15+ Year Old Account

Crafted items: Which slots?

Starting to play my WL again (~685 ilvl). Anyone remember which slots were the most useful to craft?
    Maybe you can recall what you've crafted at the start of HFC progress.

Depends on your gear. In general just use it for slots that would be the largest upgrade for you.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Usually, it depends on what level you're playing at. If you are doing Heroics only crafted is a good idea, everything gets overshadowed in Mythic.

Most people tend to craft Neck, Ring, Wrist, or Belt. Some craft a weapon, cloak, or boots. Very few craft trinkets.

If you're a warrior tank/paladin tank/holy paladin/restoration shaman or any class that can use a shield, you can craft a shield that does not count against your 3pc limit, so you could effectively craft 4 pieces and wear them too.

It really depends on your class, my pally tank rolls with Neck, Ring, and Wrist crafted. Tier 4pc, and other drops from bosses. Until mythic and all my gear is heroic these are BIS for me.

Edit: Realized this was in the warlock thread. So my shield comment is useless, but i'll leave it in case others take a look. I would take a look at AMR and try fiddling with the drops, for me to find the BIS crafted, removing Mythic HFC off the list allowed it to populate with the most promising crafted items vs droppable gear until mythic.
    Last edited by Axerax; 2015-09-25 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Should have looked harder ;D

The answer is going to be different for everyone. It depends what you have (especially your tier armor), what bosses your raid can kill easily (meaning you are more likely to get drops), etc.

pretty difficult to say without an armory link, but weapons / trinkets are a safe bet.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    pretty difficult to say without an armory link, but weapons / trinkets are a safe bet.
    Yeah for a player with a lower item level like yourself I'll echo what Atroxe is saying here. In terms of pure power gain weapons and trinkets will be your #1 bet.

However, if you're going for long term crafted gear which you likely won't replace (until Mythic) there are a ton of factors. How many bosses can/will you kill each week, what difficulty you're on, etc.

The things I crafted at the start of HFC were: Bracers, ring and cloak. I replaced cloak and bracers so I'm now using crafted boots and ring. My lock is ilvl 723 now so the crafted pieces have done me well this tier but what is going to be best for you specifically depends on a bunch of different factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The things I crafted at the start of HFC were: Bracers, ring and cloak. I replaced cloak and bracers so I'm now using crafted boots and ring. My lock is ilvl 723 now so the crafted pieces have done me well this tier but what is going to be best for you specifically depends on a bunch of different factors.
    The boots are a good option, since the BiS ones drop from trash. Although the mythic ones are surprisingly cheap on my server at ~15k. But we were lucky and got four pairs in one night from the postmaster

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    The boots are a good option, since the BiS ones drop from trash. Although the mythic ones are surprisingly cheap on my server at ~15k. But we were lucky and got four pairs in one night from the postmaster
    Heroic ones were like, 22k at the lowest on mine. Brb gonna transfer to your server real quick..
    Edit: Oh look, heroic ones are now 17k!
    Last edited by kneeo; 2015-09-25 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    We have yet to see Mythic ones and the only ones I have seen on the server for sale were 75k (which never sold and then never went back on AH lol). Also, I'd kill for 4 pairs from the postmaster.

Desiccated Soulripper Slippers are a great way to make money on my server. No one is on Mythic yet so the Heroic ones sell high. I can sell them for just under what the 715 crafted go for.

for aff i went with neck and shoulders. nothing better than the crafted shoulders till h arch.

Deleted
    For Affliction you go for Neck Back and bracers simply cause all other slots ( besides rings ) can have Haste and Mastery ...
    This is a example of my friends Warlock

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Slitz/advanced

Haste and Mastery are by far better than the other stats thats why its just simply better

Also if you plan to play Destruction, the trinket is good. You'll only replace it if you get Mythic GSR either from raiding BRF or though a cache.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got a socketed sword off of kormrock so I opted to get an offhand made, and have had a ring so that I didn't have to worry about that slot until mythic. Other than that it's more up to your guild. Crafting 715 master pants may not be a bad idea to avoid the heroic offpieces not having it.