View Poll Results: Alright so what do you think should happen next?

Voters
132. This poll is closed
  • Nothing I stand with her, wait for her appeal to work its way through.

9 6.82%
  • The law is the law send her to jail for disobeyed the law.

84 63.64%
  • The judge should have known, I disagree wait for her appeal now.

3 2.27%
  • Put her and Mike Huckabee in the Same Cell.

36 27.27%
Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kim David is back, and probably on her way to jail again!

Deputy Kentucky Clerk's Lawyer Says Kim Davis May Have Again Defied Fed Order

An attorney for Deputy Clerk Brian Mason said Friday afternoon that Rowan County clerk Kim Davis removed her name from the county's marriage license forms, which may disobey a federal judge's order, the Associated Press reported.

According to court documents, Mason told his lawyer Davis confiscated all original forms upon her arrival back at work on Sept. 14, and provided a replacement that deleted her name and all mentions of the county.

This was Davis' first week back on the job after being jailed five days for continually refusing to follow federal law and issue marriage licenses to LGBT couples.

Davis' office began issuing license to gay couples while she was jailed, and Mason vowed to continue issuing them even if Davis attempted to interfere.

Davis' attorneys have long asked for an accommodation that would allow the clerk to perform her duties without violating her personal beliefs, and asked a federal judge to remove Davis' name from the licenses.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...d-judges-order

Alright so what do you think should happen next?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Can't follow the rules? Back to jail.

Deleted
    If all she did was remover her name, Who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Well the people applying for a marriage license care, and she was told by a judge not to interfere, removing her name and the county from the documents, basically invalidates their official purpose.

house arrest don't waste tax payer money on her food / shelter in a jail cell..... and move to recall vote / impeachment hearing.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

She said she would behave. An arrangement was worked out where the other clerks would sign gay marriage licenses, last I heard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

also how can she be the only one who can sign them? WTF do they do on sick days her PTO days ????
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Cause without the county clerk signing it, they are invalid under their state law.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Same thing I thought before, she should resign or spend the time in jail until either she resigns, her term is done or she does her damn job.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    also how can she be the only one who can sign them? WTF do they do on sick days her PTO days ????
    Not marry.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She said she would behave. An arrangement was worked out where the other clerks would sign gay marriage licenses, last I heard.
    In honesty was an arrangement made, do you really think she said to the judge, I won't interfere, or was she told not to, and remained silent as indication she was going to comply?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Same thing I thought before, she should resign or spend the time in jail until either she resigns, her term is done or she does her damn job.
    Why until she resigns her name, she took her's and the county's name off of the documents, putting them back wouldn't change that, and the fact it would require attention means she is wasting the courts time after she was told not to interfere.

Just find another judge. Problem, solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth mentioning again that her signature indicates that the marriage is legal under the laws of Kentucky. Her religious beliefs do not conflict with her ability to be a legal clerk whatsoever.

Kentucky's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Originally called House Bill 279 (HB279), Kentucky’s RFRA states: Government shall not substantially burden a person’s freedom of religion. The right to act or refuse to act in a manner motivated by a sincerely held religious belief may not be substantially burdened unless the government proves by clear and convincing evidence that it has a compelling governmental interest in infringing the specific act or refusal to act and has used the least restrictive means to further that interest. A “burden” shall include indirect burdens such as withholding benefits, assessing penalties, or an exclusion from programs or access to facilities

which means the state of Kentucky by law has to make reasonable accommodations to ones sincerely held religious belief and if they don't they are violating Kim Davis state granted rights

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why until she resigns her name, she took her's and the county's name off of the documents, putting them back wouldn't change that, and the fact it would require attention means she is wasting the courts time after she was told not to interfere.
    resign, as in quit, not re-sign the documents. Time on a hockey forum has burned the difference into my mind lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    ass 3 --------> ||||| jail. This is why religious zealots cant hold any seat of power. They will try to impose their religion on everyone else.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2015-09-18 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Kentucky's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Originally called House Bill 279 (HB279), Kentucky’s RFRA states: Government shall not substantially burden a person’s freedom of religion. The right to act or refuse to act in a manner motivated by a sincerely held religious belief may not be substantially burdened unless the government proves by clear and convincing evidence that it has a compelling governmental interest in infringing the specific act or refusal to act and has used the least restrictive means to further that interest. A “burden” shall include indirect burdens such as withholding benefits, assessing penalties, or an exclusion from programs or access to facilities

which means the state of Kentucky by law has to make reasonable accommodations to ones sincerely held religious belief and if they don't they are violating Kim Davis state granted rights
    US Federal Constitution trumps state.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    resign, as in quit, not re-sign the documents. Time on a hockey forum has burned the difference into my mind lol.
    NP, It happens, just confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Deputies can sign in her absence, which is what happened over her time in jail. However, she has made now them non-legally binding by removing her name (was previously on the licenses as part of her elected position) and removing the name of the issuing county. Therefore, she has altered a legal document in such a way that makes it useless at best and illegal at worst.

Her was needs to be fired.