Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ohh boy, I found combat stronger then assassination....

...ok I know it is only hc hfc and first 12 bosses, but since assassination overall is stronger spec, how is possible that I do more dps and better demage overall in combat spec ilvl 711 then on assassination ilvl 714 on all first 12 bosses?I can understand for assault and Xu bosses but on others,comon......Any have idea why this happen to me?

thx in advance and cheers!!!

p.s. btw have exp on playing assassination since almost always main that spec since cata...

Combat Isn't bad for ST fights, and you can probably play it more optimally than any other spec, also getting lucky with tier set.

There are many things you are doing wrong on most of the single target fights as assassination

On all of the fights your envenom uptime is really low. You need to use your abilities faster, spam those buttons. You are energy capping all over the place.

Iron Reaver: Rupture uptime is really really low. Remember that ruptures damage for assassination isnt that much but it refunds you energy which is huge dps increase.
    Kormrok: Your best log you didnt even use vendetta at the beginning of the fight and your most recent assassination (sept 10) you didnt even use vendetta. Rupture uptime is low
    Council: You again didnt use vendetta on cd. Rupture uptime is low. Envenom uptime is low
    Gorefiend: You again didnt use vendetta as much as you can. Since vendetta is a 2 min cd you can use it on the pull for gorefiend and have it up for Feast of Souls. Again Rupture uptime is low. Envenom uptime is low.

Thats just the first 4 single target fights that I looked at. Problems do extend to the others. You should review how you play assassination and possibly look into the assassination guides that are available. You might want to see into making your UI better so that you can see when vendetta hasnt been used or when rupture is about to fall off. Remember you can refresh rupture at around 6 seconds left on the debuff and not waste any damage.

You have 4 set and class trinket which means you should be able to do 100% uptime of rupture and near 85%+ uptime on envenom. You are energy capping alot on almost all the fights meaning you need to manage your energy a little better.

So there is alot you can do to fix your assassination dps

So, I'm not that good of a rogue, mainly gear related, but I recently got 4 piece T18 and my assassination dps has vastly improved. I don't have the class trinket, nor do I have soul capacitor, mirror, or censure... basically my trinkets all suck and so I'm not where I want to be DPS wise. Anyway, my Envenom uptime on a boss like Kormrok was 77%. That's not incredible, but without 4 piece T18 the uptime was terrible that combat was better for me.

Your Kormrok kill on Sep 3rd shows you only had 48.28% envenom uptime. What are you spending your finishers on?
    My kormrok kill on September 8th was when I was 77%. You do have vastly better gear than I do and I would expect your uptime to be more like 85%+. That's the real issue I think.

Oh and like the above poster said, your rupture uptime needs help too. Yours was at 70%, and mine was at 96.7%. So, there are a few things you can work on and your DPS will skyrocket. Dispatch is amazing with T18.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-09-18 at 03:34 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    There are many things you are doing wrong on most of the single target fights as assassination

On all of the fights your envenom uptime is really low. You need to use your abilities faster, spam those buttons. You are energy capping all over the place.

Iron Reaver: Rupture uptime is really really low. Remember that ruptures damage for assassination isnt that much but it refunds you energy which is huge dps increase.
    Kormrok: Your best log you didnt even use vendetta at the beginning of the fight and your most recent assassination (sept 10) you didnt even use vendetta. Rupture uptime is low
    Council: You again didnt use vendetta on cd. Rupture uptime is low. Envenom uptime is low
    Gorefiend: You again didnt use vendetta as much as you can. Since vendetta is a 2 min cd you can use it on the pull for gorefiend and have it up for Feast of Souls. Again Rupture uptime is low. Envenom uptime is low.

Thats just the first 4 single target fights that I looked at. Problems do extend to the others. You should review how you play assassination and possibly look into the assassination guides that are available. You might want to see into making your UI better so that you can see when vendetta hasnt been used or when rupture is about to fall off. Remember you can refresh rupture at around 6 seconds left on the debuff and not waste any damage.

You have 4 set and class trinket which means you should be able to do 100% uptime of rupture and near 85%+ uptime on envenom. You are energy capping alot on almost all the fights meaning you need to manage your energy a little better.

So there is alot you can do to fix your assassination dps
    first of all thx for all advices,but I always use vendetta on cd macroed with sr, espe after pulling the boss making 5 cp , then rupture then vendetta with macroed sr...is this wrong opener maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    first of all thx for all advices,but I always use vendetta on cd macroed with sr, espe after pulling the boss making 5 cp , then rupture then vendetta with macroed sr...is this wrong opener maybe?
    None of the problems he pointed out involve your opening rotation, but I believe the opener is SR > Vendetta > then rotation as normal (I could be wrong, if someone who plays assassin more than me could clarify that more, thx), your opener is almost the last of your worries if you don't have near 100% rupture uptime, at least 75% envenom uptime, and the most CD usage you can get. Try mastering those first, then move onto perfecting the opener.

Edit: Thx Symphonic for the opening rotation, I haven't played sin since the beginning of WoD so I wasn't entirely sure. :P
    Last edited by Dithemoira312; 2015-09-18 at 06:30 PM.

The opener I do is this: Mutilate from stealth -> rupture (if dispatch procs use dispatch first) -> Mutilate until 5+ combo points -> pool if needed to be 80+ energy -> SR/Vendetta -> Envenom -> dispatch/mutilate until 5+ -> Rupture (so the reflection ruptures) -> mutilate/dispatch -> envenom.

The trick with envenom uptime is this: anticipation. When you pool energy and envenom, you should be able to get 5 combo points, but envenom buff is still active, so mutilate/dispatch until envenom is almost expiring, and THEN envenom again (just don't go over 10 combo points). I think a lot of people just envenom because they're at 5 combo points, but really you should keep mutilate/dispatch to benefit from the buff before you envenom again. That way, if you need to pool energy, you're not wasting mutilates on a target without envenom. If you have to pool energy, you should already be sitting at 5 combo points, you're just waiting for energy to make efficient use of the envenom.

Many think assassination is Mutilate -> Mutilate -> Envenom when in reality it's Envenom -> Mutilate -> Mutilate. Knowing the difference will take you far.

Quote Originally Posted by pythagoris View Post
    Many think assassination is Mutilate -> Mutilate -> Envenom when in reality it's Envenom -> Mutilate -> Mutilate. Knowing the difference will take you far.
    This Exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    That could be one of your issues. SR isn't on the GCD while Vendetta is. You may be pushing your macro but if vendetta is on CD it's not going up but SR will activate. You should make them separate binds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    That could be one of your issues. SR isn't on the GCD while Vendetta is. You may be pushing your macro but if vendetta is on CD it's not going up but SR will activate. You should make them separate binds.
    I have both bound together. SR is before Vendetta in the list.

#showtooltip Vendetta
    /cast Draenic Agility Potion
    /cast Shadow Reflection
    /cast Vendetta

Works perfect for me.

Opener: SR/VEndetta > mut > rupture > mut to 5cp > envenom > vanish > mutilate >mut to 5 cp > rupture. Just refresh what you need to and pop vendetta/SR on cd. Vanish/mut on cd.

Use ven glyph and glyph of disappearance. And I use anticipation. cause fuck not having 5cp anything and wasting a CP
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I have both bound together. SR is before Vendetta in the list.
    It'll work on the pull if that's the first thing you use, the problem is during the middle of a fight when you're mashing away at your buttons and slam down on that keybind before your GCD if finishing up. You'll get SR so it'll have a CD ticking on the keybind but no vendetta on the boss.

u might wanna get gems and enchants with multistrike instead of haste , multistrike its best for combat in cleave fights and that;s the main reason u want to play combat while haste its best for single target and u should swap on muti for that kind of fight not to mention multistrike its 2nd best for assassiantion aswell and its a win win situation if u will get multistrike all over your gear and u will see assassination overtake your combat dmg , also try to get as much envenoms while your SR/Vendetta combo its up

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use SR / Vend until the GCD before your 1st 5 cp envenom, it makes it auto crit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    u might wanna get gems and enchants with multistrike instead of haste , multistrike its best for combat in cleave fights and that;s the main reason u want to play combat while haste its best for single target and u should swap on muti for that kind of fight not to mention multistrike its 2nd best for assassiantion aswell and its a win win situation if u will get multistrike all over your gear and u will see assassination overtake your combat dmg , also try to get as much envenoms while your SR/Vendetta combo its up
    Also mastery > all
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Don't use SR / Vend until the GCD before your 1st 5 cp envenom, it makes it auto crit

- - - Updated - - -

Also mastery > all
    yes...when I use assassination spec I enchant all gears including weapons with mastery...

You don't use rupture during SR as 'sass. Envenom has a higher DPEx, can crit and your shadow does NOT procc VW.

Optimal opener would be Muti -> (Dispatch if procc), rupture -> Muti to 5+ CP then SR + Vendetta and normal rotation. This should let you mash out 3+ envenoms during SR and also have some rupture uptime after SR ends so you never loose out on it.

For your general rotation: You are energy starved. Never drop below 60 energy and always try to maintain 5 Cp and use your anticipation stacks to use finishers. This way you always have CP for when you have to do something else than dps the boss and also lets you dish out more finishers during benefitial proccs.

A good tip is to use a weakaura to track your Envenom buff, so that you never use envenom when the buff has 2+ sec duration. (Except when energy AND combopoint capped). You can safely use mutilate upp to 7 combopoints and then wait out your envenom debuff to reach ~1.7 sec before using envenom. This way you maintain the buff and you also have combopoints and energy for unexpected actions.

Deleted
    So do you Rapture during SR or keep that 2-3 CP rapture up and do Evenom only or not? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    So do you Rapture during SR or keep that 2-3 CP rapture up and do Evenom only or not? D:
    Ideally you will either crit or procc dispatch so you get a 3/4 cp rupture (That'll last you 18+ sec) so that rupture does not drop during SR. I believe you'll have to do an extra mutilate on pull if you aren't getting either a. A crit or B. Dispatch procc so that rupture does not drop during SR.

But in the end, no. I don't rupture during SR and I make sure Rupture has a long enough duration before I pop SR/ Vendetta and then only envenom / Mutilate. Also remember to never cast SR / Vendetta when you are below 5 combopoints, as you want the 100% crit ability to be a Envenom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Opener: SR/VEndetta > mut > rupture > mut to 5cp > envenom > vanish > mutilate >mut to 5 cp > rupture. Just refresh what you need to and pop vendetta/SR on cd. Vanish/mut on cd.
    Ok why are you SR/Vendetta'ing first? Wouldn't it make more sense to use it to make envenom crit instead of your opening Mutilate?