Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    Good! U.S now can withdraw from the Korea and allow Japan to take care of South Korea incase of North Korea invasion.
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain Japanese troops in Korea would go over like a lead balloon for the locals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah, it was in Kuwait, so I'm not surprised. They had interesting uniforms, If I remember correctly they had giant red suns on their backs.
    Sound like targets.

all hail our Japanese overlords.... once the take over the u.s and remake Korra, I would be willing to call it an Anime.

Great, now this is being the exact opposite of progressive. I guess the 10s really are a piece of shit decade. What gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Shocktroopers ready

...Japan is fucking weird man...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Shocktroopers ready

That is the best thing I've seen all week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    ...Japan is fucking weird awesome man...
    Fixed that.

What a weird country.

Were they always this weird, or is this a post-WW2 thing?

Deleted
    Japan, like Germany, has more than redeemed itself since WW2. I see no problem with this.

There might become a time when the civilized world can no longer rely on the protection of the United States. Heck, even the NATO would be next to nothing without the United States. Every country should by default have enough military capacity to defend themselves and their allies against their most likely foes.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    What a weird country.

Were they always this weird, or is this a post-WW2 thing?
    i think its a post ww2 thing... seems certain country that shall remain unnamed got the ugly side of the stick.. i will stick to Pikachu parades any day

These are just the precursors steps to the next world war. Japan needs to be able to deploy its military because China is becoming very aggressive in the south seas, creating various islands in the ocean containing airstrips and such in order to secure the land as their own. China and Japan also have been having some issues with the Senkaku islands these islands have been under Japanese rule for a long time and China is trying to take them over. China is the sleeping bear, and they are slowly starting to awaken, Japan is just preparing in case they need to take some preemptive unilateral actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Japan, like Germany, has more than redeemed itself since WW2. I see no problem with this.

There might become a time when the civilized world can no longer rely on the protection of the United States. Heck, even the NATO would be next to nothing without the United States. Every country should by default have enough military capacity to defend themselves and their allies against their most likely foes.
    While the "redeeming" bit is open to debate or interpretation, yeah, every nation has a right to a military.

But the previous interpretation allowed for that, this is to allow Japan to deploy offensively again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    These are just the precursors steps to the next world war. Japan needs to be able to deploy its military because China is becoming very aggressive in the south seas, creating various islands in the ocean containing airstrips and such in order to secure the land as their own. China and Japan also have been having some issues with the Senkaku islands these islands have been under Japanese rule for a long time and China is trying to take them over. China is the sleeping bear, and they are slowly starting to awaken, Japan is just preparing in case they need to take some preemptive unilateral actions.
    I'd say a giant economic downturn is the wrong time for a sleeping bear to awaken.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    i think its a post ww2 thing... seems certain country that shall remain unnamed got the ugly side of the stick.. i will stick to Pikachu parades any day

I'm sure anyone could cherry pick thing to make any country look bad.

Why is that people support war? I don't fucking get it. We should focus on technology instead and advancement in the medical field.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd say a giant economic downturn is the wrong time for a sleeping bear to awaken.
    Actually its the best time, war means profit. war creates jobs. War has been used to boost economies for many many years.

Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    Actually its the best time, war means profit. war creates jobs. War has been used to boost economies for many many years.
    How's that working out for the US? Doesn't seem to well.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm sure anyone could cherry pick thing to make any country look bad.
    oh that wasnt the bad...

that was just the embarrassing...

hence why I would stick to men dressed like Pikachu.

for the bad, i would just like to point at the news....

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    oh that wasnt the bad...

that was just the embarrassing...

hence why I would stick to men dressed like Pikachu.

for the bad, i would just like to point at the news....
    Rather irrelevant.

I mean, irrelevant beyond the usual Japanophilia.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Japanese didn't change their constitution, they just "reinterpreted" it. Apparently "just for defense" now means "offense is okay too".

We can use the help in Asia.
    Lol, good point. Although this little event combined with their recent attempts to basically deny all the horrible shit they did in WWII makes me a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How's that working out for the US? Doesn't seem to well.
    Iraq and Afghanistan havent been too productive actually, this is mainly due to not needing any new hardware or weapons that we didnt already have a metric fuck ton of. But it is keeping people employed by the defense industry employed, for better or worse. I personally feel war is a waste of time those resources would be better spent on improving our people and our future. However its very hard to deny the great depression ending after a couple world wars.

It doesn't mean they will go to war. It is the first step to getting the country used to the idea that it is a possibility. Previously their options were pretty limited when it came to protecting their own interests abroad. They have China, North Korea and Russia on their doorstep, all of which are not good neighbors. While if it came to all out war I am sure the U.S. would back them up, but up until that point the ability to protect their own interests is important. There are a lot of naive people in Japan that actually believe being passive will keep them safe, it is about time they start to wake up and realize they need to protect their own interests and get the military prepared to do so. Whether or not they will use their military is a completely separate issue, this is about how freely they are allowed to do so if the need arises.