Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd hate to see MGS turn into another Call of Duty.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2015-09-19 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Kojima retained creative control over the franchise (and played a developmental role), I wouldn't play it. It wouldn't feel "right" playing a Metal Gear made by a different team. It's for the same reason why I regard the 343 Industries Halo games as non-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyS1X View Post
    Unless Kojima retained creative control over the franchise (and played a developmental role), I wouldn't play it. It wouldn't feel "right" playing a Metal Gear made by a different team. It's for the same reason why I regard the 343 Industries Halo games as non-canon.

Thats stupid considering 343 leaders are mostly made of old bungie employees lol. Halo 4 was a far better game then the shit destiny was.

But Halo has the same people writing the story as it did when Bungie made the games... How can you call that non canon simply because the development studio changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats stupid considering 343 leaders are mostly made of old bungie employees lol. Halo 4 was a far better game then the shit destiny was.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/3052401/0/0

Their version of a blue post, stating:

"I don't know how they'll do (I hope they do great - big fan of Halo, I want to see more). But all of your second sentence is completely false. Lots of good people at 343i, and they're all huge fans of Halo and will probably continue to make great stuff, but very few actually worked at Bungie during their careers."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like for Kojima's old production team to leave Konami en masse, form a new production studio, and buy the IP from Konami. I'd like the Castlevania, Suikoden, Contra, and Silent Hill teams to do the same. If Konami wants to focus on pachinko machines and mobile games at the expense of longtime fans, they can do it without the IPs that made them a company worth a damn.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I dont know why you would want blizzard to buy the metal gear series, they have monumentally fucked up WoW, destroyed diablo, and im sure starcraft isnt log behind it. I dont want them touching any IP's outside of thier own less they fucking ruin it like they have thier own games.

Also why do you guys think konami will sell the metal gear IP. And not just use it as a passive form of income?

"I don't know how they'll do (I hope they do great - big fan of Halo, I want to see more). But all of your second sentence is completely false. Lots of good people at 343i, and they're all huge fans of Halo and will probably continue to make great stuff, but very few actually worked at Bungie during their careers."
    the staff yes, not whos in charge. Even fucking franky is in 343 lol. Get your head out of your ass, you wanna suck bungies dick just play destiny lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont know why you would want blizzard to buy the metal gear series, they have monumentally fucked up WoW, destroyed diablo, and im sure starcraft isnt log behind it. I dont want them touching any IP's outside of thier own less they fucking ruin it like they have thier own games.
    Agreed. Blizzard has shown me nothing in the last two years to suggest they've got what it takes to make a good Metal Gear game--or any of Konami's other franchises, honestly. They can barely handle their own.

Also why do you guys think konami will sell the metal gear IP. And not just use it as a passive form of income?
    In an ideal world Konami is going to tank, hard off their mobiles-and-pachinko scheme with all their talent leaving the company at a staggering rate (developers and designers are leaving and savaging Konami's corporate culture as borderline-Orwellian). At that point, the IPs will likely go up for sale to avoid bankruptcy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    imagine ....Solid Snake is back, battling Garrosh the Orc, from XOF. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    well since the story is kinda established now, its like they only need to remake mg1 and mg2 for the climax ( fall of bigboss ), but seems that konami wont do that anymore, in the end blizzard can still hire kojima to keep doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

if you take a closer look, blizzard is starting to get out of WoW "bubble" and releasing different type of games/ips, overwatch as an example, an extra stealth ip is good for blizzard..... technically.
    All of the games that they've done are pretty much all multiplayer games. Blizzard has no real experience with single player experiences like Metal Gear Solid. Plus, nothing in their story telling implies they could pull off the crazy and intricate stories of MGS.

Blizzard is a great developer, but that doesn't mean they can make a game of any genre and it will be great. Naughty Dog is a phenomenal game developer, but I wouldn't trust them to make a MMO. Same thing with Blizzard. I don't trust them to make a game that is so far out of their AND an established series and do it justice.

statement from 2011 is relevant in 2015. Sorry but im pretty sure more people work for 343 now that worked on the original halos than work at bungie anymore. Bungie is a shit company now that doesnt look after its playerbase for shit. Used to be my number one fav due to thier fan interaction, but after reach they have sucked major shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    imagine ....Solid Snake is back, battling Garrosh the Orc, from XOF. Lol.
    "Snake enters the nexus!"

Or whatever they say when they put a new hero in HOTS, would seem more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    statement from 2011 is relevant in 2015. Sorry but im pretty sure more people work for 343 now that worked on the original halos than work at bungie anymore. Bungie is a shit company now that doesnt look after its playerbase for shit. Used to be my number one fav due to thier fan interaction, but after reach they have sucked major shit.
    Thats because fan interaction at bungie was handled by Frank O'Connor (Franky). Which just happens to be Director for 343.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    "Snake enters the nexus!"

Or whatever they say when they put a new hero in HOTS, would seem more likely.
    He would be a weird fit art wise, but I wouldnt mind

hmmm what would snakes abilities be... trait would have to be cloaking, first non SC stealth champ

Ability: Chokehold. Long CD
    Does no damage. Snake grabs an enemy, incapacitating them for 6 seconds. Snake and target share any damage taken. Hold breaks if they take damage exceeding 10% of their health
    level 16 talent makes chokehold last 2 seconds longer, Snake and Target take half as much damage, kills the target if chokehold lasts its full duration(8seconds)

Talent: Its just a box.
    If Snake is loses cloak as a result of taking damage, he gains 25% movement speed and drops a box at the location concealing a claymore mine underneath facing a random direction. If the box is attacked 3 times, the claymore mine will be exposed, which can then be destroyed with one attack

One ult is easy, Nikita missle that you contol

Hrm... Snakes cloaking should be unique. If any enemy sees snake out of cloak, they get that exclaimation mark over their head(visible to snake) like murky when his egg breaks, That allows them immediately spot snake through his cloak for ~15 seconds(They will see an attackable running box, instead)

Essentially prevents snake from constantly running in and out of combat for cloak like Nova(anti armor shells, Ambush)While paying homage to the old SPOTTED mechanic.

Not entirely serious, alot of potential for a champ though
    Last edited by Daita Tetsu; 2015-09-20 at 04:09 PM.