Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Adventures of Asterix is sexist

i was reading these books and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for them to enjoy.

does anyone else think this is true that its sexist?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poe's Law at it's finest. Zomg guys they totally Fat shame Obelisk.

If things were considered sexist simply because women aren't given a certain role, then everything in the world could be considered sexist in it's own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    things are products of their time.

and.. times change. I don't think its any more sexist than say, the fintstones or the jetsons.
    Hi

Deleted
    Can we please just not do this?

Sex in the city is sexist!!11!!!11 Does that work for you?

Deleted
    I enjoyed the asterix comics when I was a kid. No wonder I turned into such a misogynistic pig... I mean boar.

Omg you are right! Asterix should be banned, and the author should be fined! And all those who were offended by it should be compensated financially for their suffering.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

7+ Year Old Account
    Heck there was even a Asterix comic were he takes on a radical feminist that comes to the village who turned out to be not such a bad person as Asterix thought she would be he learned from it.

why god WHY would you EVER consider a comic from so many years ago as sexist? seriously, stop policing what was made several years ago and judging it by todays standards.

Also. And im serious here. OP, how do you EVER even think a thought like "OH MY GOD this comic taking place in ancient rome is sexist". Like really? how? i really want to know how you think its even relevant enough to warrant a thread?
    How would you, in ancient roman times, make a story, created by two men mind you, that isnt seemingly 90% men doing stuff, 8% animals doing stuff (idefix ftw) and 2% woman doing stuff. Only counting 2% as Cleopatra had her own book where she kinda put ceasar under foot, like really, in the comic's she practically dominates ceasar from time to time.

And i just want to make my stand very clear here. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT judge comics made 50 years ago by todays standards.

some quotes (albeit wikipedia but it was supported by my own collection of them)

"The series first appeared in the Franco-Belgian comics magazine Pilote on 29 October 1959"

"The main setting for the series is an unnamed coastal village in Armorica (present-day Brittany), a province of Gaul (modern France), in the year 50 BC. Julius Caesar has conquered nearly all of Gaul for the Roman Republic. The little Armorican village, however, has held out because the villagers can gain temporary superhuman strength by drinking a magic potion brewed by the local village druid, Getafix. His chief is Vitalstatistix."

Now, when they make new asterix films and cartoons and what not, i dont really see the value in butchering the comic story just to cater to some people thinking a more than 50 y/o comic is sexist.

The first issue was in 29 oktober 1959 , its 2015 and now its sexist ??

if you that type of person thats gets ButtHurt over a child comic cartoon plz just lock yourself in a dark room and eat cockroaches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    i was reading these books and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for them to enjoy.

Your account should be banned for posting idiotic crap.

i was reading Norwegian Sagas and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for Vikings to enjoy.

Am I doing this right? :/

I don't want to be alive anymore...

OP is clearly trolling. I've never fapped on an Asterix, ever. Storm(NSFW) however.

Deleted
    Trolling on a new account... Shame on you.

Deleted
    my cock is sexist. I think it needs censoring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post

It is also racist (look at the cartoons of the Numidians, they look like 1930's KKK caricatures).

But then look at the Gauls and you see they are all drunken, overweight lazy stupid slobs. Goscinny and Uderzo are equal opportunities bigots, they take the piss out of everything.

Et tu, Asterix?

/XXX litteris
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at OP's profile....joined this month, 2 posts, very inflammatory posts meant to cause strife. You do the math.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is sexist if you try hard enough.