Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Getting Anxiety issues about Warlocks and Legion

So I've been doing some hard thinking about how the discussed changes to demonology is giving me some anxiety issues. No offence to the Demon Hunters but taking away Metamorphosis from us sucks. Its within the lore that various NPC Warlocks infuse themselves with so much fel energy that they become part demon.

Now I know that not everyone enjoyed the WoD Demonology spec but for me I fell back in love with the class during MoP after having shelved it long time ago and I can't help but feel that if the new Demonology spec is anything like how Affliction plays now I'm pretty sure I'll just roll mage and call it a day. I know nothing is set in stone but to honest I really enjoyed the high skill cap Demonology had compared to other specs in the game.

Does anyone else feel like this?
    Last edited by PhilUK; 2015-09-25 at 11:06 PM.

Given their overall direction, I wouldn't count on mages being more complicated. IMO way to early to panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all everyone is talking about Meta being taken away as if it's done deal... we don't even know that yet.

I feel like people need to chill out and wait to see what the changes ACTUALLY are instead of making up shit and confusing everyone.

I, for one, am very happy with Demonology change, because it got to the point where by trying to do everything in one spec - Meta turned from being "I'm gonna pwn now" mode into "My spells are not going to suck as hard as they do in caster form".

Demo ended up having Enhancement Shaman syndrome - where you have a ton of damage sources, each one of which did ridiculously low damage by itself, simply because pet/demonbolt/cataclysm and so on which ended up making our base spells almost comically bad, like Shadow Bolt being 2.5 sec cast with laughable damage or Soul Fire hitting like wet noodle, where initially both of those were fearsome spells that hit like a train.

I'd much rather have this spec focus on one thing - if it's Demons - then let us have kickass Demons that do real havoc, if it's nuking - then our nukes should be powerful. Trying to do everything together made Demo as a whole pretty meh.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-09-25 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    So I've been doing some hard thinking about how the discussed changes to demonology is giving me some anxiety issues. No offence to the Demon Hunters but taking away Metamorphosis from us sucks. Its within the lore and various NPC Warlocks infuse themselves so much fel energy that they become part demon.

Now I know that not everyone enjoyed the WoD Demonology spec but for me I feel back in love with a class during MoP after having shelved it long time ago and I can't help but feel that if the new Demonology spec is anything like how Affliction plays now I'm pretty sure I'll just roll mage and call it a day. I know nothing in is set in stone but to honest I really enjoyed the high skill cap Demonology had compared to other specs in the game.

Does anyone else feel like this?
    We'll just have to wait and see I guess, but rerolling may not even be the answer anyway; Mages and Shadow Priests which I'd considered for this expansion having not enjoyed the Warlock changes are not without their own issues. Things do need improving, and I just hope rather than the inelegant 'prune', and pasted on 100 abilities we got in WoD (and not just for Warlocks) is just addressed and tidied up generally.

For Demo specifically, I don't know if we'll lose Meta; I certainly hope not. I hope it keeps it, and is relatively central to the spec; perhaps even going so far as going back to being defined by being 'the cooldown spec' as it was in Wrath, prior to our getting Demon (Dark) Soul.

i just hope they dont make it worse as it is like SB:haunt + soulswap issue, Rain of fire + CR issue and 90 tier of talents in general...i dislike demonbolt but thats just me ...i wish they made AD baseline and focus the tier on mobility.
    Not anxious one bit tho, staying warlock

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    So I've been doing some hard thinking about how the discussed changes to demonology is giving me some anxiety issues.
    Is that a figure of speech or do you actually mean it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get the straight. You are having anxieties over things that have been barely discussed to any great extend about spells that may or may not end up being taken away. Sorry, but what little Blizzard gave out at GameCon is hardly enough information to draw conclusions on what type or types of spell they might be replacing Meta with to compensate for not having it. I believe you are putting the cart before the horse here. I would assume that they will be giving more information at Blizzcon, just a guess. Maybe it would be better to wait to find out what is planned before jumping the gun and getting all bent out of shape over a spell for a spec from any class, let alone Warlock.

Even Blizzcon and there after will give plenty of time before even beta drops to give opinions on spells and the like. We know very little right now and of what we do know it not actually carved in any stone either. Changes can and will be made, WoD should of more than proved that to very one. If they are willing to scrap half the content that was planned for Draenor, then they are capable of changing their minds again on various class spells and mechanics. OP you need to take a deep breath and breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Rush View Post
    Let me get the straight. You are having anxieties over things that have been barely discussed to any great extend about spells that may or may not end up being taken away. Sorry, but what little Blizzard gave out at GameCon is hardly enough information to draw conclusions on what type or types of spell they might be replacing Meta with to compensate for not having it. I believe you are putting the cart before the horse here. I would assume that they will be giving more information at Blizzcon, just a guess. Maybe it would be better to wait to find out what is planned before jumping the gun and getting all bent out of shape over a spell for a spec from any class, let alone Warlock.

Even Blizzcon and there after will give plenty of time before even beta drops to give opinions on spells and the like. We know very little right now and of what we do know it not actually carved in any stone either. Changes can and will be made, WoD should of more than proved that to very one. If they are willing to scrap half the content that was planned for Draenor, then they are capable of changing their minds again on various class spells and mechanics. OP you need to take a deep breath and breathe.
    This.

Huge waste of time to sit and worry about something we have so little info on.

The info we have is that Metamorphosis will be a Demon Hunter ability and that Blizz wants to shift Demonology focus away from our Metamorphosis; they also have said the names of specs may change. Lots of different conclusions can be drawn from this and yes, it's all speculation. I would say based on this info that Meta stance will be gone, or at the very least it will change significantly from its current iteration. It seems evident that Demonic Fury will also change since it shares the name of the Demon Hunter resource.

Personally I have a feeling Demonology will become something like Demon Mastery and our damage will become more focused on summoning demons. I would like to see Demonic Fury replaced by a resource similar to Death Knights, like "Demonic Power" which summons different forms of demons. Command Demon is already our pet command so I doubt we will see a "Kill Command" copy and paste from Beast Mastery Hunters, but if we could build and spend our spec resource on summoning extra pets to the battlefield that could be interesting.

It's impossible to draw detailed conclusions from the information we have but I would say Demonology will definitely see a major re haul, and it's very likely that will include considerable changes to Metamorphosis and Demonic Fury.

Not to be rude, buddy, but... anxiety over a videogame? That's worrisome...

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Personally I have a feeling Demonology will become something like Demon Mastery and our damage will become more focused on summoning demons. I would like to see Demonic Fury replaced by a resource similar to Death Knights, like "Demonic Power" which summons different forms of demons. Command Demon is already our pet command so I doubt we will see a "Kill Command" copy and paste from Beast Mastery Hunters, but if we could build and spend our spec resource on summoning extra pets to the battlefield that could be interesting.
    This is my hope as well. Never liked the metamorphosis. And it feels really weird for one of the original pet classes to not have any spec which focuses on pets.

just summoning pets and more pets sounds like boring gameplay...i hope they dont ***** it up =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    just summoning pets and more pets sounds like boring gameplay...i hope they dont ***** it up =/
    I can almost see this already:

Pre-Legion - OMG BLIZZARD! Summoner and minion master! Gief plx <3
    Post-Legion - WTF BLIZZ?? Summoner and minion master?? Who the fck was asking for this shit???

Will be hilarious.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's the usefulness of this thread anyway? enough discussion on the topic is happenning on the relevant expansion speculation thread. Plus, the word anxiety is so heavy in meaning, i smell a troll here (or at least someone whose priorities in life are so skewed needing professional help before it is too late).

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Is that a figure of speech or do you actually mean it?
    If he means it he should probably quit the game, if not he should really stop using the term since it really diminishes what is actually a huge problem for thousands of people all over the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a majority of the consensus wants the spec to be re-focused on summoning/maintaining demons, just allow Demo locks to have 2-3 pets out at any given time. Perhaps 2 just to toy around with. I would like to see Demo not "forced" to take Felguard/Wrathguard but give us incentive to make that our 1st demon. Then be able to choose whatever other pet you want.

THEN, re-design Imp Swarm.

I don't know how... but I think Imp Swarm has potention to be something awesome...

7+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks seem to be one of the most retooled classes. Also I might add that the other hero class, the Death Knight, has picked up some of the things that had made the Warlock unique at that time.

BC 2.0 Drain Tanking: type of playstyle that was popular in BC. You would mass DoT a bunch of targets, send out your Succy, and drain life 10 mobs to death, mana tapping where need be. Now kind of a short form summary of how DK's play, when DK's were created for Wrath in 3.0 (converting a rune to health or getting life off your victim).

Cata 4.0 Demonology/Metamorphosis Stance: IMHO kind of gimmicky, I hated it and always tried to roll any other spec that I could. Now stance probably to be taken away and going to be given to Demon Hunters in 7.0. LOL, even the leap is given away too.

I would say that nothing is constant here. Warlocks are always being retooled, I would say more than most classes. So anyway, I'm pretty sure some people are out there right now trying to decide what the feel of Warlock come 7.0 is going to be. It'll have to be on the theme of Warlock but it does feel like some of their toolkit are going to be in the Demon Hunter's toolkit from what I know.

I have a feeling the new Demo is going to be awesome, so I think at this point people are just making threads just because LOL I mean Blizzcon is soon so why not just hold your opinions with more info? I would rather have massive pets as demo than a meta form or maybe we keep it as a 3min cd? It will be hard to remove from us completely just from the fact Meta was apart of the warlock solo green fire quest line which was huge, so it would be weird to remove it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    I have a feeling the new Demo is going to be awesome, so I think at this point people are just making threads just because LOL I mean Blizzcon is soon so why not just hold your opinions with more info? I would rather have massive pets as demo than a meta form or maybe we keep it as a 3min cd? It will be hard to remove from us completely just from the fact Meta was apart of the warlock solo green fire quest line which was huge, so it would be weird to remove it after that.
    t18 4piece for demo had great promise to give us awesome demons...and what did we get? very weak and small demons that u dont even notice because the damage and the looks are pathetic to say the least...
    I do agree that removing meta after the whole Kanethrad thing would be odd...very

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    They've reworked Warlocks in several expansions. The only info they ever gave about those reworks during Blizzcon was the MoP rework. They gave us the names, not even the intended functionality of the resources each spec would use and moved on. What makes you think they'll suddenly give info at Blizzcon this time? We likely won't know anything until Beta.