Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If only she knew who the father was so he could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    And poor people having children keep those jobs no one wants to do occupied, I know.
    Who the unholy fuck cares if it's a job that not many people really want to do? She's working FULL TIME. Why isn't full time work enough to earn a wage to actually live off of? Not part time, not unemployed and on welfare, FULL. TIME.

Deleted
    If i choose to buy a car so expensive i couldnt really afford it even though i started working fulltime. Should i get financial support aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They're also a really shitty form of delayed welfare as you're advocating.

So people like you could criticize her for placing her dignity over the needs of her child? There's no winning.
    I'm only in favor of temporary welfare. Longterm welfare just creates dependents of the state and doesn't resolve the issue.

And yes I can criticize her.

"throwing money at the problem"? Do you really want to claim things like SNAP don't help?
    SNAP isnt going to pull her out of poverty or change the fact that she is living on $7.50.

She's not being shamed but she's also not going to get a lot pity for making bad choices either. Especially when plenty of people are able to avoid become a single parent or having kids before they can support them. That's why we have things like birth control, abortion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    There is a reason why poor people have ton of kids, its there all over the earth. When you cannot be sure, to make sure, your line won't end, you create more chances/kids to pass further your genetics
    Yeah but in developed countries like the US it's not like three of the kids are going to die of syphilis before the age of 5 or something, chances are most of them will make it to adulthood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Who the unholy fuck cares if it's a job that not many people really want to do? She's working FULL TIME. Why isn't full time work enough to earn a wage to actually live off of? Not part time, not unemployed and on welfare, FULL. TIME.
    Oh noes! She's working full-time! So? She is living off her wage.

Deleted
    Government policy shouldn't be based on paternalism.
    Why?

/30charactersnow?whatisthis

I'm only in favor of temporary welfare. Longterm welfare just creates dependents of the state and doesn't resolve the issue.

And yes I can criticize her.
    If they're in need of long term welfare who cares if they're "dependent" on the state? They're in need. Either they'll be dependent on private charity, which is far worse, or they'll just suffer.

Fuck this holier than thou back seat moralizing. Like none of you have ever made a mistake. Your life could turn to shit in a day at any point and you just mistake your good fortune for personal superiority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah but in developed countries like the US it's not like three of the kids are going to die of syphilis before the age of 5 or something, chances are most of them will make it to adulthood.
    Then don't have kids. Are you seriously going to tell me having kids isn't a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Why?
    Pragmatism has a better track record and isn't subject to moralizing.

Oh noes! She's working full-time! So? She is living off her wage.
    Well below the poverty line. Anybody working full time should be making enough to be placed above the poverty line. Flat out. Period. End of discussion. Nobody should work 40 hours a week and wonder if they're getting groceries, or paying the electric bill. This country should strive to have a better standard of living than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing people don't understand about minimum wage "full" time work. Full time is 32 hours for most companies in most states that I know of. Policies differ but most of the time your hours can be cut on whim as needed.

Because her job is so low value that's all its worth? It's business, not a charity. I'm sure most of us, if not all, have worked crappy low paying jobs before. We survived though. Difference being that some of us didnt further handicap ourselves by starting a family before we could take care of it. You know, your responsibility as a parent. Especially with someone who wasn't going to help with said family.

Life isn't fair. It's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're in need of long term welfare who cares if they're "dependent" on the state? They're in need. Either they'll be dependent on private charity, which is far worse, or they'll just suffer.

Fuck this holier than thou back seat moralizing. Like none of you have ever made a mistake. Your life could turn to shit in a day at any point and you just mistake your good fortune for personal superiority.
    Tax payers care. It's a huge drain on our government and doesn't solve the problem.

I've made plenty of mistakes and guess what? I dealt with them and their consequences. I didn't make a youtube video and cry to the world "Woe is me!"

She seems to be doing everything right, I wish they would pay her a bit more. Doing the right things for her self and the kid should be rewarded in some way imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Another thing people don't understand about minimum wage "full" time work. Full time is 32 hours for most companies in most states that I know of. Policies differ but most of the time your hours can be cut on whim as needed.
    32 hours isn't full-time. 40 is full-time.

Tax payers care. It's a huge drain on our government and doesn't solve the problem.
    Says the person who is just advocating using prisons as welfare.

I've made plenty of mistakes and guess what? I dealt with them and their consequences. I didn't make a youtube video and cry to the world "Woe is me!"
    OH LOOK YOU PLACED YOUR DIGNITY ABOVE YOUR FAMILY moralizing weeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Because her job is so low value that's all its worth? It's business, not a charity. I'm sure most of us, if not all, have worked crappy low paying jobs before. We survived though. Difference being that some of us didnt further handicap ourselves by starting a family before we could take care of it. You know, your responsibility as a parent. Especially with someone who wasn't going to help with said family.

Life isn't fair. It's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
    No matter what the job is, minimum wage should pay enough for you to not worry about buying your food or paying your utilities or fudging on your rent. We should strive to have a better standard of living for all of our citizens than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I can't believe someone would think this is a serious comment to make. Live happens...

C'mon, you're better than that.
    I wasn't aware we had someone here that believed in virgin births. I guess a stork carried that child in through her window one night and POOF she suddenly has a baby to take care of.

Life indeed happened. It happened by her will. She's in for a rough ride that's gonna drive her grey at a young age. Deal with it.