Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    I disagree with the sentiment that religious values should be singled out as invalid, when there are innumerable harmful and asinine non religious values that would be allowed. The value should be accepted or rejected by its merit to society, and not a litmus test of "is there a religious element to it".
    While I agree to some extent, you do have to admit Religious values have taken a high speed track with politics, its become somewhat of an embarassment in the US government that those values are outright being valued over the separation of Church and state, which was written as a legislative piece during the foundation of the United States to combat such behavior.

Saying something like Gay's can't marry because it doesn't agree with your religious views is not something that should be considered in a Secular representative democracy. Everyone should be treated equally under law, there should be no exceptions in that area.

Heck, gays are something I don't agree with due to religious values, but I still voted for same sex marriage because its what should be done; they are citizens of this country just like I am, and have the same rights I do, even if it is not in the vein that I would prefer. Discriminating against them does not do me any service, as that can lead to discrimination against me in legislation in the future, or else I'd be a hypocrite to deny rights to others.

All of this, however, does not mean that religious morals cannot affect Government, we were founded as a secular nation, but we still uphold Abrahamic values of morality. Just because church and government is not entwined does not mean one cannot inspire the other for the foundation of law. Only when it goes to extremes that deny the rights of others should it be reigned in. Which in the current setting, is far out of hand on many facets of US politics.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Fuck no and you have millions of Americans that would shoot anyone trying to impose it.

I wonder where such a government would fall on a political scale of left versus right? Many Western industrialized nations are pretty left wing, the exception being the US and even the US is kind of left wing in some ways. I think the rest of the world is very conservative socially, much of the rest of the world is India and China and other parts of Asia and they seem right wing on social issues, kind of macho.

So I think a one world government would be conservative or right wing socially and probably want to redistribute much of the industrialized nation's wealth to the poorer countries.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Fuck no and you have millions of Americans that would shoot anyone trying to impose it.
    Why you always trying to shoot people?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    We can start by getting rid of religious and political agendas.

Not saying remove them completely. Let the people have their thoughts, prayers, ideals, etc. BUT we should allow scientists, engineers and doctors run the show. Then maybe we have a fighting chance at making it.
    Yeah! good luck with that... But its a beatiful dream.
    Now lets go back to reality with Jews, Muslims, Christians, etc etc ...

The internet hasn't even spread to all corners of the globe. Until that happens, there's really no way to spread the kind of propaganda necessary to push for a one world government. And then, a significant majority of the world has to accept that propaganda and (here's the kicker) actually live by it.

Deleted
    I can only see it happening when all of humanity realizes that they have a frontier they cant overcome unless they all set aside their differences. I see this happening only when we start colonizing our solar system. The very nature of such occurance will bring about planetary governments.

If that happens then we will have a one world government. Mostly because people will have the option of moving to a different world if they feel like they do not belong to the one they were born on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Military wise probably if we had an external Enemy, but for the rest people are simply far too different.

Just look how the EU is incapable of making decisions, because everyone wants something else. If you don't have one culture, you need multiple nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Not until there's some semblance of unified cultures or values.
    This is basically what is stopping it. 7 billion people, all with different ideals and prospectives on how live should be lived. It would be near impossible for everyone in the world to agree with 1 leaders views and policies.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would require a LOT of work.

You would have to abolish many things like Religion/Weird Customs/Cultural things.

The only way a One World Government would work right now was if there was a Major War and most countries got wiped from the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Why you always trying to shoot people?
    I don't try.

I always hit what I'm aiming at.

ZIIINNNG.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk why anyone thinks even a futuristic one world gov can work. Let's put all of our money on one stock in the market while we're at it.

Even if we find aliens, there will be factions within themselves. This idea unity is lunacy. It doesn't even work well in nature.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    One million times out of one million, would that not even remotely work the way we are split up in cultures / religions / morals, heck even races at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hi people! as the title says, i was thinking about a one world government, and if it is feasible and practicable.
    for the most part, in the short run i don't think so, but i'm leaning towards that a single governmental body is possible in the next 50-100 years (that is, if we don't f*ck ourselves up in the first place)

any thoughts?

Ps: sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker
    With all the different cultures it wouldn't work out very well at this point in time