Poll: Which Assassin's Creed is your favorite?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that I dont think black flag is good, but the actual Assassin parts blew. Most of the missions were those tail gate ones and it was obvious you had a pre set path (an issue I never had in the other games). Also since I read up on Haytems story in AC 3..... I knew exactly how AC4 was supposed to end.

I found 3 to be pretty dry, but good. Just good, nothing special

Revelations is the worst in my opinion. The villains were boring, I mean we just had the Borgia, and then.... some guy and this awesome dude Shakulu who we never learn much about. Sure Ezio was good in it, but everyone else kinda sucked, except for maybe yusuf

I give AC1 the pass since it was the first game and was much more limited in what it could do. Its not comparable. AC2 clearly had a budget compared to AC1

I have yet to play unity or rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to add

Brotherhood had the best side missions. They were entertaining, had good stories, unlocked nice things, and I enjoyed doing them. Biggest improvement over 2 since 2 had shitty side stuff, and I like side quests and missions in games, which is just a personal taste. 3 was ok with them, but eeeehhhhhhh not as interesting. 4 was alright
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-09-25 at 02:08 AM.

I don't even remember who the bad guy was in Revelations.

But Ezio's ending made it worth it. Constantinople was also pretty well done and I liked the hookblade which made climbing way faster.

I Personally liked Brotherhood the best because of the story combined with the multiplayer. I disliked Unity to the point that so far it's the only assassins creed game that I played that I never completed. Really bad game imo.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Black Flag really made it feel like an adventure and like you were conquering a world. In almost any other open world game you just roam around doing stuff.

Of course the vocal people usually complain that Black Flag is a pirate game and shouldn't even have the title "Assassin's Creed" but it was awesome as a game. The Assassin part was downplayed a tiny bit.

Have only played the first 6 (AC1 through AC4), but my favorite overall had to be AC4. Story was okay compared to the Ezio trilogy, but it was otherwise quite refreshing...naval combat was just plain awesome, I wouldn't mind it being expanded upon even further. Second place would have to go to AC2 closely followed by Brotherhood, both of which made huge improvements over the previous title. I'll likely replay all three of those at some point, the rest of them..eh. Revelations and AC3 both took a step in the wrong direction, IMO, even though I didn't dislike AC3 as much as most people did. And the first was quite frustrating and clunky as far as in-game mechanics go.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Every comp is bad for Unity. It's garbage.
    Unity is actually probably the best optimized AC game on PC. I resold the PS4 version on release date, got PC version much later which I can pretty much play at a locked 60 fps. It was built for PCs, the only AC game to release on the same day as consoles on PC and ran very well at it's targeted hardware range AND is still one of the most visually stunning games you can play on PC.

It's the console versions of Unity which where trash with bad coding in a cpu bound game(on the terrible cpus in consoles no less lol) leading to the game barely ever even hitting 30 fps let alone being 30 fps.

Performance wise only, not referring to quality of game when it came to glitches or fun factor.

My favorite AC is 2, because it was great before Ubisoft rehashed that open world model into oblivion in AC/Watch Dogs/Farcry. Enjoyed the whole Ezio trilogy, enjoyed AC4. Not a fan of AC1 or 3, and Unity I am lukewarm on because it did a lot of things well but was rushed and also did a lot of things poorly. Yet to play Rogue because I'm not playing the crappy PS3 version and the PC version has yet to be cheap enough for me to bite.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-09-25 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC the original was the only one I liked. After playing the second one, I wanted to kill myself throughout the entire play through and after beating it, vowed to never play another AC game again.

The AC series is just horrible. It's like GTA where you just mindlessly follow the dot and complete the same boring objective while sitting through 2 hour cutscenes filled with horrible storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Most people hate AC3 because of the protagonist and story, but the main thing I love about AC games is the beautiful open-world environments.
    Exactly what makes AC3 one of my personal favorite as well. I first thought the world was going to be small and underwhelming so I was completely blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Should of listed Liberation instead of Syndicate, if you ran out of spots on the poll.
    I know the game isn't out yet but I thought I should include it in the list in case someone wants to pick it as their favorite based on what they know (and have seen) of the game so far. Also, it's a part of the main series as where Liberation is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unity obviously! Does gamebreaking glitches and that framerate drop, mm mm mmmh!

Seriously tho, Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Brotherhood improved on basically everything from 2, which is another favorite of mine. So I must say brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I know the game isn't out yet but I thought I should include it in the list in case someone wants to pick it as their favorite based on what they know (and have seen) of the game so far. Also, it's a part of the main series as where Liberation is not.
    Liberation is as part of the main series as Rogue is and you listed that.(It actually ties in heavily to AC3, much like Rogue ties into Unity)

Syndicate actually looks really good, and I have a bit of faith in it but c'mon no one is going to pick a game they haven't played as their favorite in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Liberation is as part of the main series as Rogue is and you listed that.(It actually ties in heavily to AC3, much like Rogue ties into Unity)
    I agree. There is a mission in Liberation where you assault a fort with Connor (and can play as Connor) and there is also the Aveline DLC in Black Flag. All the AC games are connected and a part of the same timeline.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2015-09-25 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Syndicate actually looks really good, and I have a bit of faith in it but c'mon no one is going to pick a game they haven't played as their favorite in the series.
    I've played neither Rogue nor Liberation so I wouldn't know. I was just going by the list on Wikipedia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking into account all factors: Story, game play, protagonist, replayability, etc, I rank them like this:

1- AC4: Black Flag While it's true that Edward wasn't even an Assassin until the game was almost over, so it really was mostly about his being a pirate, the story was still very fulfilling. The game play was very tight and smooth (if ridiculously easy), even the ship battles and underwater missions. The modern day story was a bit frustrating with the whole first person thing, but otherwise, very enjoyable. Edward himself was fun and brash. Ezio may be my favorite assassin, but Edward is a very close second. The rest of the cast of characters - historical and otherwsie - were fantastic. The only other nit to pick was that the main antagonist, Governor Torres, was... meh. Then again, was he truly the main antagonist? "Black Bart" Roberts, aka the Sage should have been it. Far more interesting, and had enough charisma to be fun. But what ultimately puts this game over the top for number 1 (the top 3 are very, very close) is the setting and atmosphere. It's GORGEOUS. I never tire of sight seeing or travelling. And the atmosphere hits all the right chords.

2a - AC: Brotherhood. Gets the slight nod over AC2 due to a few things. Ezio being more mature and coming into his own as Mentor. The ante is upped with the Borgias being at their peak strength. More variety in side missions. And even the modern day story was great with a big WTF ending.

2b - AC2. The birth of the best assassin in the franchise, Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Game play was vastly improved over the first game. The Italian setting, as well as a better focused "historical fiction" story set the bar for games to come. It's not a perfect game, but for its time, it came very close. I don't really need to sing it's praises, as they're pretty much universally agreed upon.

4 - This one surprises me, but AC3. Yes, Connor was hard to like. He was dour, quick to anger at odd times. Almost too stoic at others. They had a hard time getting the tone of his character right. And a rather bland voice actor didn't help matters. But some of the other characters made up for it. How can one not love Achilles? Or Haytham for that matter? The whole Homestead idea was a nice change of pace. It truly felt like a growing home and/or family. The wilderness was great.

But AC3 had it's problems. The first was that it came after RDR, and the wilderness and hunting aspect fell far short of RDR's masterpiece. They tried to Forrest Gump Connor through the Revolution, and it felt forced and rushed. We were led to believe we'd be fighting in some famous battles, but that never really happened. The battles were just settings with no real interactivity. And how do you miss the opportunity to tie the Assassin-Templar conflict in with our Founding Father's involvement with the Masonic Order? Still a far better game than it got credit for in retrospect.

5- AC: Revelations. Gave us a wrap up to Ezio's story. Had a few fun missions. But it felt like a slapdash, hurried game put out there just to bide time until another chapter could be made. Constantinople was gorgeous. But it was very hard to care about the story. The Tower defense mini-games were just... boring and tedious. It was good, however, to relive some key moments in Altair's life.

6- Assassin's Creed. The game that started it all. It was pretty ground breaking at the time. But it was repetitive to the point of tears. I'll even add the heresy that - for this one game at least - Altair wasn't that interesting. What was going on around him was what drove the story. It could have been anyone. I still played it through to the end no less than 6 or 7 times, so despite it's faults, it was still fun.

I never played Rogue. I had already moved on to next gen when it came out. I have watched a few missions and story clips to get a feel for it. It looked like a DLC based on AC3's engine - not even Black Flag. But the game play looked fun. I can't rank it. But suffice it to say it would be somewhere in the shuffle between 4 and 7 by default. Because in dead last place is...

Last place - AC:Unity. My God, did this game suck! And the biggest sin of all was that it had ENORMOUS potential, and then failed utterly to deliver even one iota of it. Arno was such a thin, failed, dismal attempt at being the new Ezio, it was sickening. The story failed to connect to the history. I wanted to care. I didn't. While some of the new mechanics were great, it felt very clunky at times. Bugs, bugs, bugs. An enormous map, absolutely cluttered with too MANY things to do (more, more, more isn't always better). A disgusting requirement to use a mobile app that didn't even work the first week or 2 the game came out. We finally get co-op missions, and they have absolutely no bearing on the story. No modern day story. No advancement to the mythology. Ugh. Just... ugh.

It was the first AC game I ever beat, and then immediately traded in. I ALWAYS play AC games multiple times. Not this one. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

But... the graphics were gorgeous. There were some very good new mechanics added (if a tad unrefined).

That said, if Assassin's Creed could be looked at as a "tech demo" that blossomed into the Ezio Trilogy as well as AC3 and Black Flag, perhaps Unity will serve as the next gen "tech demo" that will allow for much more fun and exciting games in the future. Or at least I hope so.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2015-09-26 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 followed by brotherhood and revelations.

Got 4 with a gpu bundle, but else I wouldn't have touched the game after 3, haven't played unity, liberation or rogue, and do not plan to.

Black Flag was amazing. The naval combat, pirating was fun as hell, the Caribbean setting was beautiful with the tropical waters and lush jungles, and I loved that Edward wasn't driven by something as cliche as revenge or restoring his honor; he was just a greedy bastard looking to get rich, but at the same time he wasn't completely amoral.