Page 1 of 98
... LastLast

Single mom living on $7.50 an hour video

It's a shame. She really seems like she's trying to give her son a good life.

*waits for people to say she's lazy and probably has a new Benz she drives to go buy lobster at the supermarket everynight*
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-09-28 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is she a single mom? I mean, I'm pretty sure abortion is legal in this country.

22 and with a child, problem identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Why is she a single mom? I mean, I'm pretty sure abortion is legal in this country.
    some people got a least a little morals to them.

i probably couldn't have an abortion, even if i got pregnant from being raped.

50% of single mothers in the US are below the poverty level. Also, nearly half of children born in the US are born out of wedlock.

Deleted
    She choose to have a child knowing she is young, makes close to no money and had a shacky relationship.

awwwh really? THROW MONEY AT HER. That way she will learn the consequences of bad descisions!

You going to abort 50% of children born in the US? Because that's how many kids are born out of wedlock, according to recent statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    She choose to have a child knowing she is young, makes close to no money and had a shacky relationship.

awwwh really? THROW MONEY AT HER. That way she will learn the consequences of bad descisions!
    We should withhold aid to "teach her a lesson"?

What the fuck is wrong with people? If she was a teenager, I'd get it, but apparently 22 is too young to be having a child now? Seriously?

Deleted
    Don't have a child if you can't afford one.

Crazy logic I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with people? If she was a teenager, I'd get it, but apparently 22 is too young to be having a child now? Seriously?
    Here's the thing. It doesn't matter what she does, because as long as there is something, anywhere, they can use to feel superior they will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

Crazy logic I know.
    This message brought to you by "wait until marriage" and "just say no".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You going to abort 50% of children born in the US? Because that's how many kids are born out of wedlock, according to recent statistics.
    Sounds like a personal problem. Both contraception and abortions are affordable and readily available. There's also the concept of saying "no." I'm not sure why I should feel sorry for this person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

If the video is accurate she leads a pretty crappy, depressing life financially even while working fulltime. Might as well kick her down even more, right?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-09-28 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    It's a shame. She really seems like she's trying to give her son a good life.

*waits for people to say she's lazy and probably has a new Benz she drives to go buy lobster at the supermarket everynight*
    Where's dad? He should be contributing to his child's well-being. He contributed to creating it. Even if he isn't directly involved, he has a financial responsibility, regardless if planned or not.

I'm sure she's trying and kudos for her doing what she can but just because she got pregnant doesnt mean society or her employer is obligated to pay her more. I'm pretty sure neither myself or my kids' mother got a "knocked up" bonus for having kids. Its about making responsible choices. Whether that be birth control, abortion, waiting to have kids, not dating losers, etc. I would have struggled to support a kid at 22 too. Hell, I barely supported myself back then. Fortunately I didn't make any babies.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

Crazy logic I know.
    And with those two statements you are smarter than both of my parents combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Here's the thing. It doesn't matter what she does, because as long as there is something, anywhere, they can use to feel superior they will.

- - - Updated - - -

This message brought to you by "wait until marriage" and "just say no".
    Actually its brought to you by "I didn't knock her up so why should I pay".

Sounds like a personal problem. Both contraception and abortions are affordable and readily available. There's also the concept of saying "no." I'm not sure why I should feel sorry for this person.
    Are you so holier than thou that one mistake is enough to remove all empathy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Actually its brought to you by "I didn't knock her up so why should I pay".
    I'm sure you're well aware of the economic and criminal consequences of children raised in poverty. You're not an island.

These forums struggle with this concept but some people actually want to keep their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    22 and with a child, problem identified.
    30 years ago that was the average age of childbirth in the US. People have been gradually putting off parenthood, now it's more like 26. Plus teen pregnancy is at record lows.

It's actually one of the reasons most Western civilisations are experiencing declining birth rates (below replacement levels) and an ageing population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Seems like having kids while out of wedlock and broke is the problem. Choices have consequences. Live with the.

I have kids too but their mother and I pay for them. No one is asking/receiving aid. But then again we are responsible adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are you so holier than thou that one mistake is enough to remove all empathy?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you're well aware of the economic and criminal consequences of children raised in poverty. You're not an island.
    I am indeed!

I'm in favor of building more prisons, so I don't know what you're trying to convince me of. Handing her a blank check isn't going to get her out of poverty. She made a life choice and gets to deal with it. Making a youtube video to pander for sympathy is gross.