Poll: Would mythic dungeons be doable with the requirements I've stated below?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What they should do is let you be able to teleport to the dungeon once u have formed your premade grp, that would cut down on the time it takes to replace ppl.

The other day I ran Everbloom for the weekend event with a full 710+ group of randoms. They pulled too big packs, and even though I tanked everything just fine the random spells the mobs cast on the others went uninterrupted and they all died. On the other hand I've cleared a lot of the dungeons in groups with 660-670 gear just fine.

I don't think any requirement can ensure a good experience since most people in this game are brainless retards. As someone else said above me queued content seems to be nerfed down to faceroll levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    The other day I ran Everbloom for the weekend event with a full 710+ group of randoms. They pulled too big packs, and even though I tanked everything just fine the random spells the mobs cast on the others went uninterrupted and they all died. On the other hand I've cleared a lot of the dungeons in groups with 660-670 gear just fine.
    I'd rather have a retard with ilvl 710+ than one with ilvl 660-670.

There is this ridiculous notion going on in these discussions that all of the 710+ players in LFD are bumbling idiots and all the 660-670 guys are diamond in the rough pro gamers, I assure you - this is not the case, no matter how many anecdotal evidence is produced.

10+ Year Old Account
    People in 670 gear still don't know how to do the turret boss in Grimrail on normal/heroic.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

yes put them on lfd - just bump req to 670 and make all loot in there 705 itlv as default with current difficulty- viola content for alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Good luck doing skyreach mythic with a premade 660 group.
    its quite easy if you cc trash , nuke down healers first and use bl/drums on 2nd/3rd boss and ofc dont pull f...raven with other trash.
    on the other hand i have see shitload of 700+ itlv groups fail there because of lol-pull whole packs and aoe like idiots .

Yes, if you coordinate well, it can be done. Guess what premade groups lack ? Coordination, see LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is this ridiculous notion going on in these discussions that all of the 710+ players in LFD are bumbling idiots and all the 660-670 guys are diamond in the rough pro gamers, I assure you - this is not the case, no matter how many anecdotal evidence is produced.
    That's not the point I was trying to make. Most people in 660 gear is worse than 710 players even if you disregard the gear difference. You can't really make mythic 5-mans require a certain ilvl where the loot is still relevant though and expect your average group to not fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    What do you think, with lets say 660ilvl requirement and Proving ground, gold or even endless 10, would Mythic dungeons be doable for queuing like we are doing it now with HC atm? You are doing it mostly with randoms anyway, I think it wouldn't be a problem.
    assuming people knew how to play their classes, yes. They are easily doable in the 645-660 range if you can play properly, cc, use DRs/health pots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Good luck doing skyreach mythic with a premade 660 group.

But the healing on 2nd boss is so easy on low gear or challenge mode. /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes put them on lfd - just bump req to 670

For Blizzard's standards it can only be doable on 700+. They want random groups to not have it too hard because they would raise expectations and people would complain. They described it on a front page post and they are right.

Around entry gear the dungeon is basically Challenge Mode difficulty. And that's not easy at all. Especially if you are a healer on certain bosses or any role really.

But, putting it on 700 it would be pointless gameplay-wise because it would start feeling exactly like Heroic. Only the rewards would differ in terms of gameplay. This way they make it more special.

Why do people continue to try and obliterate what little challenge and interaction the game still has?

HOLY HELL.

You can get a group FAST AND EASY with the group finder. You can reach the dungeon in under 45secs with flying. WHY DUDE, leave it alone, please!

Why would they need to be? Just make a group and fly there you silly casuals!
    You know there was a time that LFD didn't exist and many people felt it brought the community much closer together?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You know there was a time that LFD didn't exist and many people felt it brought the community much closer together?

And the tanks or healer that expected to be summoned from the stone. Let's not forget those. People didn't become selfish overnight.

15+ Year Old Account
    660, no. Higher, yes. Would still be messy, as LFR too has "high" ilvl requirements, yet there's melee hunters and other Donalds from DL comics.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

i prefer the community set standards, 710+ & AoTC or declined xD

Your point seems to be put it on LFD then I don't have to click 3 buttons and put any effort in. It is so simple to get a good group on premade I really miss the point you are trying to make?

Deleted
    Would be great. These dungeons are now six months old and were never designed as a separate difficulty tbh. They're upscaled heroics to match the new ilvl standards. They're about as difficult @ 680 as heroics were at 620. The difference is that you could queue heroics at 610 & proving grounds silver, these you cannot, and therefore people expect you to outgear this by FIFTY FUCKING ILVL by demanding 715+

680 ilvl & proving ground gold and there you go.

That valor point patch was HORRIBLE for ilvl requirements for premade group finder. I can't get anywhere with 698 ilvl alt. Decline decline decline decline decline. 90% of the groups are at least 710 item level required. Wasn't an issue before, I used to be able complete 4x mythic dungeon quest during the event on 675-680 characters no problem!

This is what you get if you force all raiders to do these. Raiders get their valor and smooth runs, everyone else is getting a big bag of frustration. Nice tradeoff, Blizz :/

Im 728 on my main myself, I have no issues of running 8/8 there. ~700 alts tho, good lord. I completed some mythics at 660 when they came out, now I can't get accepted with 700.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-12-17 at 07:50 AM.

Its this kinda mentality that makes me think challenge stones are going to flop... one of wows biggest success is tricking terrible players into thinking they are decent. When you assign something to them that shows what they are capable of they rebel.

Mythic dungeons would be a nightmare in lfd hell doing a ring quest on a alt showed me how bad lfr has gotten even...

You have to understand the average wow players skill has dropped by a metric ton. Only the top end players get better with time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Its this kinda mentality that makes me think challenge stones are going to flop... one of wows biggest success is tricking terrible players into thinking they are decent. When you assign something to them that shows what they are capable of they rebel.

Mythic dungeons would be a nightmare in lfd hell doing a ring quest on a alt showed me how bad lfr has gotten even...

You have to understand the average wow players skill has dropped by a metric ton. Only the top end players get better with time.
    Proving grounds did well enough from preventing really bad players from queuing heroic dungeons at launch. 95% of my heroic dung runs were silky smooth with barely any wiping. We all were gearing up, had 610-620 ilvl and no boosters to speak of (cos maximum ilvl you could get pre-Highmaul was like 640 unless you spent literally millions on stage 3 crafted gear - dat 3k/each savage blood, yummy!)

If you did the same with mythic dungeons (silver or gold PGs), scrubs wouldn't be able to queue them. You would be surprised how much DPS good player can do with a 670 alt. More than many shit players pull at 700. I've seen players in full S2 conquest gear doing 16k and soaking every fire they could find. Players that pass Gold PG's don't do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing you need in mythic dungeons is a brain. And proving-grounds isnt a good enough place to prove it.
    Gear is irrelevant
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

They are doable at a really low ilvl, but counting on random people to know how to play thats iffy when its randoms. The proving grounds could be a gate to weed a few poor players out but your always get the odd few who got a friend to do proving grounds for them or something. That being said i find the TBC timewalking to be harder than Mythic dung. The other week i just went blood tank and the healer went dps and we zerged the lot in under 2hs.

Oh and because the minimum ilvl loot that drops is 685? The entry requirements would have to be lower than 680. Something like 670 or lower.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-12-18 at 11:02 AM.