Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I tend to see the same repetitive, defeatist complaints about both, so I think my observation still stands.
    The solution is easy really, you spread them out over the entire country, in stead of bunching them up in ghetto's.

But that would mean that some rich, white area's would have 1 or 2 brownish families living in them, and we wouldn't want that to happen wouldn't we?

I repeat my statement, rich cowards giving out a lot of money to make sure everybody knows they're rich, cowardly and possibly racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Refugee shelters decreases your land value for quite a bit. So in a way if you have a big house, it's very logical thing to do.
    I've lived close by a refugee center for more then 10 years, never noticed a thing.

Deleted
    It's almost cute how passively-aggressive these people in Europe seem to be with dealing with their "problems." Or it would be, if it weren't so depressingly sad.

"Integrate immigrants? They should integrate themselves! It's not our job to, even if we're the ones that care if they're integrated or not!"

"Immigrants wont integrate? Well let's stop them from immigrating here by putting in quotas! That will certainly teach all the ones that have immigrated here a lesson or two!"

"Crap we still have immigrants? Well... let's buy up all the land so they can't put them near us!"

I swear, it's like every single potential issue is just being shunted down to the next-crappiest way of dealing with it.
    You do know most EU countries actively guide with the integration of immigrants and they are also mandatory and are directly linked to whether you are staying in the country or not... right? It's really cute you are one of those people that pretends to know how things works, but sadly enough doesn't have a clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I've lived close by a refugee center for more then 10 years, never noticed a thing.
    You should go to a realtor and ask how much a refugee center reduced your value of your house and land.

Though remember this is proximity based, if you live 10km away, it's going to matter very little.

And it is perfectly acceptable.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    You should go to a realtor and ask how much a refugee center reduced your value of your house and land.

Though remember this is proximity based, if you live 10km away, it's going to matter very little.
    Oh believe me, prime real estate where I live.

The refugee center was 1 street away, we'd actually went there for a day when I was in primary school, was the best day of school from that year (including carnival pancake day). We made fruit salad, we played football and basketball and we where shown how they lived (in containerblocks in a 5 by 5m room per family) and where they came from (war torn countries or countries that persecuted them because of reasons).
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-09-27 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know most EU countries actively guide with the integration of immigrants and they are also mandatory and are directly linked to whether you are staying in the country or not... right? It's really cute you are one of those people that pretends to know how things works, but sadly enough doesn't have a clue.
    Perceptions on this forum seem to indicate differently.

Or... or... are you telling me it's not as big of a problem as everyone is bitching that it is?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Perceptions on this forum seem to indicate differently.

Or... or... are you telling me it's not as big of a problem as everyone is bitching that it is?
    It is a problem because it is a mass influx of asylum seekers/refugees compared to normal passage of immigrants that enter the EU.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    It's almost cute how passively-aggressive these people in Europe seem to be with dealing with their "problems." Or it would be, if it weren't so depressingly sad.

"Integrate immigrants? They should integrate themselves! It's not our job to, even if we're the ones that care if they're integrated or not!"

"Immigrants wont integrate? Well let's stop them from immigrating here by putting in quotas! That will certainly teach all the ones that have immigrated here a lesson or two!"

"Crap we still have immigrants? Well... let's buy up all the land so they can't put them near us!"

I swear, it's like every single potential issue is just being shunted down to the next-crappiest way of dealing with it.
    The immigrants from muslim countries dont want to immigrate. The latest immigrants to ''flee the war'' are already tweeting and posting on facebook with their newest smartphones that Finland is a country they should avoid as there is not enough bars and it's too cold.

Deleted
    As a dutchy I found this an interesting case,

The reasoning of them was "if you put 750 immigrants on a field and build a fence around it, then trouble is guaranteed."

What this means practically is that the rich can avoid problems from immigration, while people of lesser means can shout all they want but have to suck it up... if anything its an extreme case of capitalism.

All of this is just a sideshow for the actual problem however: How do we handle immigration? Personally I think its in everyones' best interest to house refugees close(r) to their homes. The problem being right now is that these shelters are overrun or not up to standards.

The result being that the refugees travel onwards (at this point they are fleeing the 'low standards/poverty' of the refugee shelters so I personally wonder at this point just how much they are still war refugees or fortune seekers... id say more of the latter than the first.

Really though, who can blame them- politics are failing broadly in europe in this matter (and most matters, the european union is a sluggish demonbeast with no accountability to any people)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    The immigrants from muslim countries dont want to immigrate. The latest immigrants to ''flee the war'' are already tweeting and posting on facebook with their newest smartphones that Finland is a country they should avoid as there is not enough bars and it's too cold.
    So again, there's no problem, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So again, there's no problem, right?
    Except one you seem to make up all on your own so you can sound edgy and pseudo-knowledgeable. You know, by lumping (rich) citizens and the government into one group and pretending that they all belong to one hivemind.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    having lived near a refugee shelter before I can well understand why they would choose to do this. When they started building on that old abandoned plot of ex military land it was just a minor curiosity. Then the refugees started turning up. Now I want to preface what comes next by pointing out that the majority of them were nice friendly people who mostly kept to themselves in an attempt to get by day to day.

Now for the very destructive minority.... Within the first few days they had vandalised, stolen or burned down the specially built park for the kids, the specially build rec centre and fully looted all 3 shops and one aid centre that had been built in the middle of their community. They then set about destroying the fences around their community. Within a week the pristine fresh refugee centre had been trashed. Any of the well behaved refugees who tried to interfere with the destruction got beatings to within and inch of their life. Our local hospitals got a lot of business with stabbings, beatings and all round vicious stuff. After the first week it started spilling out into our area. Parks destroyed, anything not nailed down stolen (they once ripped a metal railing out of the ground so they could steal it and the bikes attached to it), gangs of youths wandering round starting fights with anyone they had a numerical advantage over (a 6 year old girl had several teeth knocked out of her head when a refugee teenager threw her down some stone steps).

A year after it opened they closed it and the refugees were moved on. Sadly the damage has been done. Our area is now a shit hole and even after all this time the council is still dragging its feet on fixing the damage.

tldr the majority of refugees are as nice as you could want. Just scared people trying to rebuild their lives in a foreign land. But there is a minority that will fuck up your town

Deleted
    Time to raise taxes on owning over a certain amount of land!

farmland (in Holland) near my city is being bought as well. Been like that for a while.

Its the ultimate dickbag move, however they have the money and they can spend however they like even if it is something as xenophobic as preventing refugees from residing next door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Time to raise taxes on owning over a certain amount of land!
    Yeah because taxing farmers will help. These ppl will most likely develop the land or resell it to the sport complex that uses it now.

My thoughts on the subject sum up as:

its a problem that needs solving (refugees need some form of help) -> this isnt the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Its the ultimate dickbag move, however they have the money and they can spend however they like even if it is something as xenophobic as preventing refugees from residing next door.

I find this an interesting polarising statement that gets raised a lot by the 'pro immigration camp'. Either you want immigrants (and shelters) unconditionally or you're a xenophobic racist.

I dont see how that attitude is any more helpfull than what these people are doing (I do agree its somewhat selfish, but still understandable as they wont have the problems they predict)

Deleted
    Well.. the problem wouldn't be there if the borders were closed off...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's understandable. Their property value would plummet. Better use of money to buy the empty land than to take the massive hit in property value.
    This pretty much. Sad but true.

I would be interesting to see if you get corruption / influence cases in the future, with for example:
    - Local Politician "A" buy land
    - "A" influence local politician "B", a good friend, to push a political decision of making a camp on his land
    - Neightbourhood buy land to avoid plummet value
    - "A" cash in and pays a com of some sort to "B"

Deleted
    I'd do the same in their position

good luck selling property next to refugee shelters

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Well.. the problem wouldn't be there if the borders were closed off...
    Hungary did it. They got a lot of crap for it though.