Sweden plans for future

So on facebook i saw a link from one of my friends that was linking to this site with some rather interesting topic

sweden sets its sights on becoming the world first fossil fuel free nation

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know this thread will be about Sweden but on smth entirely different

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You mean especially how some people will take this quote from the article, and spin something funny of it: "when European regulations do not go far enough Sweden will lead the way."

As for the actual topic, I hope it works, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Please dont go off topic and spam the thread with non relevant crap..mmkay?

Doesn't Sweden have ships and boats?. Will they run on electricity also?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Doesn't Sweden have ships and boats?. Will they run on electricity also?.
    I guess so, it's a good point thou.. since sea/water transit (for whatever purposes) spends quite a lot of diesel.

Deleted
    Sweden will be an islamic state before being a fossil free nation.

Uh huh. Not to sound cynical but we always get the green contingent saying we will magically jump to electric cars and never need oil again.

Completely forgetting the oil used in the creation of all the parts of said car because people ignorant of oils uses seem to think it is purely used for petrol in car engines.

It would be wonderful to replace oil, but given how much money is made in those products if there was an option that didnt involve expensive drilling operations big business would have pounced on it and got it running already.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Uh huh. Not to sound cynical but we always get the green contingent saying we will magically jump to electric cars and never need oil again.

Completely forgetting the oil used in the creation of all the parts of said car because people ignorant of oils uses seem to think it is purely used for petrol in car engines.

It would be wonderful to replace oil, but given how much money is made in those products if there was an option that didnt involve expensive drilling operations big business would have pounced on it and got it running already.
    Yea i know what you mean.. i think they were mainly focused on using fossil fuels for transportation and power supply purposes.. but then again big trucks and generally heavy machinery hasn't reached that point where you have fully electrical powered ones.. which by the way needs shit loads of electric power. So not sure how they manage to accomplish this but it's a nice goal to try to reach.

Going fossile free is about as realistic as going vegan. No matter what you do, unless you close yourself off from the entire rest of the world, you're constantly going to be depending on the things you pretend to renounce in order to keep existing. Y'know, the second you buy something from somewhere that was produced with the use of fossil fuels, you're using fossil fuels. Like, what's the production process for your electric cars? That you may not be using it directly doesn't change that. If that logic worked, then I would be "fossil fuel free" right now, since I don't drive a car. It's not being burned by me directly so it doesn't count!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Going fossile free is about as realistic as going vegan. No matter what you do, unless you close yourself off from the entire rest of the world, you're constantly going to be depending on the things you pretend to renounce in order to keep existing. Y'know, the second you buy something form somewhere that was produced with the use of fossil fuels, you're using fossil fuels. That you may not be using it directly doesn't change that. If that logic worked, then I would be "fossil fuel free" right now, since I don't drive a car. It's not being burned by me directly so it doesn't count!
    You are from Norway..... we have to some time and when we are not prepared it will hit us hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
    So on facebook i saw a link from one of my friends that was linking to this site with some rather interesting topic

sweden sets its sights on becoming the world first fossil fuel free nation
    Let me put it this way; It's not going well and they're making a good job at fucking over people who live on the countryside.

Sweden will be a 3rd world country by 2029, below Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    Sweden will be a 3rd world country by 2029, below Libya.
    So then the native people can flee to the Middle East?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.