I Can't Stay Immersed

Hello Fellow Role Players. I could really use some advice. Lately I haven't been able to keep my attention in role play.
    I seem to get really bored really fast with WoW and I keep not having the energy to role play with my friends because of it. I don't feel like my character is interesting or the story but I'm afraid if I leave I'll lose my friends. I want to have fun, but I can't seem to stick with the game and it just feels so dull. We've been in WoD for a while, and I can't seem to keep myself in the attitude knowing Legion is somewhat around the corner.
    Any advice to keep myself energized for role play again?

Take a break and come back when you're refreshed and motivated to continue building storylines and RPing with others. Your friends will understand and will likely be happy to see you when you eventually return. Don't force yourself to stick with something when it's no longer fun for you. You're just going to get burnt out and that's going to affect your fun in the long run.

Deleted
    If your friends won't understand the situation you're going through, do yourself a favour and stop calling them 'friends'.

Moreover what I found helps when I go through similar situations is that I try to find other people to roleplay with. People to excite me and surprise me. New stories to unravel and to affect my character's own! As much as I love the roleplay my "regulars" give me, there comes a point when I get bored because nothing is new anymore, so I try to switch things up.

Maybe you could do the same? If not, a break, like Kagura mentioned, might be in order! :3

Deleted
    best advice i can give you is talk about it with your friends. might not be the most pleasant solution but it is the best one. not having fun in a game is not worth it in the end. i personally never roleplayed in WoW but i play D&D for about 10 years now. and when me and my group are getting bored with a certain storyline/campaign we either start a new one or join in with a new character. and if you friends still have a lot of fun inside the game, start with a new character. might keep you going for a while longer. but in the end if you feel you need to keep logging in to keep in touch with your friends start playing other games with them instead. there is plenty of other good games to RP in.

Yeah, take a break, simple as that.

I know it's hard, cause you are afraid of missing out on things.

But the facts are you are actually loosing more by sticking to something that is supposed to be fun out of feeling of fear and duty.

And in the end there is a bigger risk loosing the feel of your character to the daily grind than by taking a break from it.

Alternatively you could try starting playing a new character.

No one knows how long a break you will need to take to be able to come back with new involvement and input to your character and new energy to invest in RP.

It could be as short as a week or a month or it could turn out to be as long as year.

The longest break I ever took from the game after I began using it for RP purposes was about half a year, and since I have taken shorter breaks between a week and about a month.

It really does help, and it sounds like it's what you need.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose.

Hope you will regain your enthusiasm soon
    Last edited by Bertel Wobblespring; 2015-11-13 at 01:16 AM.

I wasn't necessarily always a fan of RP but it sort of grew on me over time. Especially if you are able to communicate with verbally with your friends while playing which makes it more enjoyable.

But the issue with me was that I always found PvP to be more fun, since its more fast paced, and that is the sort of thing I like more. Maybe if you are the same way, you can ask your friends to pvp and RP, to just mix it up a bit?