Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tank Abbott offers Rhonda Rousey a fight, gets called a "woman beater"

So this is pretty interesting.

UFC fighter "Tank" Abbott joked on a podcast that he would fight Ronda, and if she wins she will get $100,000 of his personal money. If he wins, she'd have to make him a sandwich.

Some of his comments were sexist, though not really what this topic is about, with him saying:

[Rousey] is a girl. It’s all about this emotional stuff.

I will fight any woman on this Earth for free. I will!

I won’t even train. If I win, which is going to happen – and you’re going to get bashed up good – you have to make me a sandwich. If you win, I’ll give you $100,000.
    Cue the outrage. Not over the fact that he said "girls are emotional", or the sandwich comment, no.

The outrage is over the fact that he is offering a professional female fighter a chance to fight him. All over social media he's being called "woman beater", "fat faggot", being told to pick on a man instead of a woman. The same woman whose fans have been claiming she can beat various men, with Ronda herself taking shots at Floyd Mayweather, among others, in public to applause. Her fans often say things like:

You 100% don't understand how strong Rousey is, most of her fights nowadays don't even hit 1 minute because her opponent is already knocked out. She could beat most male MMA fighters

Not debating whether or not that is true, but I find it very curious that people are baying for Ronda to take on the best male fighters and thinking she will destroy them, but as soon as one (and not even a really great one) actually says he would fight her they're either making accusations that he hits women (because y'know Ronda is not actually a powerful, professional, woman fighter, she's a hapless little girl now), or that it's unfair because of X reason - usually weight - or that he's "threatening women".

What do you think? Again, this isn't about the sexist remarks (which they obviously were), or an actual debate about who would win (I don't know that). It's about the reaction when a man runs his mouth at Ronda, vs the general approval when Ronda runs her mouth about other male professional fighters. I just find it interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/Tank-Abbott...7629/timeline/

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/ufc...-can-beat-him/

Edit: Apparently I spelled her name wrong, can't correct the title so *shrug*.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-09-23 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    This is fun - Didn't she decline a fight against a transsexual woman?
    Whatever, I'm closer to beating her than she is to that guy.
    Size, strength, and stamina beats any possible level of skill difference they may have.
    This of course goes against the general rejection of sexual dimorphism that decides these things.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Size, strength, and stamina beats any possible level of skill difference they may have.
    i disagree, not knowing what to do or unable to do anything with your size, strength and stamina is not a combination that has a high chance of winning

which is why man, lesser of stature, strength and stamina then some animals, remains at the top of the food chain
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2015-09-23 at 01:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it's dumb. It's great that people enjoy professional women's sports for what they are, but they shouldn't be under some illusion that things that rely on strength will ever be a level playing field. She taunted some male fighters, and now one is offering to take her up on it and even reward her if she wins.

This isn't against her, I don't know what she has/will respond, but people need to stop being such babies about having their illusions challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    i disagree, not knowing what to do or unable to do anything with your size, strength and stamina is not a combination that has a high chance of winning

which is why man, lesser of stature, strength and stamina then some animals, remains at the top of the food chain
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-filed-charges

"Listen, this is a true story. [Ronda] got into a street fight with two huge guys in a movie theatre. She hurt them both so bad they went to the police department and filed charges against her, when they’re the ones that started the fight with her. That was before she started fighting. That was when she was doing judo alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that she would do way better than many of us would assume, given the physical strength difference between the average man and average woman.

Deleted
    Equal rights and all. Im all for this.
    Part of equality is also losing the perks you have as a woman.
    You slap me, you get punched the fuck out.
    Or atleast that's how it should be.

So go at him Rhonda, and show us you can make as much money as men can.

That's stupid - he hasn't beaten her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Equal rights and all. Im all for this.
    Part of equality is also losing the perks you have as a woman.
    You slap me, you get punched the fuck out.
    Or at least that's how it should be.

So go at him Rhonda, and show us you can make as much money as men can.
    ow, why be more forceful, just slap back! =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them fight!

She has challenged tons of people, let the fights begin!

Also, is there a link to the "outrage"? All I see is one comment from a guy on facebook.

Deleted
    earlier today I had this awesome conversation with myself

I pretended I was some awesome MMA fighter and people asked me to fight her but I'd be like 'Nah people would hate me if I won cuz I ruined their image of the super woman'.

weird huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    This is fun - Didn't she decline a fight against a transsexual woman?
    Whatever, I'm closer to beating her than she is to that guy.
    This of course goes against the general rejection of sexual dimorphism that decides these things.
    I dunno, Royce beat multiple people who outweighed him by 100 pounds back in the early UFCs. That said, it wasn't easy for him and he outskilled those people by a large amount. I think Ronda has a shot at beating Tank, but it's by no means guaranteed. I doubt she has trained to beat people who outweigh her and out muscle her by that much, whereas Royce definitely did.

Deleted
    fuck this shit - so triggered by this right now.

He's an old dude.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post

I said They may have -
    Gah why 30 chars now...

10+ Year Old Account
    She talks mad shit and says she can beat any guy.

Let her try.

Although I seriously doubt she could beat Abbot. The dudes a beast.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's an old dude.
    He's an old dude, but he's roughly double her weight. She's be nuts to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of Dr Kelso (Scrubs)

".......Who are you?"

Seriously no idea who any of those guys/girls/hamsters are...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why do men keep trying to bring her down a few pegs? She's an amazing fighter and she doesn't have to prove her worth by fighting a man.
    she said she could beat any man, didn't she?

prove it