View Poll Results: Is being young an excusable reason for not knowing how to play your class in LFR?

Voters
128. This poll is closed
  • Yes

46 35.94%
  • No

82 64.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    How about you teach him to play better? if he's really interested in the game, & not just playing cause his old mans does. read icy veins to him, make him macros? I taught my 66 year old grandmother to play.

Since we don´t have enough context the question is not answerable. Was he playing on his mothers account and playing the first time? Well blame the father for taking him to lfr. Was he playing his own char? If yes was the char pushed to 90 or played from the start?

Too many variables. But if it was his own char he played from 0 to hero. Then I´d say no it is no excuse to be young. But even then the question would be what is the goal of the person or what is his fun? Not everyone has fun in maximising his potencial. Some people just play for the sake of playing and how good or bad they are at what they play is irrelevant to them. You could say then don´t play with others as they "depend" on you. But to be honest the dependence in lfr is nearly zero in WOD.

I don't really think 10 year olds should engage in multiplayer content of such games but well it's still miles better than "her" stating my boyfriend is munching chips and burgers watching <insertshitshow>

If silver is required to do heroics, gold should be needed to go into lfr.

I started playing at 14 years old and killed Ragnaros. The original Ragnaros.

LFR exists so everyone can see the content, so yeah it is acceptable.

Have you considered that it might be you that shouldn't be in LFR?

LFR is for shit players. Unless you want these people lying and trying to get into group finder raids, I suggest you leave them to it. If the overall DPS is too low, just leave.

If you don't want to play with shit players, make your own group. Or let me guess, you "don't have time" because you "have a life".

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    In case someone is wondering, yes. My question in raid was to point out bad play. It went something like the following:

Me: Why exactly is the rogue linking items in raid chat and doing 4.3k dps?
    Me: Looking at your damage, you didn't hit a single sinister strike on council.
    DK: Hey, that is my 10 year old son, leave him alone.
    About 5 other people in raid: He is 10 years old, let him have fun.
    Me: Well, can you at least put the correct buttons on his bar, so that he might accidentally hit the right buttons and Shuriken toss really isn't a talent any rogue should take.
    Others: This is lfr, there is no reason he should have a correct rotation.

From the conversation, yes I was pointing out a player that appeared to be doing nothing more then shuriken tossing the entire fight. At this point in the raid, I had gone through 4 bosses with with this player taking up a raid spot. Including 4 wipes on Tyrant. There is a point, you have to look at the rest of the players and ask what are you doing wrong.
    I think you need to grow up and realize that the game isn't all about you.

I see this thread as an interesting alternative to That one (ilvl required for mythic dungeons)

Wouldn't exactly the same logic apply ?

Not your group, not your rules, adapt or create your own group

Besides, there are tools provided

- LFG/R to find random players (random means random, not "what I want". One has to stop queuing if they're not prepared to face worse players. That just requires a sense of reality. Millions of players play this game, they have the broadest range of gear/time/commitment/care/efficiency. Not everyone is "just like me")
    - A kick tool to deal with specific cases where one player performs/behave unappropriately to the group standards

Either you could've kicked the rogue because "the group" thinks it's not acceptable to perform that poorly, or they think it's OK and the rogue totally belongs to the group. You then have a choice to comply or leave. Nothing serious, actually. I'd even go as far as to say you should feel relieved if you think you don't want to comply and so don't belong in that group : it means your place is not among the baddies, yay !

Since when do 10 year olds not know how to be amazing at video games? My 3yr old has been kicking butt at Mario Kart on my wife's 3DS since he was 2. Being 10 he should have been top DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Typical. People falling all over themselves to defend LFR. No it's not acceptable to do that low of dps and expect 24 other people to carry you, even in LFR.
    Actually it is.

Blizzard's group, their rules.

It may suck (I think it does, see below), you may want to discuss the pertinence of LFR in itself, and why removing it may be better for the game, but as it is, yes, it is acceptable to perform from 1 to 100% (or even 0, about the ninjapull/don't rez case)
    There's a tool to deal with cases where everybody-1 thinks one person should leave. No need for anything more.

If one wants a certain level of performance, there is the "good old" way of raiding, having to commit

- to performance (if you expect others, you do this yourself)
    - to some sort of schedule *

Either by joining a guild, or the manual pickup groups pool of players

* unless what you want is an LFR tool, but used to group people of specific performance level, IE a normal/heroic LFR tool. I suppose mythic is out of question, considering the difficulty added by random spec/roles being put together

But then, don't change the current LFR, ask for another option

Note that I first stopped playing before LFR was introduced, merely tried once during the month I played MoP, and now that I'm back for the end of WoD, I haven't tried either, and don't plan on it (except maybe if it can help catching up the legendary questline faster than with my guild recovering from a massive split). The one time I tried, I didn't like it. The careless vibe is not for me. Some people can, yes, do nothing good, the boss will still die because others will do double of what's required. That's not how I want to play. So I avoid it.

IMO, you cannot ask for performance requirements in LFR because either :

- you're unable yourself to commit to any "higher" sort of raiding (considering you belittle that bad rogue, it's an issue of time, not skill). You already get LFR. What more do you want ? Entitled people asking for other entitled people to be removed, no logic here. Ask for a normal-mode tool to find groups, not for a change of an existing feature
    - you don't use LFR, and then, you should not try to rule how it works
    Last edited by Thrundi; 2015-09-23 at 10:24 AM.

I guess how you answer this really depends on whether or not you see LFR as pure 'tourist mode' or whether it's actually raiding-lite, where you're still working as part of a team to kill bosses for gear and/or legendary progression. While in Mists it was much closer to the latter, in WoD it sits uncomfortably between the two.

I think the responsibility falls on the kid's dad - he should either have not let him queue for LFR at all until he could play better (would have been my choice) or at least be straight about it with the group at the beginning. It sounds like he went in with his son relying on everyone giving the kid a pass because of his age. Many LFR groups should be able to carry a really low DPS player, but if this guy wants his kid to carry on with the game it might have been good to introduce the idea that group content means being able to help your group and not just expecting to be carried. Yes, it's LFR and it doesn't really matter but can't hurt to teach the kid something that's pretty fundamental to MMOs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    If silver is required to do heroics, gold should be needed to go into lfr.
    And E30 to post on forums

Deleted
    In LFR people should just be silent. That provides the best outcome.

No idea what age has to do with anything at all.
    I've met 40 year olds who are just as bad. Perhaps age is a reason to tune the way to might talk to the person but not necessarily an excuse?

In any case, that is what LFR is made for - people that aren't super great or don't have the time to invest into their character being able to look at the PvE content.

Regardless of your opinion of whether LFR should exist or not, there's one cardinal rule that makes the whole thing function: don't draw negative attention to yourself.

Lately even the "LOL it's just LFR" mentality is falling off because of how easy it is for stupid to mess with a run in HFC. People can and will notice if someone is doing something odd.

I thought everybody in LFR was 10 yrs old. Act that way at least...

I'd be ashamed of that kid if he really did that little dps. That's literally pure auto.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Since when do 10 year olds not know how to be amazing at video games? My 3yr old has been kicking butt at Mario Kart on my wife's 3DS since he was 2. Being 10 he should have been top DPS.
    Real talk though, 10 years old is not literally retarded and incapable of critical thinking or planning. I started playing WoW when I was 9 or 10, and regularly was able to top DPS in 5 man dungeons and shitty pugs. Hell, I did more DPS in Wotlk than this person is doing right now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odd responses, I brought up the fact that a rogue in an lfr was only using shuriken toss as his only button he was pushing. The response from one person in the raid was that he was their 10 year old kid and immediately got vilified for questioning a 10 year old's dps in lfr.

If the it's my 10 year old, had not been mentioned by anyone most players would have considered that the person was really afk or botting. Followed immediately with the ability to get a kick vote to pass. But, because the excuse of it is a 10 year old. I was considered in the wrong for mentioning it.

As to whether LFR should exist or not, that is not really the question. It exists and generally in order to complete the raid people should at least try or expect to be kicked.

Yes, I do sometimes speak up when I see things like characters that appear to be botting or afk. It is the only way that the kick function works is for multiple people to agree to kick someone.