Deleted

do you agree with Quantum Mechanics

Deleted
    That's sort of like asking: "do you agree with maths"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    if you ask this on the street more than 50 % won t know what you are talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    or 'do you agree that we exist'

Bonus tip: Quantum mechanics is what makes your computer and tv work!

Little hard to disagree with the most experimentally verified theory in physics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don´t agree with any Mechanics, most of the time they´re trying to scam me into paying more, fuck mechanics!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Until a better theory to explain shit came out - Yes.

I don't know what you're talking about either.

QED as a theory has been verified with a very good degree of accuracy but we know it's not the whole truth in the sense that there are still big questions open in physics.

If you mean that do I believe that at the small scale physical qualities are quantized or that we can use the mathematical formulation of quantum physics such as the wave function to predict outcomes of physical experiments then yes I do agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I finished my last education many years ago, and back then Quantum Mechanics were still referred to as a 'school of a theory'.

I'm still not sure what the scientific consensus has become over the past few years on Quantum Mechanics, wether it's real and confirmed or still 'just a theory'.
    Everything in science is a "theory". From Newton's laws and gravity to evolution. No scientific formulation ever turns from theory to "fact" because the basic premise of science is that everything is and must be open to change if ever there is an experiment that disagrees with the theory. Quantum mechanics is not "just a" theory among many, it is *the* most accurate theory we have been able to create and in the scale it is applied to, every experiment to date has agreed with its predictions to a respectable number of decimals.
    Last edited by Summer; 2015-09-22 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    Your question makes no sense.

It's like asking.

Do you agree with Newtonian physics?

I doubt whether Newtonian Physics care or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Your question makes no sense.

It's like asking.

Do you agree with Newtonian physics?

I doubt whether Newtonian Physics care or not.

Don't be a sheep. Newtonian Physics slow us down.

Disagree with them and fly.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Listen I seriously have my doubts that anyone that spends a super lot of time here truly has enough practice, study, and experience to really be qualified enough to agree or disagree with quantum mechanics. Discovery channel arm chair folks most likely. Unless you find it violates your personal Jesus or something. This is mostly the type of shit you just kind of leave in the hands of people that devote their lives to it. I totally suspect that these people will get many things wrong but these things will ultimately self correct as time goes on and in time I mean likely over the course of many life times and likely even many generations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless Quantum Mechanics is the name of a person having said something controversial I don't see how and why I should disagree. But then maybe someone has actually named his child "Quantum Mechanics".
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Don't be a sheep. Newtonian Physics slow us down. Disagree with them and fly.
    Exactly, evolution is all about Subtil in one certain environment. Flying creatures are more cosmologically evolved than us... The " mind > body " mentality is utter shit and a childish disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone in here has the level of understanding for QT to say a simple "i agree" or not.
    I agree/accept it because thousand of people who are indefinitely smarter than me saying that it's solid and so beautiful that it cannot be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Listen I seriously have my doubts that anyone that spends a super lot of time here truly has enough practice, study, and experience to really be qualified enough to agree or disagree with quantum mechanics. Discovery channel arm chair folks most likely. Unless you find it violates your personal Jesus or something. This is mostly the type of shit you just kind of leave in the hands of people that devote their lives to it. I totally suspect that these people will get many things wrong but these things will ultimately self correct as time goes on and in time I mean likely over the course of many life times and likely even many generations.
    You are wrong then. The basic principles of quantum mechanics is not some sort of a hyper difficult subject only a handful of people in the world understand, completely average physicists like me study it for a semester or a few depending on what we're aiming at and are left with a basic understanding of things. You could maybe say that of some of the high flying cosmological theories but basic quantum mechanics is - I might not say understandable as Feynman himself said it cannot really be understood - but the mathematical theory and it's implications as well as the famous experiments such as the double slit experiment showing quantum mechanics in action do not take an abnormal IQ or decades of study to understand at all. Anyone with a basic grasp of mathematics, namely statistical probability and differential equations, can even teach it to themselves with the help of a good book.

I bet that Schrodinger's cat disagrees with quantum mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, anyone only looking at the topic title for a prolonged period of time at the GOT forum might not know whether the current state is "disagree" or "agree". The topic is simultaneously agreed and disagreed upon. Only when looking at the poll someone knows whether the state is agreed or disagreed. I hope I am doing it right
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

The core principles are sound and hard to disagree with, but I do think people are ignorant to assume that reality can be accurately explained by math formulas, and I think people also tend to incorrectly draw conclusions from these theories that have nothing to do with anything, such as the goofy multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    I bet that Schrodinger's cat disagrees with quantum mechanics.
    Unless we ask him, he both agrees and disagrees.