Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Everything is sexist if you try hard enough.
    Are you being sexist right now? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Nice bait 2 posts

Try harder next time

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people even try to troll anymore?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Do people even try to troll anymore?
    Not hard enough. It's a dying art, I think.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    i was reading these books and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for them to enjoy.

does anyone else think this is true that its sexist?
    Nah thats just modern witch-hunt. Media is geared towards target audience. There is absolutely no need for "representation" in every story, if there is lack of it, create your own content.
    Its absurd, like whining about not enough white people in anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Are you being sexist right now? :P
    Stop molesting me! Sexist pig!

Stop molesting me! Sexist pig!
    Sex boar, please... you sexist woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    i was reading these books and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for them to enjoy.

2 posts

thisisbait.jpg

/30 chars

Deleted
    ... if someone is an asshole I'm gonna call him/her that. If a woman is hot I'm gonna compliment her, life is too short and I don't live in equilibrium.

Oh and every woman wants to hear if she's hot, especially when she gets older and everyone ignores her for younger women.

Man i read all the volums when i was a kid, right in the childhood mmo champion! though maybe you got a point, i mean there was this one issue "asterix and the secret weapon" there is so much trigger in that one comic like.

Uncle Dolan maths.

Who cares past is past and i frwaking love the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    i was reading Norwegian Sagas and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for Vikings to enjoy.

Am I doing this right? :/
    Dude. Gunnar's Daughter begs to differ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    Man i read all the volums when i was a kid, right in the childhood mmo champion! though maybe you got a point, i mean there was this one issue "asterix and the secret weapon" there is so much trigger in that one comic like.

wasnt that the one were they made a sort of protest comic against japanese manga?,if I recall I never seen that comic because the picture you show is from the comic The Rose and the sword.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2015-09-22 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you Shinra in disguise by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    wasnt that the one were they made a sort of protest comic against japanese manga?,if I recall I never seen that comic because the picture you show is from the comic The Rose and the sword.
    I think that was a special edition with a lot of small comics or something they released when Asterix had some kind of anniversary.

Deleted
    Thats like saying 'Tintin in Africa' is racist! Or that 'Tintin in the land of the Sovjets' was Russiophobe, you should read that one if you get the chance, it gives you a good insight in the early Cold War days.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-09-22 at 01:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

I think that was a special edition with a lot of small comics or something they released when Asterix had some kind of anniversary.
    Yea it was this picture was made for the article here is a ruff translation.

The upcoming market for Manga in the western world doesnt seem to liked by every one.
    Asterix author and Artist Albert Uderzo was apparently so nervous for the "eastern invasion" that he dedicated a new album "The Secret Weapon" to this in the story a yellow grasshopper man named Nagma tries to steal the magic potion of the Gauls.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Thats like saying 'Tintin in Africa' is racist! Or that 'Tintin in the land of the Sovjets' was Russiophobe, you should read that one if you get the chance, it gives you a good insight in the early Cold War days.
    But isnt that comic just a product of its time?,not saying I defend it but it was remade with more tasteful pictures later.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2015-09-22 at 01:52 PM.

Yes it is. So what?.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Thats like saying 'Tintin in Africa' is racist! Or that 'Tintin in the land of the Sovjets' was Russiophobe
    Indeed. And deeply so.
    It is trivial knowledge: kids do figure these bias out better than adults do. I know I wondered why on earth elephants spoke better French than the Congolese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    i was reading Norwegian Sagas and it came to me just how sexist they are. the women in them never get to be heroes they are just there for Vikings to enjoy.

Am I doing this right? :/
    No, because factually speaking, the women in our sagas often kicked as much arse as the men did :P

On topic: No, they're not. It is a comic specifically about the (mis)adventures of two-three guys, and as such those two-three guys get the spotlight.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    When I opened this thread, I expected bait. Sadly, I got low quality bait instead.

Sorry m8, 2/10 would not rage