems interested.

Finally got my first level 10 last night! I've got a few at level 9 that I'll try to focus on next.