View Poll Results: Is it ever the victims fault for being raped?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Yes

7 15.22%
  • No

33 71.74%
  • It's the victims fault if she got drunk/left her drink unattended/was irresponsible

6 13.04%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

are rape victims ever responsible/to blame for their own rapes?

Is it possible for a rape victim to be atleast partially responsible being raped? Like if for example a woman goes to a party and gets super drunk , she meets a strange man and goes to his bed room and is then raped by the man. Do you have sympathy for women like this?

NOTE: I do not actually believe that women are responsible for being raped. I just wanted to see how many people do....
    Last edited by rianzi; 2015-09-20 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    No, what kind of stupid question is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    rape apologist thread, just close it down.

If you need to ask this question both your parents and education system has failed on you, or you are just a hopeless cause.

How many times do we need this same thread created in a week?

No, a woman isn't responsible for her own rape.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the better question though is, is it better to get raped while being right, or would it be better to not get raped while taking precautions you shouldn't have to take?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    oh dear .

10+ Year Old Account
    simply by being drunk, and/or by being in someone elses bedroom is not a green light for sex. did you really need to ask this? seams pretty straightforward to me.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

I can see this thread going on for a few dozen pages with lots of insightful conversations.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2015-09-20 at 07:52 PM.

She isnt responsible BUT if you provoke a dog dont get mad if it bites

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    simply by being drunk, and/or by being in someone elses bedroom is not a green light for sex. did you really need to ask this? seams pretty straightforward to me.
    You are completely correct. Now continue to tell your daughters to do this and you can remind them they were completely in the right every time they get raped.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    This is going to end well...

No, she is not responsible for the rape.

She can still be responsible for putting herself in a situation that greatly increases the risk of being raped. If I had a daughter and she told me she was going to get super drunk at a frat party and then just sleep it off in the bed with one of the frat boys, and that I shouldn't worry because she wasn't going to consent to sex - I'd never let her go, because that behavior is stupid as shit.

"I'm going to go to Jordan in a suit made of $100 bills, but don't you dare call me stupid if I get robbed, because I didn't tell them it was okey."
    Last edited by Revi; 2015-09-20 at 07:55 PM.

Nope not their fault. The guy/gal that has sex with a drunk guy/gal is at fault. If both are wasted non are at fault
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

If I went back in time and had sex with myself would that be rape or masturbation?

Deleted
    No. No ifs, no buts.

If your goal is to use your daughters and sisters as bait to expose and prosecute sexual predators. That way each time she puts herself in a compromised situation and gets raped, we can send another sexual predator to jail.

If you rather your daughters and sisters not be the rape bait and not get raped, suggest that they don't put themselves into those types of compromising situations.

We all have choices.

~ Daryl Davis

No not responsible. No means no at any stage. However one can be smart and not put ones self in dangerous positions.

I hate how the thought police shutdown any conversations about preventing rape by shouting victim-blamer and rape apologist please save us your holier-than-thou routine.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    She isnt responsible BUT if you provoke a dog dont get mad if it bites
    This right here. She is never to blame completely for what happened but there is a point where you need to take responsibility for what you are doing. Don't poke the bear, don't walk through the projects with a nice watch and clothes, don't dress slutty if you don't want attention from the wrong type of men. Take steps to protect yourself no matter what it is you are doing and a majority of the bad things that happen to people go away.

Is a victim of a burglary ever partly to blame? No.

Can you make it easier for the burglar? Yes, by leaving the front door unlocked for one.

Criminals do the bad thing, not the victim.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a line drawn between blaming the victim and taking personal responsibility for your own safety.

Obviously rape is bad, and the rapist is always the cause/blame of such attacks. But KNOWING that rapists exist, one should take appropriate measures to not be targeted.