Deleted

Gearing up Enhancement Shaman for HFC normal

This Friday I finally got my enhancement shaman alt to level 100. After running HFC LFR and abusing Empowered Baleful items I managed to get him up to ilvl 680:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A1rd/advanced

When I get new baleful cloak and neck (with decent secondary stats) I plan to empower them as well which should leave me ilvl 685 or 686. Normally this ilvl would be decent enough to start raiding HFC normal, however in HFC LFR I have noticed my DPS is pretty low (around 20-25kdps single target). I don't consider my rotation to be perfect yet but I am trying to follow it as best as I can and I consider this DPS to be extremely low for my ilvl, which leads me to believe it is (at least partially) due to my gear.
    It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that Empowered Baleful/HFC LFR gear is "as good" as normal raiding gear of similar ilvl (and the same secondary stats) except for two very important factors:
    -It doesn't provide any tier bonus.
    -Baleful/HFC LFR trinkets are pretty shitty compared with raiding trinkets of similar ilvl.

Based on this I think I have two options:
    -Start HFC normal as I am now, which will probably mean having a very low DPS.
    -Start spamming BRF HC with bonus rolls focusing on getting decent trinkets/tier pieces to improve my DPS before going to HFC Normal.

What would you do in my place? In case it's the second option: Is it better to "focus more" on getting T17 tier pieces or T17 trinkets? Which would be a greater DPS boost?
    Thanks in advance :-).

You can figure out exact details with SimCraft to see if the T17 is worthwhile for you. I never got around to simming it, but I expect they'd be beneficial, but whether they'd be worth it to you is another question.

Trinkets will definitely help - you can probably get another 2-3k DPS just by getting heroic BRF, conquest, or crafted trinkets. Wild Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest seems to be the best conquest one. You can buy Champion's Honor to get the conquest if you don't want to PVP. The ilvl 700 or 715 alchemy stone is also competitive before you get the better HFC trinkets - the 715 one even (on sims, at least) edges out the normal Soul Cap slightly. Even Soul Prism off Kazzak would be a solid upgrade over the ones you have now.

Deleted
    Well I just got a quick look at your armory. But your are empowering the wrong items. Sure you can sim. But to keep it simple. Your items should always have haste on it. Then you want to look for mastery or multistrike. Try to balance those last 2 out. So Haste/mastery items or Haste/multistrike items should be empowered. When this done, you can start to worry about set items. First of get three 715 proffession items. What can you make on alts? DOnt forget to enhcant your gear. Good luck.

That being said. For AOE fights repplace your haste/multistrike gear with haste mastery.
    Last edited by mmocfcdf5122cc; 2015-10-12 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slammer77 View Post
    Well I just got a quick look at your armory. But your are empowering the wrong items. Sure you can sim. But to keep it simple. Your items should always have haste on it. Then you want to look for mastery or multistrike. Try to balance those last 2 out. So Haste/mastery items or Haste/multistrike items should be empowered. When this done, you can start to worry about set items. First of get three 715 proffession items. What can you make on alts? DOnt forget to enhcant your gear. Good luck.

That being said. For AOE fights repplace your haste/multistrike gear with haste mastery.
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    I get what you are saying and I am perfectly aware that some secondary stats are better than others. However the weights for enhancement shaman seem to have little variation (being the highest 0.56 for haste and the lowest 0.49 for versatility according to AMR at least). I do understand that for perfect mini-maxing I should always point to getting the best possible stats before empowering, but I do not feel like farming 20-50k appexis crystals per slot to get the perfect combination :P. Specially since I plan on start raiding as soon as my DPS is decent and the items should be replaced soon enough for higher ilvl ones. I will consider 715 items if I can find them for a decent price (or can get an alt/guildie to make them for me). While I agree that having the correct empowered baleful items would help the DPS a bit I think having the correct trinkets/some tier items will probably help much more. I will of course enchant my items before starting to raid.
    Thanks again for your advice :-).