Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hallow insults in gaming.

Guys have you ever noticed that the persons that use phrases/words such as "noob", "12 years old" (or whatever years old for that matter), "learn to play", "get good", "scrub" are actually themselves the ones that need a skill boost. And whats up with the age complex? I also have a feeling that some of those with age complexes, somehow work at mcdonald or have a similar job. Nothing bad in that, its just my gut feeling.

If some guy calls me a noob, its automaticaly regarded as unskilled in my brain, as i cant remember one superior player that pronounced that word to me.
    And the vast majority that used that word in conversation with me and we competed, i snapped in half. I BROKE them!

So what do you think? Is it true? Is it 90% true, or is it not? Are you one of those?
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2015-09-20 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think anonymity and frustration are not good bedfellows.

Deleted
    I think that's one of the shallowest issues I can think of.

I mean, I'm on an RP server and, yes, I RP. I often get slammed for doing so in BGs, but then I proceed to be one of the top, if not the top players in the BG.

So, uh.

I guess that's kinda similar???

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
    You are complaining about the fact that there are people who call others 12 years old when there is no foundation for such arguments. Which is fair.
    But then you think they likely work at the mac which makes you the same dumb idiot as they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
    You are complaining about the fact that there are people who call others 12 years old when there is no foundation for such arguments. Which is fair.
    But then you think they likely work at the mac which makes you the same dumb idiot as they are.
    How did you conclude that i complain? I notice. But yeah its a gut feeling of mine that some of them have that kind of job, i dont tell them that though.

Guys when i say that they use these words i mean literally, and i dont refer to insults in general. Better players use more creative insults in my experience.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2015-09-20 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    learn to play and get good aren't insults

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvwertz View Post
    learn to play and get good aren't insults
    They're just another way of saying you're bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most players I've seen use those to strangers (as opposed to teasing among friends) seem mentally young, yeah. However, f you get called that on a regular basis, it's probably not without reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Which is another way of insulting.

So uh...back to the top I suppose.

Deleted
    which is not an insult

Deleted
    I rarely get called a noob or get told that I need to learn how to play, and if I do get called that another team member often jumps to put them in their places even when they are complete strangers.

What did I learn, there are both nice people and pricks on the internet. Shocking, I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Guys have you ever noticed that the persons that use phrases/words such as "noob", "12 years old" (or whatever years old for that matter), "learn to play", "get good", "scrub" are actually themselves the ones that need a skill boost. And whats up with the age complex? I also have a feeling that some of those with age complexes, somehow work at mcdonald or have a similar job. Nothing bad in that, its just my gut feeling.

If some guy calls me a noob, its automaticaly regarded as unskilled in my brain, as i cant remember one superior player that pronounced that word to me.
    And the vast majority that used that word in conversation with me and we competed, i snapped in half. I BROKE them!

So what do you think? Is it true? Is it 90% true, or is it not? Are you one of those?
    I admire you, you´re the true pro!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Which isn't an insult, it can be one...but it doesn't have to be. And the difference is really easy to spot, people just like to ignore it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I admire you, you´re the true pro!
    You amuse me.

15+ Year Old Account
    You amuse me.
    That´s what i do. I amuse people, and annoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, I have to disagree, seen many of the "ranking" people do the same thing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I call it people being easily offended.

My stance on this is that if you get insulted like this by a lot of people, it's probably not because the problem is with those people.

hint for understanding my post below

only read if you don't understand

I'm saying the problem is you
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I either ignore the chat in these scenarios or get them even more angry. It's quite easy to get someone who is already angry to be more angry.
    For example, if they try to tell you that you suck at the game, you could just tell them that you suck on purpose because it's fun to watch other people get angry about a pointless game. Basically don't respond in the way they expect you to respond.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-09-20 at 08:28 PM.