two questions for a newbie...

For some reason the resolution keeps defaulting to 720 under the borderless window option, I can't tell a difference really, so maybe it's keeping 1080p? Also I'm usually a warrior, tank kind of class in mmo's. Which class, or race would be good for that? I heard classes can be changed within one character so, I'm really new at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    For some reason the resolution keeps defaulting to 720 under the borderless window option, I can't tell a difference really, so maybe it's keeping 1080p? Also I'm usually a warrior, tank kind of class in mmo's. Which class, or race would be good for that? I heard classes can be changed within one character so, I'm really new at this.
    Warriors aka Marauders ARE tanks actually.

And yeah after your level 10 class quest you can swap classes by seeing their guild.

By 15 you should be able to go to all cities abd thus all classes

The warrior requires a 30 Marauder abd a 15 gladiator(sword and shield)

The gladiator can become Paladin wuth a conjurer at 15

Both are tanks oh and you WILL want a 22 glad at some point for provoke

As for 720 I dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Race doesn't matter. Pick what appeals to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although last post was posted ages ago (well, a few hours ago), I'll give my two cents.

FFXIV ARR/HW (well, you could practically call it HW instead of ARR now, and hence I shall begin to do so) is not what you commonly see in other MMOs. Let's take WoW as an example, WoW has static classes with optional two main professions. That's about it for professions, while FFXIV HW are not that static, rather fluid in the classes as you can choose to play whatever you want almost whenever you want (you cannot change in combat, PvP or dungeons) and one of the best parts I view from it; you can "steal" (well, use) abilities belonging to other classes, such as Physick (Arcanist heal) as a Thaumaturge (Black Mage is the job).

Sorrior have already listed two classes which are (they cannot become dps, albeit off-tank doing approx ~60-70% of normal dps) tank classes, and I do also recommend you levelling Gladiator to 22 for the Provoke effect as it would later on be crucial in case of an emergency tank swap. I have mostly mained all the healing classes, although I am currently levelling the job Warrior (aka, Marauder class) as my first high level tanking role. Once you unlock the Heavensward content (last bit of level 50 Main Scenario quests at 50, before the launch of HW) you can always roll Dark Knight as your new tanking class, albeit you'll have to fate farm yourself to 50(+) in order to overtake / level almost the same as your first pick of the class.

What I did in this case scenario (I returned a month ago + a week) after being off for approx. 1 and a half year (was burnt out levelling Scholar and White Mage to 50) was to do the Main Scenario Quests (MSQ) on my Scholar/Summoner (they share the starting class, Arcanist), using my Summoner to level to 51 for the extra 100% boost throughout the whole level 50 and then raced my Astrologian to 60, which has seen then become my favorite job and role. Right before Machinist / Warrior.

For race it's purely cosmetic as what you gain of stats vary by a few points. Unless you want to min-max it, pick the race you'd like to throw the axe / book / staff / polearm / etc. around and enjoy the nice movements and lovely aesthetics (for the first time I managed to type "aesthetics" without using google, I'm amazed by myself) belonging to the race.

For your information, I'm basically 50/50 furry/scalie, liking both to an extent (too much animal traits is a turn-off, although having some, like fur/scales and a tail is a big turn-on). Started as Miqo'te (obviously female) and swapped to Au Ra once I was done with the MSQs prior to the expansion.

As far as how your resolution happens to swap back, I have no idea. Best way would be to try different stuff, as it can always be reset.

idk, it's alright so far, not sure it's my thing yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Stonecloak;36427321]idk, it's alright so far, not sure it's my thing yet.[QUOTE]

Give it till Quarn ir end of storg Quarn is the first hard dungeon