Deleted

Jeremy Corbyn says Britain 'can and must change'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34385586
    Jeremy Corbyn has told British voters they don't have to accept that inequality and injustice are inevitable - and things "can and must change".
    In his first conference speech after becoming Labour leader, Mr Corbyn vowed to create a "kinder politics, a more caring society".
    But he also attacked David Cameron's "shocking broken promises" and said Labour would "challenge austerity".
    And he restated his belief in getting rid of Britain's nuclear weapons.
    So what's your opinion on the speech and Jeremy Corbyn himself?

As a liberal Democrat in America I cannot stand Cameron. That austerity shit needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The man's an ass. Britain is doomed if he ever gets anywhere near a seat of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't like change, even if it improves the situation people would prefer to deal with the same crud they are used to.

The mainstream media is simply still too strong to prevent any real change happening. Corbyn will be ousted either long before or shortly after the 2020 defeat.

People aren't encouraged to think of themselves and others as individuals anymore. When both of those are encouraged, compassion is increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34385586

So what's your opinion on the speech and Jeremy Corbyn himself?
    Corbyn is a foolish man with list of "friends" that would make any totalitarian dictator proud. The day he withers up and blows away is the day that Labour can start winning again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The man's an ass. Britain is doomed if he ever gets anywhere near a seat of power.
    Even if by some miracle he manages to get elected as Prime Minister, the Parliamentary Labour Party would stifle any 'loony left' proposals.

I'm not really sure how he is going to engender loyalty in his party, he's been one of the most disloyal Labour MP's for ages as far as towing the party line goes, so why should anyone be loyal to him?

Why is he dressed as Mr Bean?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. So nope, he can fuck off.

Oh noes, he met somebody we're not supposed to like. As opposed to Glorious Maggie fucking Thatcher I suppose, cosying up to, and defending brutal dictator Augusto Pinochet.

Britain needs a viable left wing party. It does not need a bunch of clones of the Tory party in varying extremes. The main reason for voter apathy is that there's no discernible difference between any of the major parties. Now we have a party that is different (in a good way, rather than in a "kick out all the darkies" way) and has the money to get elected. I'll vote for him.

Deleted
    i havnt yet been peruseded that labour should have my vote, but im keeping an eye on it. im usually right leaning, but i have a feeling by 2020 we will be due a change to left wing politics for a bit. but so far im not sure hes the right man. its like labour has gone from tory lite which lost them elections, now i feel they have gone too far to the left to get many votes in England. but at least we atually have a big left wing party now i suppose?

Deleted
    He would, quite literally, destroy the economy.

Which is not so bad, since people like me can benefit from that, but it's really terrible for most of my people so I'm kind of against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Oh noes, he met somebody we're not supposed to like. As opposed to Glorious Maggie fucking Thatcher I suppose, cosying up to, and defending brutal dictator Augusto Pinochet.

Britain needs a viable left wing party. It does not need a bunch of clones of the Tory party in varying extremes. The main reason for voter apathy is that there's no discernible difference between any of the major parties. Now we have a party that is different (in a good way, rather than in a "kick out all the darkies" way) and has the money to get elected. I'll vote for him.
    What makes you think a Corbyn-led Labour Party is viable? Kinnock led a left wing Labour Party and that wasn't viable.

In order to get elected Blair went more centrist, Blair's Labour was relatively similar to the current Tory Party, it wasn't similar to the Tory Party of the day - Cameron also had to become more centrist in order to get elected, neither old Labour nor old Tory would be acceptable to the current electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That certainly seems fair. The whole of Europe seems like an array of only bad choices right now for its future, it makes me sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. So nope, he can fuck off.
    Except, he doesn't even have those. Dig a bit deeper and you can find a hell of a lot of nasty stuff about him that make Camerons pig fucking look like a young boy messing around, also he's a conspiracy nutter.

Deleted
    Rather have a lefty activist, that a nepotistic Etonian thug.

Corbyn view is Britain must change so everyone agrees with him. Today was another classic example states that as prime minister there would be no circumstances where he would use nuclear missiles, instantly three of his shadow cabinet come out to disagree with him. His quote of the day on why nukes aren't needed "didn't do the USA much good on 9/11".

Don't trust this guy one bit, after all he left one of his wives over a disagreement about type of school to send his kids to and he's also put a woman who classes herself as a militant vegan in charge of agriculture.