Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Syracuse University pulls 'kiss cam' after women face forced affection

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/23.../?intcmp=hppop

Syracuse University is considering kissing its kiss cam goodbye after a fan suggested it sends the wrong message at a time when colleges are fighting against campus sexual violence.

A regular feature at sports venues, the kiss cam frames unsuspecting couples in a heart on the Jumbotron while the game crowd cheers for them to kiss. Hearts melted when cancer-stricken former President Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn obliged during an Atlanta Braves game last week.

But Steve Port of Manlius said what he saw during the Sept. 12 football game between Syracuse University and Wake Forest constituted unacceptable behavior, and maybe even assault, as men forcibly kissed women who were clearly saying no.

In one of two examples, he said a woman's head shake was met with "no less than six sets of hands from the seats around her shov(ing) her unwilling face into his." The crowd cheered, he wrote in a letter to the editor, which generated hundreds of comments on Syracuse.com, both agreeing and disagreeing with him.

"Honestly, I wasn't out to kill the kiss cam," Port said by phone Tuesday. "I was just out to raise an important issue that I saw happening and that's important to me. I've always kind of been a little put off by it anyway, but never witnessed an actual act of — oh, my God, this woman is saying no and it didn't matter."
    Rightly so. Women don't deserve any more trouble.

Deleted
    Takes one hardcore rapist to forcefully kiss a girl in a full stadium.
    Maybe we are blowing this all out of proportion? *popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    It was everyone else around them that pushed them together, according to the article.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It was everyone else around them that pushed them together, according to the article.
    So many rapists...
    /30charsucksdick

So many rapists...
    /30charsucksdick
    My mistake the article said it was just her head being pushed into his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read blurb in the OP

didnt see word rape or rapist

saw that goal was not to remove kiss cams

looks like over reaction

still kinda shitty that people are forced into something because of a screen.

So many rapists...
    /30charsucksdick
    How good at it is 30char?

But seriously, this needs to be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Why should we just stand by and let this happen?

Article is full of shit, the fan is full of shit, people that agree with it are full of shit. Why? Because how is there any more pressure on the female to kiss than there is the male? The college removing it for this reason just sends the message that all males are over sexual rape fiends.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

After "women" face forced affection...

Yup, Men are completely irrelevant into being 'pressured' into 'forced affection' too.

That being said, I can see where they're coming at with the mentioned woman with the 6 hands shoving her into the kiss...

15+ Year Old Account
    No problem with the kiss cam, but obviously tons of people forcing people to kiss is a problem

And thanks Tennisace, I didn't realize all men were up for kissing any woman so this problem only affected one gender <.<

How could they be "forced" into anything when women are just as strong as men. Stop being a misogynistic pig OP, it's 2015

because we all know how much men enjoy kissing.
    i think these articles should be considered sexist against men and censored/banned too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    After "women" face forced affection...

Yup, Men are completely irrelevant into being 'pressured' into 'forced affection' too.

That being said, I can see where they're coming at with the mentioned woman with the 6 hands shoving her into the kiss...
    Nobody gives a damn about men on this forum, we are or should be the strong sex with no feelings or thoughts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    To me, it's just a kiss and I would do it, so long as the dude didn't look like he was sickly.
    Desperate much? xD
    /30charsucksdick

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I agree with their decision to take it down. It's, like, the ultimate peer pressure to do something you don't wanna do. I mean, it's an entire stadium cheering you on to do it.
    To me, it's just a kiss and I would do it, so long as the dude didn't look like he was sickly. But to others it can be more of a big deal and it shouldn't be taken so lightly with everyone.
    Americans dont take anything lightly anymore, everything that could be considered sexual is sexual harassment, the word harassment sounds too much like "her ass" and has to be consciously altered in speech or your suddenly a sexist monster. these are two of seventy trillion examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    No problem with the kiss cam, but obviously tons of people forcing people to kiss is a problem

And thanks Tennisace, I didn't realize all men were up for kissing any woman so this problem only affected one gender <.<
    I read the article and I only saw evidence of it affecting women and in fact that is what caused the kiss cam to be taken down.

I don't get how an article that's using examples, with said examples just happening to be women, is an attack on men. Should he have made up a male example so it's equal? o_O

Dude had two examples of unwilling women. None of men, in this case, though I'm positive they exist in the world.. but examples are an attack on men.

/boggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think kissing is disgusting and unsanitary but I dont see any reason to ban it. 99% of the time they are actual couples and Im sure the one that had to bitch and sue over it were probably a couple too that were just too embarrassed to be on camera. People are such babies

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically she cant speak for a man.