Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sexual assault at universities correlates to how prominant university is

So they just did this survey of 40+ universities. The percentage of women reporting some form of sexual assault while at the universities varied from a low of 14% to a high of 50%. Curiously, to me anyway, the more prestigious the university, the higher the percentage of sexual assault. Why?

Harvard 53%

Iowa State University 16%

what-a-massive-sexual-assault-survey-showed-about-27-top-u-s-universities/

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Please post a link to the study.

Deleted
    This must mean that badly educated women call wolf on rape more often than ones from pristine universities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the more prestigious the university was, the more likely it was to have women who were likely to object to sexual advances, either because of social pressure or because of a greater emphasis on their studies?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Or richers are more rapey.

/30char what?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    reporting
    Seems to be the operative word.

Fascinating correlation.

Causes will remain a mystery most likely.

Could be that women at more prestigious unis are more likely to report assault because they're just more likely to be self-confident women?

Could be that women at more prestigious unis are more likely to report assault because they're more likely to get a good settlement?

Could be that more assaults occur at prestigious unis because the guys at those unis are more likely to be spoiled, narcissistic d-bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Fascinating correlation.

Could be that women at more prestigious unis are more likely to report assault because they're just more likely to be self-confident women?

Could be that women at more prestigious unis are more likely to report assault because they're more likely to get a good settlement?

Could be that more assaults occur at prestigious unis because the guys at those unis are more likely to be spoiled, narcissistic d-bags?
    could it be all three have something to do with it? though I feel the fewest would be option 2, but that's just a guess.

Probably helps that the more prominant the university, the more money they have to throw at bureaucrats and various women's departments that need to generate reasons for their existence. Reasons such as out of control sexual assault epidemics that they need more money to deal with, complete with on-campus propaganda about how stuff like some guy reading a book you don't like the looks of is close enough to sexual assault that it should be reported as such.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Fascinating correlation.

I would like to throw in the possibility of spoiled sheltered twats that have no clue how actual life works - on both sides.

Deleted
    Remember guys, crime happens because poverty.

It's quite simple, better universities = more privileged people = they care more about their ego = gossip more = Gossip Girl plots = regret sex ( read: rape ) happens more often

15+ Year Old Account
    IF this study holds any water, my first reaction would be that it's a consequence of some of the traits of the people who end up at those places. Accomplished people, mostly from rich families.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guess is more intelligent women know to report it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, seems the study classifies unwanted advances and remarks about appearance as sexual assault as well. Guess I'll ignore this one -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Two tier justice system, I'd guess.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Oh, seems the study classifies unwanted advances and remarks about appearance as sexual assault as well. Guess I'll ignore this one -.-
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Remember guys, crime happens because poverty.
    and because white males oppress everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Two tier justice system, I'd guess.
    If report rates were the same, but convictions were 50% at Harvard and 15% at local state college, then I'd get what you're going for... but as it is I'm not sure what you're saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Which usually are people without as much of a sense for boundaries, and people that are so spoiled in life that they need to go the extra mile to get some form of thrill and excitement. Coupled with entitlement this creates a pretty nasty cocktail.
    Yeah, that'd be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry Q_Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    In that case I'd have sexually harassed plenty of men and women while in Uni.
    Idd. This is why actual numbers on sexual crimes are so hard to come by..