Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anime Storage and watching

How do you store your anime?

How much space do you have reserved for Anime?

Also - what do you use to watch them?

As for me...

ATM I have one 1TB external hard drive completely full.
    I usually download everything I want to watch and keep them on this external hard drive, I then choose 5 animes from my list and copy them to my pc so I can watch them, then I decide whether I'll keep them stored or not based on how much I liked it.

I don't usually download anything that isn't 1080p full hd, unless there really is no other choice avaiable.

I also separate them by alphabetical order and always have a cover of the anime in question displayed on its folder, pic shows what I mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I stream them or have physical hard copies. I store manga and light novels on the cloud so I can access then anywhere. That and where do you legally download anime?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I stream them or have physical hard copies. I store manga and light novels on the cloud so I can access then anywhere. That and where do you legally download anime?
    Legally?
    I wouldn't know, if you know what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Legally?
    I wouldn't know, if you know what I mean.
    Yeah I don't pirate anime I make sure the industry makes money off me so it grows.

I stream it, I'm not one to need my own copy.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't pirate anime I make sure the industry makes money off me so it grows.
    Well , i personally buy physical copies if i like them. how do i know if i'm going to like them if i don't pirate them

I've been stacking fucktons of anime last year , but i can't bear watching short ones (20-24ish episodes) after finishing naruto and bleach .
    I keep the ones that i haven't finished yet on pc and move the others to external drives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Well , i personally buy physical copies if i like them. how do i know if i'm going to like them if i don't pirate them

I've been stacking fucktons of anime last year , but i can't bear watching short ones (20-24ish episodes) after finishing naruto and bleach .

There are tons of legal sites you know? Saying you want to try something out by theft isn't a viable excuse when there are legal ways around that. There is Funimation, HULU, Crunchyroll, etc. that have all the current stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I download, watch and delete. The files are small, if I want to watch them again, I can download them again.

There are tons of legal sites you know? Saying you want to try something out by theft isn't a viable excuse when there are legal ways around that. There is Funimation, HULU, Crunchyroll, etc. that have all the current stuff.
    Not the guy you were talking to but I had a lot of problems with Funimation and Crunchyroll so I decided to say fuck it.

besides, as the guy above me said, if I end up liking what I watched I usually buy things from that anime (could be anything, from official OST to collectibles etc).
    So one way or another I'm still supporting them.

Deleted
    Mostly watching it online- Thought about buying a series, but 25€ for 3 20 min episodes ... wtf is wrong with them. There are 2h movies for 10. And they claim noone is buying the stuff. No wonder, when you dont have competitive prices ...

I use XBMC/kodi for all my media watching. Be it TV, anime or movies. Its much better than just trying to sort though all your files in a folder. As far as the legal vs illegal the anime business in the US is ONLY alive because of the illegal fansubs or pretty much no one here would have ever heard about any of the shows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    I use XBMC/kodi for all my media watching. Be it TV, anime or movies. Its much better than just trying to sort though all your files in a folder. As far as the legal vs illegal the anime business in the US is ONLY alive because of the illegal fansubs or pretty much no one here would have ever heard about any of the shows out there.
    I never heard of those before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    That was how it was 2-3 years ago, it's no longer necessary to do that.

I mostly just store it on an external hard drive, and then use the program Taiga to watch it, as it quite conveniently keeps track of what you have watched, this way it's easy to watch multiple shows at the same time. As for downloading, I just use a private tracker for shows that have ended, and the usual site that rips from crunchyroll for airing shows. I'm not a big fan of streaming, and I'd rather support the shows i like more directly by buying the BD's, manga or other merch than simply paying for crunchyroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    2TB drive, but I've been triaging for quite some time, may need to boost it up a bit.

Or you can be an Aussie and pay for a Funimation subscription to watch a show just to be told you can't watch it in your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 HDs. a 1 TB and I recently bought a 5 TB which is only like 10% full.

I don't bother with 1080p unless it's an anime that I really like. 90% of my collection is in 720p, and it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some places that you can legally DL anime series.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    There are some places that you can legally DL anime series.
    Ok, where? I wasn't asking to be a jerk I was legitimately interested in where.

Well. In a locked stash underneath a removable floor plank in the basement, that's where you store that type of stuff, right.

Ok, where? I wasn't asking to be a jerk I was legitimately interested in where.
    I don't know of any places where you can legally download, but if you are subscribed to crunchyroll then i don't really see the harm in downloading.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    18 TB NAS (though set up as a RAID 1, so technically 9 TB NAS) and it's getting full somewhat. About 3 TB is filled with anime, the other 6 are movies, games, software and data. I just checked and I have 124 GB left. I don't wanna get rid of the RAID-1, cuz it's very handy in case a disk dies, so I might buy another NAS (or actually *Shudder* clean it up).

As for downloading, well, I don't really care for legal vs. illegal, I think everything apart from the hardware is illegal on my system and some games. But i use kissanime.com for my anime.
    Last edited by Schadow; 2015-09-29 at 10:15 PM.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work