Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    t18 4piece for demo had great promise to give us awesome demons...and what did we get? very weak and small demons that u dont even notice because the damage and the looks are pathetic to say the least...
    I do agree that removing meta after the whole Kanethrad thing would be odd...very
    I'd like to think about it as it was in beta before getting obviously fixed
    An endless stream of demons and malchezaar spawns yelling here and there while doing like 80% of your deeps
    120k+ sustained in ST

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    I'd like to think about it as it was in beta before getting obviously fixed
    An endless stream of demons and malchezaar spawns yelling here and there while doing like 80% of your deeps
    120k+ sustained in ST
    yeah, just not as overpowered :P

Deleted
    I´m more curious than anxious about the demonology changes. Though I havn´t been been playing warlock since throne of thunder properly due to rerolling for the benefit of the guild to tank I´m looking at making a comeback to warlock come legion. Demo was by far the most entertaining specc post MoP redesign due to aff and destro felt a lite stale to me in comparison. Really liked the whole kit it offered and how it come together nicely with every stat having diffrent priorities whit how much meta uptime you could achieve.

Regardless if demonology gets to keep meta or loose it I feel personally that warlock wouldn´t get any of the love demon hunters gets with the actual model, as I don´t see it likely that they make models for other races when they already decided to limit demon hunter to just elves. So if we end up keeping it I see alot of future complains on the model. I personally think we will lose meta and think it's not unlikely that demonic fury will be gone too.
    Don´t know yet if I will mourn that or not, not truly attached to warlock and meta as some on these forums but I know that I will not jump on the DH train just because they can be demons and it was not that about meta I liked, it was the gameplay around it. If said gameplay is captured in DH I might have a pop at doing one sometimes but its far from the bucketlist.

One thing I think though is that blizzard have become better over time in capturing engaging gameplay with just a few abilities (heroes of the storm as prime reference, new heroes feel alot more engaging than some of the olders and the same would be true for wow), monk and warlocks feel like they come together much better than other classes does as they are the newest ones kinda.
    And if they opt to do a whole new kit for demonology I belive that it could be fun and engaging (mop style of rework) rather to if they try to salvage demo to what it is now and just ripping meta out (wod style of rework). Currently the hunter at least seems to get a mop style of rework close to what warlock got.

I'd just like to say that I had no intention of giving the community the wrong idea about my intentions. I suppose that using "Anxiety" was a bad mistake. The real deal is that I've class hopped since Cata and just found a home and it makes me a little nervous about upcoming changes.

I don't expect we will see such a big difference between the spec like we did with WoD with demo being the best. If you want to be top dps I would suggest going mage or hunter because judging from the other patch changes they were untouched.

I'm the opposite. I'm glad the devs finally got their heads out of their ass and are now going to make demo what it should be and that isn't a glorified ranged spec like it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I'd just like to say that I had no intention of giving the community the wrong idea about my intentions. I suppose that using "Anxiety" was a bad mistake. The real deal is that I've class hopped since Cata and just found a home and it makes me a little nervous about upcoming changes.
    Sorry you actually liked the bad direction they took the spec into. Hopefully in a few months you'll get to try the changes out and maybe fall in love with it? If it doesn't work out then go play a mage if you don't like affliction or destruction. The new demo will be strong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole post is sorta cart before the horse is it not?
    I wouldn't worry, blizzcon is a little more than a month away, we'll see our fates soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not Blizzard just keep the abilities of Demon Form (SB turning into ToC, HoG into CW, etc) but instead of transforming into a demon you instead summon an exceptionally powerful demon for a short time (each time it's a new demon) with those abilities. Hell allow us to ride on the back of that said demon.

So one time you summon a dreadlord, next time a pit lord, etc...

CORNY BUT OH WELL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Why not Blizzard just keep the abilities of Demon Form (SB turning into ToC, HoG into CW, etc) but instead of transforming into a demon you instead summon an exceptionally powerful demon for a short time (each time it's a new demon) with those abilities. Hell allow us to ride on the back of that said demon.

So one time you summon a dreadlord, next time a pit lord, etc...

CORNY BUT OH WELL.
    Because Dark Transformation already exists as an Unholy DK spell and homogenisation is bad.

Deleted
    In hearthstone warlock got this Power Overwhelming card,

If demo truly are going to get a Dark Transformation/Kill command counter part I wonder if it would be possible to make a compelling gameplay that involves super charge your demon to have it perish afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluukat View Post
    In hearthstone warlock got this Power Overwhelming card,

If demo truly are going to get a Dark Transformation/Kill command counter part I wonder if it would be possible to make a compelling gameplay that involves super charge your demon to have it perish afterwards.
    I'm just glad players aren't designing it, with all these rip-offs of other class abilities being touted. I just hope Blizz have a little more imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    This is my hope as well. Never liked the metamorphosis. And it feels really weird for one of the original pet classes to not have any spec which focuses on pets.
    Yeah...this is how I feel...don't like the whole spec is centered around meta...I want to see demons matter for demonology again!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh demo locks will probably get the most thorough and best class changes given the shitstorm we've gone thru the last like... every expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Antimals View Post
    tbh demo locks will probably get the most thorough and best class changes given the shitstorm we've gone thru the last like... every expansion
    Agreed.

Also, Hearthstone card spells should be an example on what we can do.. Hearthstone spellcards are so much more exciting than our ingame spells.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Agreed.

Also, Hearthstone card spells should be an example on what we can do.. Hearthstone spellcards are so much more exciting than our ingame spells.
    Well, with the class trinket we practically have Implosion...

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Well, with the class trinket we practically have Implosion...
    Yeah, now we need our Doom to summon Mal'Ganis and Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion!!!!!!

But, it makes me really sad when I see someone complaining about Meta and wanting it to be removed. For me it's the reason why I created my warlock and it's pretty much what makes me LOVE Demonology. I would be really, really sad if it were remove.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm also having a bit of anxiety too...

I hope they talk a lot about Warlocks, specially Demonology, on Blizzcon!

We will probably still have meta but it will be a cd or trigged based on the number of demons out idk only person who knows is Zinnin who has played the new demo ;-;

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect to be disappointed now so if even one of the three specs isn't eviscerated and re-jigged to the point it's unrecognisable then I'll just roll with it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    why worry about something in the future when you have no control over it?
    just enjoy the present.
    if you think you are going to miss something that may be gone soon, then have fun with it everyday until such a time comes.

Metamorphosis isnt going to be gone, its just going to be available exclusively to another class which will make better, more extensive use of it.
    Take note that they said warlocks will not have meta, but that doesnt mean we wont have the functionality of it, which is increase in damage and new or morphed abilities. There are many ways they can keep that in effect.