Deleted

Mother calls police shooting of son in wheelchair 'unjust'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-del...4.html#89sT1BD

Personally I find it odd that the 911 call was for somebody shooting himself yet somebody in a wheelchair with a gun was there. Irrespective of any crime though (even though the article doesn't actually mention a crime commited) it seems ridiculous to multiply shoot somebody to death who wasn't running nor harming anybody. What's also contradicting is the police ordered him to drop the gun yet they shot him after going for his 'presumed' gun to drop it.

Cummings said officers approached McDole and told him to put the weapon down. As McDole was removing the gun from his waist, officers "engaged him."
    One simple fact could change the entire situation;

- did he do it slowly

- did he just do it quickly

Ill have to look at the video later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    One simple fact could change the entire situation;

- did he do it slowly

- did he just quickly
    The fact that that even has to play in account between killing and not killing is really fucking scary

- did he do it slowly
    Did he say in Omar voice "Oh, i'll move slow, but I ain't droppin' nothin'"
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The fact that that even has to play in account between killing and not killing is really fucking scary
    Of course it has to fucking come into play, He pulled a Gun out in the presence of Officers that had told him to put down the Weapon.

If I was ever a Police officer and someone started grabbing for a Gun you bet your ass I would not risk my own life waiting to see if they were just "messing" around.

1-2 to the chest.

The concept is not hard, for me at least. If someone is slow in their movement it shows they are complying and are attempting to show in body language that I do not intend to act out. While not always true, nothing is ever 100%, this is the general rule of thumb.

On the contrary if a cop says, "take that firearm out of your belt and put it on the ground" and I, like the superhero Flash, shoot my hand down there and draw it all in 1 second, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going to happen.

Then again, most of the people who seem to get shot in iffy situations don't seem all that bright to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Of course it has to fucking come into play, He pulled a Gun out in the presence of Officers that had told him to put down the Weapon.

If I was ever a Police officer and someone started grabbing for a Gun you bet your ass I would not risk my own life waiting to see if they were just "messing" around.

1-2 to the chest.
    How could he have pulled a gun out on them when they say they fired after he reached into his jeans? How does one put a gun down without first pulling it out?

Honestly he probably should have let the cops remove the gun from his waistband. I honestly don't know why the fact that he's in a wheelchair is important to this case. Are we supposed to have more feels for him because he was in a wheel chair?

How could he have pulled a gun out on them when they say they fired after he reached into his jeans? How does one put a gun down without first pulling it out?
    They very clearly yelled at him to show his hands, not to put his gun down. The one guy who took cover behind the car at the beginning of the video told him to drop his gun, but the video doesn't show if he had the gun in his hand or not.
    When the rest of the officers took position and the video shows him moving around in the chair they're clearly telling him to show his hands, and then he reached into his pants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Honestly he probably should have let the cops remove the gun from his waistband. I honestly don't know why the fact that he's in a wheelchair is important to this case. Are we supposed to have more feels for him because he was in a wheel chair?
    He would've probably then got shot for not complying to the request to drop said firearm (however there's debate he even had a firearm according to video)

10+ Year Old Account
    He would've probably then got shot for not complying to the request to drop said firearm (however there's debate he even had a firearm according to video)
    He had the gun, the debate was whether he was drawing it.

Did they shoot him earlier in the video? There was like one shot far earlier in the confrontation and then it seems like he was just writhing from that gunshot rather than reaching for anything since it was the same movements he had been doing the whole time.

Funny you mention that, as someone who regularly carries a firearm, I was instructed should a police officer wish to disarm me (lets say I'm just walking down the street as an example and he sees it for whatever reason).

1. "I do not consent, but I will not resist if you wish to disarm me"
    2. Let the officer remove the weapon from its holster, NEVER.... EVER remove it yourself. Even if you are instructed to do so, just keep your hands in the air and do not do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    They very clearly yelled at him to show his hands, not to put his gun down. The one guy who took cover behind the car at the beginning of the video told him to drop his gun, but the video doesn't show if he had the gun in his hand or not.
    When the rest of the officers took position and the video shows him moving around in the chair they're clearly telling him to show his hands, and then he reached into his pants.
    Personally I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to see somebody killed so am going by what the article says... Either way I feel a kill shot is overreaction regardless but that's my opinion

Personally I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to see somebody killed so am going by what the article says... Either way I feel a kill shot is overreaction regardless but that's my opinion
    I heard that some people think this might be a suicide by cop situation. I can't verify that, just what I've heard.

If that is the case however, not much a cop can do.

I heard that some people think this might be a suicide by cop situation. I can't verify that, just what I've heard.

The sad part is that if that is true then the cop haters will still use this to advance their agenda.

This is the video if anyone is interested.

In any case this story is weird. It says that the police got there because the guy called 911 after shooting himself (?). From the video it's pretty clear that something is very off about the guy (a normal reaction to a bunch of cops aiming weapons at you and yelling "show me your hands" is to put your hands up).

I can understand why they reacted as they did, considering what I see in the video, but as I said the video doesn't show him with a gun in the first place (which doesn't mean it's not there) or if the officers had better tools to deal with the situation.

Deleted
    The sad part is that if that is true then the cop haters will still use this to advance their agenda.
    Just to clarify I aren't a cop hater

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all - one of those shows compliance and the other is a threatening move that leaves little reaction time, even if the intent is to rapidly grab the weapon and drop it. There's a reason the police tell people to do things slowly - sudden actions are dangerous.

As a side note, I find suicide by cop to be such a deplorable way to kill yourself. There are so many options available to help you get over your issues and so many people that want to help, but if you do make that final choice to end your life you shouldn't put the action itself on someone who has to live with it for the rest of their life.

Most people don't want to kill or hurt other people, and that includes cops. Forcing their hands because you won't seek help is really unfair.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2015-09-25 at 04:24 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account

I didn't read the article, but now it seems like that is the case if he both shot himself and called the police on himself.

People seem to be doing that a lot these days (suicide by cop). A guy did that here in Cincinnati a few months ago and actually killed one of the officers that responded to his 911 call before he was shot by other police.

This seems to be a pretty clear case of suicide by cop. The man in the wheelchair looks very depressed and not worried about the officers at all. He never once acknowledges them, then begins making suspicious movements while being told to put his hands up.