Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there ANYTHING worse than random free naval equipment?

* Just shows up in your bag
    * Takes up spaces just like all that other shit
    * Eventually, takes up lots of spaces
    * Can't be sold
    * Can't be traded
    * Can't be sent to alts
    * Can't be used from your bank
    * Seems like it might be useful because it's quite expensive to create (500GR = ~200g, 1-2 days of garrison output) should you actually need a particular piece
    * But mostly it just sits there and takes up your fucking bag space 24x7

...delete it? Use something other than troll crews?

Surely there must be more vital things to complain about, such as the actual ways the shipyard is broken, as opposed to inventing new things to complain about.

Deleted
    A free U2 album...

Pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're complaining over free stuff that is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    A free U2 album...

Pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're complaining over free stuff that is useful.
    You don't think having your already-bulging bags spammed with yet more "shit that might be useful later but definitely isn't right now but is too valuable to just throw away" isn't worth complaining about?

Lazy fucking asshole game designers fuck off.

the game designers are lazy because you cant be bothered to delete a single item?

LOL

Can you do us a favor and unsub, and take all those people like you along?

Bulging bags? Clean them out then. And you're calling the devs lazy....
    I'm carrying loads of stuff for raiding and have 50+ spaces free.

Or upgrade your 8 slot bags lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Is there ANYTHING worse than random free naval equipment?
    No random free naval equipment.
    No money.
    No internet access.
    No electricity.
    No place to call home.
    No food.
    No job.
    No friends.
    No family.
    Being dead.

With that headline you're not going to get any sympathy from me. And yes, I went out of the gameworld to show you why your headline should be meaningful and not whiny.

You remind me of something bad in this game : LFR.

U should try get mostly human crews, 1 murloc crew and a fiew dranei crew (dont know what the horde equivalence is).

I'll probably end up decommissioning my gnome ships some time. So annoying to have 7-8 bag slots filled with ship equipment that's of rare quality so you can't delete it quickly. They mostly sit unused in my bags. Whenever I actually do remember to use them, I'm lacking the right kind of equipment.
    On my main I have them neatly organized next to each other in my bags. But on alts they're all over the place. I mash the space-bar so I never really notice when a new one is added.

The equipment themselves are also annoying to use. You select a mission, fill it with ships and then you'll see which counters you're lacking. You then have to find out if you've got the right equipment, remember the ship name, remember which piece of equipment is unused for that mission, apply it to the ship, go back to the mission map, re-click the mission and then you can send your ships out with a higher success chance. Something as simple as a dropbox appearing over unused equipment on the mission screen would be a pretty nice quality of life improvement.

But I do have to give them credit for mentioning the ship type when a ship gets destroyed. Custom naming each ship to "Destroyer #", "Battleship #" etc was such a shitty workaround to being able to quickly identify which ship type you needed to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I'll probably end up decommissioning my gnome ships some time. So annoying to have 7-8 bag slots filled with ship equipment that's of rare quality so you can't delete it quickly. They mostly sit unused in my bags. Whenever I actually do remember to use them, I'm lacking the right kind of equipment.
    On my main I have them neatly organized next to each other in my bags. But on alts they're all over the place. I mash the space-bar so I never really notice when a new one is added.

The equipment themselves are also annoying to use. You select a mission, fill it with ships and then you'll see which counters you're lacking. You then have to find out if you've got the right equipment, remember the ship name, remember which piece of equipment is unused for that mission, apply it to the ship, go back to the mission map, re-click the mission and then you can send your ships out with a higher success chance. Something as simple as a dropbox appearing over unused equipment on the mission screen would be a pretty nice quality of life improvement.

But I do have to give them credit for mentioning the ship type when a ship gets destroyed. Custom naming each ship to "Destroyer #", "Battleship #" etc was such a shitty workaround to being able to quickly identify which ship type you needed to rebuild.
    Finally someone who gets it.

I just wish they had a 1 copper sell price so I didn't have to delete each one individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I just wish they had a 1 copper sell price so I didn't have to delete each one individually.
    If only I could just delete them without having to type DELETE would be nice.

Yeah, OP cleary exaggerated here, but I also hate troll ships.

At least make them battle.net account its god damned dumb they planned on giving us more bag space only to give us 100 things to collect/farm/gather and the random free stuff. This has been one of the worst expansion for having random shit in my bag taking up space, no previous expansion has been this bad.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    At least make them battle.net account its god damned dumb they planned on giving us more bag space only to give us 100 things to collect/farm/gather and the random free stuff. This has been one of the worst expansion for having random shit in my bag taking up space, no previous expansion has been this bad.
    On the one hand they are telling us we have all this bag space freed up, and yet, I have 100+ bag slots on every character taken up with random semi-valuable shit.

What really annoys me most is the "random semi-valuable bag spammy shit" syndrome in WoD.
    * Piles of salvage boxes waiting to be opened
    * Follower upgrade tokens of varying kinds
    * Pieces of 650 Baleful gear with better secondary stats than the 675 pieces you have equipped, waiting to be upgraded
    * Multiple gear sets including Timewalking

Naval equipment just happens to be the worst incarnation of it, because it really is nothing other than a half dozen bag spaces stolen from you that you can't rationally and easily do anything about.

Wow, the horror of having useful stuff in your bags. Truly, it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    What really annoys me most is the "random semi-valuable bag spammy shit" syndrome in WoD.
    * Piles of salvage boxes waiting to be opened
    * Follower upgrade tokens of varying kinds
    * Pieces of 650 Baleful gear with better secondary stats than the 675 pieces you have equipped, waiting to be upgraded
    * Multiple gear sets including Timewalking
    * Salvage them before you get more than 20. Super hard to do.
    * Vendor your upgrades for followers, or just use them. Super hard to do.
    * Oh no, my free gear is taking up bag slots because I'm too lazy to get apexis crystals to upgrade them. Vendor it, de it, bank it.
    * Multiple gear sets? Two at most, three if you pvp. Maybe four if you pvp as two specs, but even then that's like what? 6 extra pieces per gear set due to the primary stat modifier on gear now. Timewalking sets? If you actually care about doing sick deeps in timewalking (which are substantially easier than mythic dungeons and only slightly harder than heroics) then you can't complain about the increased demand on your bag space.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2015-09-22 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    As first world problems go this may be in the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the game designers are lazy because you cant be bothered to delete a single item?
    OP also isn't realizing they're being generated by Troll/Gnomish ships. You could always just NOT USE THOSE SHIPS.

PS: I have 2 Gnomish ships because I actually LIKE getting free naval pieces.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.