Don't let people kiss your baby: A mum shares a shocking photo

Clare Henderson, from Doncaster, has shared a photograph of the shocking affliction her baby suffered after being kissed by a visitor after her birth.
    She claims that her newborn could have died after contracting oral herpes from the kiss.
    Many visitors came to see her after she gave birth, and one of them must have been a carrier of the herpes virus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ndom-kiss.html

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not well-versed in the traditions involving newborns, but isn't kissing... too much? I mean, I could be ok with holding the little hand of the baby, but aside from that...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people kiss a hand, or a forehead, Never the lips, Even I as a parent don't kiss my child on the lips, not once since he was born, But maybe that's just me...

Deleted
    Most people get infected with HSV-1 as a baby, it's very easy to catch as a child due to weakened immune system. The idea the child could have died from it is just laughable.

It's also pretty much completely harmless and affects 90% of the population.

If you're reading this post you almost certainly have oral herpes and you probably were infected as a baby.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-09-25 at 08:30 PM.

Who the F*** kisses a baby on the mouth, especially when it's not his/hers?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd that anyone, especially a non-parent, would kiss a baby on the mouth instead of the forehead. Maybe that's just me.

Odd that anyone would want pictures of their newborn in an unpleasant state plastered over the internet.

Why are we to believe that the mother or father is not the possible virus carrier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Odd that a non-parent would kiss a baby on the mouth instead of the forehead. Maybe that's just me.

Odd that anyone would want pictures of their newborn in an unpleasant state plastered over the internet.

Why are we to believe that the mother or father is not the possible virus carrier?
    90% of the general population have oral herpes so they almost certainly are carriers.

You also don't have to kiss on the mouth to cause infection. The particles can be transmitted by many mediums.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-09-25 at 08:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Clare Henderson, from Doncaster, has shared a photograph of the shocking affliction her baby suffered after being kissed by a visitor after her birth.
    She claims that her newborn could have died after contracting oral herpes from the kiss.
    Many visitors came to see her after she gave birth, and one of them must have been a carrier of the herpes virus.
    NEWS ALERT: <Insert Person Name's Here> from <Insert Anywhere In the World Here> has photographic evidence that when they <Insert Any Sort of Contact With Another Person, Even Just Being In the Same Country As Them> resulted in them contracting <Insert Disease Here> and <Insert Much Suffering Here>.

Conclusion: Build yourself a bubble and live in it for the rest of your life, it's the only way any of us will survive to see tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

The mother probably gave it to her kid herself, but is too stupid to realize she's likely an unknowing carrier.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Don't people know by now that infants do not have a properly developed immune system? Infections like these can happen from time to time, trying to prevent contact with all possible mediums(biggest of which is that they love to put anything and everything into their mouth, which is way more likely to transmit than kissing), is a life's lesson in futility.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The mother probably gave it to her kid herself, but is too stupid to realize she's likely an unknowing carrier.
    90% of the populace are infected with HSV-1 (oral herpes) whereas only 9% of people believe they are infected with HSV-1.

People are stupid and get scared because it has the word herpes in it's name even though it's completely harmless and pretty much everyone ever is infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    People are stupid and get scared because it has the word herpes in it's name even though it's completely harmless and pretty much everyone ever is infected.
    Some herpes are quite serious.

Deleted
    I've never felt the need to kiss a baby. I guess I must be broken.

not for one second, do i not believe that this is just the attempt of a herpes riddled woman to blame her kid having herpes on others...

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    not for one second, do i not believe that this is just the attempt of a herpes riddled woman to blame her kid having herpes on others...
    Yeah I'm this cynical too.
    Whatever.