Mythic mechanics in heroic.

Would having mythic extra mechanics in a setting where we can do them without 20 people as a requirement interest anyone else? I've been raiding with my group for a while now, alot "of when we get 20 people we can try mythic". Were struggling still in heroic as it is, But i'm just bored to death with the same mechanics through normal and heroic. Typically the next raid teir is starting before we are ready to get into mythic.

So you are struggling in heroics, can't get 20 people also and want to advance via some bastardization of the system now. Good luck. I liked being able to to the hardest setting in a 10 man before but it seems that is a thing of the past. Since you can't finish up heroic as it is you clearly can't do mythic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbe View Post
    Would having mythic extra mechanics in a setting where we can do them without 20 people as a requirement interest anyone else? I've been raiding with my group for a while now, alot "of when we get 20 people we can try mythic". Were struggling still in heroic as it is, But i'm just bored to death with the same mechanics through normal and heroic. Typically the next raid teir is starting before we are ready to get into mythic.
    It would require then 5th difficulty... I think 4 difficulties are enough as is.

I also think that 20 man sharp requirement is a bit problematic, maybe some very limited flex for mythic could be nice, just to make it a little easier for all the bunch of decent understaffed guilds to get in - think 15-20 players.

Yeah heroic 10 man was fun in cata got a different flavor maybe im just weird for liking cata.

I would want a 10man / 15man heroic long before this. At least then more guilds, mine included, could take part in mythic content. What, with players leaving in droves and all, the jump up to 20man was just not doable this expansion for a lot of guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Yeah I don't want to leave my guild just for mythic either. Only 1 guild on my server pushing mythic always psting our best guys to poach em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbe View Post
    Yeah I don't want to leave my guild just for mythic either. Only 1 guild on my server pushing mythic always psting our best guys to poach em.
    Well. it's not like Blizz lead dev is going to read this thread and make Blizzard scramble all their resources on implementing this now...

If you want to raid Mythic then you have no choice, apply to a guild that raids Mythic and I suggest to realm transfer too, because realm with only one Mythic guild is just not going to cut it in a long term.

I completely understand you, because I was in a similar situation - I was in some nice guild for 3 years and they specialized on 10 man top tier raiding, we had some excellent achievements for semi-casual guild raiding Heroic 10 Cata and MoP and cleared almost all raids on top difficulty before content patches, but the whole 20 man thing nailed us hard, since realm was underpopulated we could not gather 20 competent people and basically after long struggle people started quitting and me as well.

I realm transferred and joined another nice guild that does Mythics, nothing too fancy, but at least we get progress and have things to do, so ultimately it was good choice.

So you want to do mythic, but want to stay in a guild which has problems with heroics? There's no solution for that... Even if mythic was flexible, you would still struggle with heroics and almost all of the current mythic content won't be doable with your current guild.