LastLast

Champion Reworks

Champion rework spoilers posted by riotscruffy on the forums

We'll get to this very soon.

Spoiler (the nearer future):

Poppy (big)
    Taric (big)
    Shen (medium)
    A bunch of small marksmen updates (like the juggernauts)

There are others that we've talked about (yorick, akali etc) but those are still in earlier phases.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com...e?comment=0006

I am excited for the marksmen updates. Any fans of poppy or taric happy? Taric needed a visual update for the longest time . I always thought shen was balanced. I am pretty shocked he is getting a rework and not just a visual update.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-22 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, simple question then -

Without looking it up in game or on the wiki:
    What doe Shen's passive, Q, W and E do?

10+ Year Old Account
    passive - next attack deals extra damage and regens energy
    Q - a dagger that puts a HoT on those who attack daggered target, if dagger kills target - the heal is instant
    W - a shield. Oh, it also reduces CD on his passive when shield is active when he attacks.
    E - a charge-taunt with energy refund on champions hit

Derp

Basically, Taric, Poppy and Twitch are my favorite characters right now, seeing all of them being changed is neat.
    I am very happy to hear that Taric will be mainly a damage dealer, than pure tank, i hope it will open him up for a top lane again. I hope that Poppy rework will bring her from her "nerfed to the ground" state and her kit will be as satisfying to use as it is now. And marksmen changes - yay, i hope Twitch will be playable without being 6 slotted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Okay, simple question then -

Without looking it up in game or on the wiki:
    What doe Shen's passive, Q, W and E do?
    Shen passive does bonus magic damage based on his hp it has like an 8 second cooldown... Shen's q marks a target and any damage done to that target heals Shen and his allies. His w gives him a shield and his e is a dash/taunt. His ult is a free teleport that gives a shield. I just think he has an interesting kit + he is a threat and not spammed hardcore.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-22 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    Hoping they will keep CertainlyT away from these reworks this time
    Despite the fact that his creations are fun to play he shouldn't be given so much freedom in what he does...

I also hope that Poppy will keep her passive somewhere, it's simple yet useful and can lead to hilarious situations. How many times have we seen an unaware jungler trying to dive a Poppy with his laner...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can 100% guarantee you her passive will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They're just going to do what they've always done when it comes to champions with controversial kits, which is to make them bland tanks that are easy to play. They'll be OP at first because of stupidly high base damage, but then they'll be nerfed and nobody will play them again.

The fact that they're trying to sell the idea that E was Poppy's most iconic ability makes it clear that they don't intend to keep anything but the E.
    Iconic was R. Because it was and has been broken as hell. I dont know what was with Riot in having so many champions that say "I hit W now I run fast" so Im glad that will (hopefully) be changed on Poppy. Then they can change it on Teemo, Evelynn and Nunu and to a lesser extent Kayle and Lulu
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2015-10-06 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont know what was with Riot in having so many champions that say "I hit W now I run fast" so Im glad that will (hopefully) be changed on Poppy. Then they can change it on Teemo, Evelynn and Nunu and to a lesser extent Kayle and Lulu
    While i agree with you with Nunu and Evelynn, Teemo's W, Kayle's W and Lulu's W are well designed. For each one of them you get to make some kind of impactful choice (More noticeable on Lulu's kit).

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Her E was alway iconic. As her Q. Well, her ability to smash someone of bigger size into a wall and reduce him into a pool of blood is iconic, not an ability to not get damaged by enemies
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I disagree. Her E was alway iconic. As her Q. Well, her ability to smash someone of bigger size into a wall and reduce him into a pool of blood is iconic, not an ability to not get damaged by enemies
    Basically. What do you remember about Poppy? Her ult. But what is fun to play as Poppy? Ramming speed, get crushed! It's visceral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Basically. What do you remember about Poppy? Her ult. But what is fun to play as Poppy? Ramming speed, get crushed! It's visceral.
    Honestly all i do remember about Poppy is smashing people into walls. Her ult has fancy name and that's it. I never liked it (ult) when i started playing LoL (Poppy was one of my first champions to buy, because DOMINION)

Deleted
    Yesterday I've started playing LoL again after a year of absence and my friends told me that Morde got a rework so I picked him then i got asked if I would play him as marksman or toplaner and I was like "wtf are you serious?" and they were like "yes we are!"
    So I've played him on botlane against Vayne and Morg w/ Braum supporting me and it worked out surprisingly well but I still felt like playing a troll comp. Idk, guess I like him more the way he was even the teamfights felt kinda strange.

How exactly is that spoiler? Riot said it since 2013 and they still havent done anything while Blizzard brought whole new games and expansions out during that time, shows how terrible company Riot is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    How exactly is that spoiler? Riot said it since 2013 and they still havent done anything while Blizzard brought whole new games and expansions out during that time, shows how terrible company Riot is
    Well this sure as hell didn't make sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isander View Post
    While i agree with you with Nunu and Evelynn, Teemo's W, Kayle's W and Lulu's W are well designed. For each one of them you get to make some kind of impactful choice (More noticeable on Lulu's kit).
    Given how shitty Eve is holding up in the jungle - I think it's time to give her the rework they hinted at like a year+ ago now, and then never got around to.

They should add a health shield to her E - Ravage, which would help with her early clears - and they should remove it from her ultimate - which would decrease her burst power spike a bit (which is probably necessary with any rework of her).

Her stealth is also problematic - and I think I have a good solution to that. Her W should be a short cooldown, Sprint + Stealth: without the detection circle of her current permanent stealth, instead more like Twitch's stealth. So you can ward the map, you can see her lurking in bushes - but she's still got a powerful stealth engage: where she pops her W at Dragon, sprints down-river into bottom lane and onto the enemy ADC - and only when she hits Ravage (which now comes with a health shield) does the enemy ADC see her (unless they pink warded her entry bush).

It's all the shock of a Rengar ultimate - on like a 15 second cooldown (shorter with CDR) - but less potency.

It's like a Shaco engage actually - plus since she uses her W to both Sprint and Stealth, she doesn't have it immediately when she engages - instead she has to hit some AA's to reduce the cooldown and get it back before her target flees: this gives her prey the opportunity to make a quick decision - leave immediately and outrun her, or try to duel her and risk her getting her W back if you change your mind and later want to flee.

I feel like Hate Spike could use a bit of a rework too - though I don't have a bright idea for that yet - and I think they should do more to commit her to either AP or AD - since being both feels out of date: either works, they just need to pick one.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Given how shitty Eve is holding up in the jungle - I think it's time to give her the rework they hinted at like a year+ ago now, and then never got around to.

They should add a health shield to her E - Ravage, which would help with her early clears - and they should remove it from her ultimate - which would decrease her burst power spike a bit (which is probably necessary with any rework of her).

Her stealth is also problematic - and I think I have a good solution to that. Her W should be a short cooldown, Sprint + Stealth: without the detection circle of her current permanent stealth, instead more like Twitch's stealth. So you can ward the map, you can see her lurking in bushes - but she's still got a powerful stealth engage: where she pops her W at Dragon, sprints down-river into bottom lane and onto the enemy ADC - and only when she hits Ravage (which now comes with a health shield) does the enemy ADC see her (unless they pink warded her entry bush).

It's all the shock of a Rengar ultimate - on like a 15 second cooldown (shorter with CDR) - but less potency.

It's like a Shaco engage actually - plus since she uses her W to both Sprint and Stealth, she doesn't have it immediately when she engages - instead she has to hit some AA's to reduce the cooldown and get it back before her target flees: this gives her prey the opportunity to make a quick decision - leave immediately and outrun her, or try to duel her and risk her getting her W back if you change your mind and later want to flee.

I feel like Hate Spike could use a bit of a rework too - though I don't have a bright idea for that yet - and I think they should do more to commit her to either AP or AD - since being both feels out of date: either works, they just need to pick one.
    Her passive feels pretty useless tbh now that pink wards are as common as other wards. Hope she gets reworked sooner than later.

Deleted
    Shen is pretty linear and has little to no mechanics bar the flash taunt or vice versa. Just seems to have one role within the game and if he's not strong enough to fit the role, it's pointless playing him. Seems too reliant on numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbolt View Post
    Shen is pretty linear and has little to no mechanics bar the flash taunt or vice versa. Just seems to have one role within the game and if he's not strong enough to fit the role, it's pointless playing him. Seems too reliant on numbers.
    Erm, what? He might be linear, but he's very far from weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    *if* he is weak...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    *if* he is weak...
    He read the whole sentence! But yea if he isn't able to split push because someone just breaks him down and he has no way to do anything, his global presence goes to shit.