Poll: Did you pledge? If so how much?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No, so many games never happening out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Really? What game did you create?
    Currently still in development at this time, but: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Kickstarted:

Project Orion: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roject-orion-0
    Mostly because they were almost making it but falling a bit short. I saw there posts on Spacesimcentral and decided to help out a bit (15 dollars).

Project Apollo 11: The virtual reality experience: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ence-education
    Tried the demo on my Oculus Rift and was blown away. Mixing Oculus Rift with Spacethings and education works so well together, they deserved my money (10 dollars).

Then I backed two other things which aren't videogames.
    Backed a Boardgame called High Frontier. This game already had a couple of editions, and is not available in shops. They basically sell it through kickstarter.
    Backed Solar Roadways on Indiegogo. Investing in a greener future! Unfortunately the creator of it seems fairly incompetent regarding management, so we'll see what happens, but at least the idea is very solid.

That's it.

No. But I thank all the guys here who kickstarted Divinity: Original Sin, because that was the best game I've played in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I refuse to pay someone to make a game that I'll then have to pay for if and when it ever comes out.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but do you think that people who Kickstart games have to also buy them when they are released?

There are tiers of rewards based on how much you pledge, and usually the first or second tier (and all tiers that follow) reward you with a copy of the game when it releases, and usually for cheaper than it would retail for.

Star Citizen! December 2013... god it's been such a long time, 2 years already...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm not funding promises.

But I pray for the game, if that counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never donate money to these kinds of things. When it comes to donating money I only donate to people I know such as friends or family because I know where my money is going. Kickstarter always seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing. More of a miss really. I just don't feel comfortable giving money away to people I don't know and to a cause that may or may not happen.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-09-29 at 07:53 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup $110 to Camelot Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a PC title, I will only support it if they do some kind of DRM-free physical copy of the game, even if its only available through the Kickstarter program.

Game I have supported:
    Console:
    -Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death (new side scroller being made for SNES and NES)
    -Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    -Shenmue 3

PC:
    -Regalia - Of Men And Monarchs (inspired by the Disgaea series with a mix of Persona style relationship building and town construction)
    -The Bards Tale IV
    -A Hole New World (2D pixelated side scroller that seems to be similar to Metal Storm on the NES)
    -Tower 57 (twin stick shooter inspired by Soldiers of Fortune and is reminiscent of classic Amiga games)
    -TSIOQUE (hand drawn point & click adventure)

Games I have supported but were not successful:
    -Poi (PC/WiiU)(3D platformer in style of Banjo-Kazzoie and Super Mario 64) (failed)
    -Cross Reverie:The Trial of Nightmare (JRPG) (cancelled, apparently being funded by a private backer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shenmue
    Yooka-Laylee (Bamjo-Kazooie)
    The Bards Tale
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Lady friend backed a product, it showed up broken and the guy was a complete dick to her and wanted to charge her more money for the repair (when the page stated a full warranty). Haven't really been back to kickstarter since.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post

Shenmue gives me hope.

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

yep. Pillars of eternity and the long dark. very happy with Pillars, somewhat disappointed with Long dark as i mainly wanted it for story mode and its still. not. out.

tried to back Mooncrest but they decided to flesh out the project a bit more before putting it up for backing again.

wish I had backed Shadowrun, given how much I enjoyed playing it once it was released, but ... hindsight and all that :P

currently trying to decide if I want to back Aberford.

I did back two more projects there, but they were not of the video game variety. both delivered exactly what they promised for the pledge.

I'm super selective as to what I back though, in part becasue I have limited budget for things that might potentially end up being wasted money (same applies to going to the movies, buying food I haven't tried before etc), so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hell no. If they want investors to fund development, they can get actual investors who get a return on their investment. I'm not in the business of giving out interest free loans to people who are looking to turn around and make a profit.
    Investors tend to only care about the profit of the game (that tend to be the purpose of investing). Niche games are hard to convince for upfront money and devs don't want to be held under anyone else's obligations. That is where crowd funding comes in.

Not going to claim everything out of kickstarter is decent (the ratio is easily rock bottom). But there are amazing games that happened because of kickstarter. For that I am very thankful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    This. I refuse to pay someone to make a game that I'll then have to pay for if and when it ever comes out. Sites like GoFundMe and Kickstarter are ripe with bogus and fraudulent campaigns.

I give my money to developers who take a chance on a game with their own money/sources.
    Most kickstarters have a level where your backing is basically the price of the game and you'll get a copy at release plus other stuff in addition to it.

That still risks the "if and when" situation, of course.

Only companies that have already had successful Kickstarters and seen the project through to completion, ie inXile, Larian Studios, Harebrained Studios.

Deleted
    No, I'm not a chump. I'll buy a game when it's done if I think I will like it, but I'm not throwing money at a dream that may not come true or come true indeed but turns out to be not what I expected.

Nope. I buy finished products.

I have bought kickstarted games, though, once they had a product to sell me.

Deleted
    No.. I once bought an early acces thing (starbound) on steam....well, that won't happen again