Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Here's my experience. I've been at University of Miami, SUNY Buffalo, and Rochester Institute of Technology. I've yet to have a bad experience at RIT, had no bad experiences at UB. However, at Miami, I was groped unsolicited repeatedly at parties or other situations. I was also drugged at a club, and while my friends saw me and got me out of there safely, I'm pretty sure it was another student at the club who did it (it was wall to wall hurricanes there). The biggest difference, for the most part between Miami and the other places was wealth. Miami is a very rich school, and I like to think that when rich, entitled, and legally invincible young people get turned loose, they can sometimes act like sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    My guess is more intelligent women know to report it.
    So poor people = stupid.

You said it not me.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Funnily enough there are indeed some professors that get quite annoyed by all the girls in skirts without panties in the elevated lecture rooms
    I'd get annoyed, too. Heck, I got annoyed at those girls without bras sitting in front of me. I swear I could see the navel sometimes. Really distracting...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Clearly the povvo chicks is more keen on a shag innit luv.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

There are probably a number of factors at play.

One is very likely student culture. It's a good chance many of those universities at the top of the list have shitty student cultures.

Another factor is that sexual assault is the flavor of the month complaint of social activism and third wave feminism. What is and isn't sexual assault is very vaguely defined in certain circles these days. So a lot of the self reporting is more a "Me too" thing, than actual sexual assault. Add the two factors up, and it would probably explain the results.

I remember back in 2011 during the Occupy movement in Madrid, one of the Occupy groups was a feminist group. Several days into the protest, they "evicted themselves" from the camp, writing a looooooooooooong and wordy manifesto complaining about repeated patriarchal sexual assault, that made the camp an unsafe environment for their collective. The text was widely published in print and heavily reported on, in broadcast media, causing quite a bit of public support and attention for the feminist group.

Couple of days afterwards they held a press conference in the Occupy area where the gathered media asked for details on these reported sexual assault incidents. It turned out that what the feminist group categorized as patriarchal sexual assault was the effort of the Occupy camp organizers to make the encampment specially suited for women's and children's needs (bathroom facilities and such). They considered this to be patriarchal attitudes thus by extension sexual assault. With other words, chivalry was sexual assault and it made them feel unsafe.

This shows that sexual assault can be a wildly broad term, depending on your interpretation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So they just did this survey of 40+ universities. The percentage of women reporting some form of sexual assault while at the universities varied from a low of 14% to a high of 50%. Curiously, to me anyway, the more prestigious the university, the higher the percentage of sexual assault. Why?
    You obviously don't know any rich people.

With the political elite there is a strong sense of divine right to rule. With some justification they believe they can commit crimes because daddy's money will pay off the victim or whatever, so they do. They also have disproportiobnate influence over law enforcement This was a big part of the financial crisis and all the subsequent scandals. It is also the reason why celebrities almost never punished properly for crimes the rest of us would be sent down for.

The threat of imprisonment is just not credible to the political elite so they do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Whole study is not only bad statistics; it uses that crazy definition of sexual assault that includes "not asking every 20 seconds whether you have full active and ongoing consent"

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...sconduct/1747/

This was done with a clear agenda: promote rape hysteria.

Even though, as many feminists have pointed out, there's more rape in ghettos and poor (ethnic) areas -- and in all male prisons -- than on college campuses, where all the white women are.

Gotta keep feeding that myth of the perpetually raped white woman though!
    Shh, you might get accused of sexual assault by Lilla Blomma if you present evidence contrary to her prejudiced and non-factual narrative - you are infringing on her right to cry wolf and make mountains out of imaginary molehills.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Whole study is not only bad statistics; it uses that crazy definition of sexual assault that includes "not asking every 20 seconds whether you have full active and ongoing consent"

Even though, as many feminists have pointed out, there's more rape in ghettos and poor (ethnic) areas -- and in all male prisons -- than on college campuses, where all the white women are.

What page did it say this?

I'm also not not seeing anything about unwanted advances being considered assault in the articles linked.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You obviously don't know any rich people.

With the political elite there is a strong sense of divine right to rule. With some justification they believe they can commit crimes because daddy's money will pay off the victim or whatever, so they do. They also have disproportiobnate influence over law enforcement This was a big part of the financial crisis and all the subsequent scandals. It is also the reason why celebrities almost never punished properly for crimes the rest of us would be sent down for.

The threat of imprisonment is just not credible to the political elite so they do what they want.
    Not to mention that the current doctrine for raising children among the upper class is one where you must 'support self esteem at all costs', which means they don't teach their children to follow rules. I see parents who just let their toddlers run wild without ever disciplining the little maniacs, it results in the children being selfish and cruel with the notion that the world revolves around them.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The "prestigious" universities are largely populated by the entitled, they believe they can take what they want from whoever they want whenever they want. A sort of rich kid syndrome.
    I went to one and it's true. We just took everything we wanted from everyone and then raped the rest.

Come on guys. Rich people aren't all Rockefeller-Illuminati-Lizards.

Sometimes it's just normal people who worked for 20 years and made a lot of money because they saved and invested wisely.

Let's not oversimplify things. That's just some straight-up demonisation of the rich, it's populist, it's been done before to manipulate the disenfranchised.

Deleted
    It's either the male or the female student are more entitled and therefore overstep their boundaries or report more.
    Hard to say with so little information.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That was my reaction after reading it.

With a dash of marxism of course, taken that they take a shot at the wealthier colleges.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I went to one and it's true. We just took everything we wanted from everyone and then raped the rest.

Come on guys. Rich people aren't all Rockefeller-Illuminati-Lizards.

Sometimes it's just normal people who worked for 20 years and made a lot of money because they saved and invested wisely.

Let's not oversimplify things. That's just some straight-up demonisation of the rich, it's populist, it's been done before to manipulate the disenfranchised.
    I had a different take away, .... yes the demonizing a class of people for whom many probably are just successful and/or lucky so and so's,

But I think the elite universities have a much stronger Feminist Activist communities. Wealth can afford the privilege of being a nasty person and having zero consequences. Today's Jezebel reading, Feministing, Tumblr blogging technacolored activist who comes from that sort of social position can enjoy many connections and know they don't need to have any real marketable skills or abilities because Mom and Dad can give them 100K or more to just do whatever.

I go to a much cheaper, much smaller, more rural state college, we score relatively low. We also do not really have a particularly strong community of SocJust hipsters running around. We even have professors who have the overall courage to be politically on the right, which is like seeing a unicorn in higher education.

The upper crust schools were probably colonized with that line of thinking that everything is rape long ago. The grumpy, frumpy, school marm turn Feminist revolution has already consumed those places and now every awkward moment is basically MEGA SUPER RAPE!