New build + current build issue.

Hello all,

I've decided its time for an upgrade due to all the TDR and bluescreen issues i've been getting. Mainly in DX11 games. Trust me i've researched and tried everything i can think of for over a year, sometimes it won't do it for a month then it comes back with vengence. Things i've tried...

1. Setting the TDR to 8 in reg.
    2. Downgrading drivers and upgrading.
    3. Checking for IRQ conflicts.
    4. Increasing the voltage and lowing the clock.
    5. Cleaning the GPU.
    6. Checking the temps.
    7. Checking for driver conflicts.

CURRENT BUILD

SUGGESTED NEW BUILD

My budget is around £1200 and i preferably want to stick with Nvida and Intel, let me know what you think as i value your advice.

Deleted
    To start with, what the purpose of the pc? Is it just gaming, maybe some streaming too? If only that an i5 is more than enough. Would suggest skylake, if you wanna stay haswell then no reason to not keep your ram and save money. If you however doing video rendering or other pro work at the same time you might need the i7 either 1150,1151 or even X99. Also what is your current pc case?

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    To start with, what the purpose of the pc? Is it just gaming, maybe some streaming too? If only that an i5 is more than enough. Would suggest skylake, if you wanna stay haswell then no reason to not keep your ram and save money. If you however doing video rendering or other pro work at the same time you might need the i7 either 1150,1151 or even X99. Also what is your current pc case?
    The current case is a "cooler master CM690 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case" as shown in the image.

The computer is for High end gaming (not that intrested in 4k though) and coding. I also want it to be faily future proof (DX12, DDR4 Ram etc)

For DDR4 you need x99 or skylake. DX12 is windows 10 so most systems. This is an "entry level" x99 build
    You'll be able to swap things out if your needs require it but it may be overkill for what you want it for at the moment. You could quite easily use your current case if you wanted to to save money. The below runs at 486w so it's a bit close to the wall and doesn't leave room for any sli but this fits the budget just about.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rzxdhM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor (£299.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£79.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (£169.92 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£79.01 @ More Computers)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (£516.96 @ More Computers)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (£57.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£57.12 @ CCL Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£9.38 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £1270.30
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-24 12:11 BST+0100
    Sental of Darkspear EU PC: i5 4460, Gigabyte z97p-d3, xfx/sappire r9 270 xfire, 1TB WD blue, Corsiar 540 Air, Corsair RM850, Corsair K30, Razer Naga 2014, 2 1080p monitors at 1440p(AMD VSR)

Deleted
    I'd simply grab an i7 which is more than enough for what you need, an i5 will be the same in gaming. X99 is in no way needed and you would have to overclock the cpu to match the 1151one, again for gaming. Plus its haswel, you could say its a gen back although there isn't skylake-E out yet (theoretically Q3 2016).

With regards to the gpu i don't see the reason to upgrade really. Its not worth the money. Worst game benchmark i've seen, in witcher 3, while 980ti caps all games above 60fps in 1440p, the 780ti does 30-35. In all other games its between 50-60fps. 1080p isn't even considered here cause you will have stupid fps anyway.

You can grab a new case and psu, if old, and leave old pc almost intact and make it a storage server, place a mid range gpu for a family member something. Or don't and just save the money.

With all those in mind:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£299.96 @ More Computers)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£47.99 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£113.54 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£77.31 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case (£94.98 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£71.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £705.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-24 13:56 BST+0100

Thanks Both,

In regards to the GPU i 100% want it replaced as i think my current one is the cause of my TDR issues. I've done everything software wise to resolve the issue. The card can still be used might give it to my wife shes plays the odd game but nothing too heavy. (The Movies, Age of Empires etc)

Again thank you.