Put iPhone Touch Firmware onto Galaxy

I've had a galaxy s4 mini for about a year now, after having two iPhones previously. I made the switch because I prefer android's open platform and flexibility.

However, the touch screen on the galaxy has bothered me. It has made text messaging a chore; I am a 19 year old and most people my age prefer to use texting for communication. My iPhone had a smaller screen - and would use my fingertips when touching the keyboard. My galaxy s4 'mini' has a larger display and prefers to use the ball of my finger ends (which p***** me off), resulting in countless typos and a general aversion to texting.

For example, when touching Q in the same place on both keyboards (with my fingertip), the iPhone will read the input as 'Q', whilst the samsung will read it as a 'W'. The larger area of my finger's end is on the 'W', but my fingertip is on the 'Q'.

Now I figured I'd get used to it, since I usually adapt to technical nuances, but its time to fix the issue. I have heard you can put the superior iPhone touch firmware onto an android, but a couple google searches have led me nowhere. A decent alternative keyboard (without a firmware swap) may prove useful too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctaidd View Post
    I've had a galaxy s4 mini for about a year now, after having two iPhones previously. I made the switch because I prefer android's open platform and flexibility.

However, the touch screen on the galaxy has bothered me. It has made text messaging a chore; I am a 19 year old and most people my age prefer to use texting for communication. My iPhone had a smaller screen - and would use my fingertips when touching the keyboard. My galaxy s4 'mini' has a larger display and prefers to use the ball of my finger ends (which p***** me off), resulting in countless typos and a general aversion to texting.

For example, when touching Q in the same place on both keyboards (with my fingertip), the iPhone will read the input as 'Q', whilst the samsung will read it as a 'W'. The larger area of my finger's end is on the 'W', but my fingertip is on the 'Q'.

Now I figured I'd get used to it, since I usually adapt to technical nuances, but its time to fix the issue. I have heard you can put the superior iPhone touch firmware onto an android, but a couple google searches have led me nowhere. A decent alternative keyboard (without a firmware swap) may prove useful too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    Whomever told you that was possible is on drugs.
    You cannot use firmware that is for a fundamentally different device with different hardware and expect it to work.

The 2 touch screens respond in the same manner ... they work in physically the same way you just touch the screens in a different manner very likely.
    Both phones use, without question, the centerpoint of the detected fingerprint so that will never change in any shape or form.
    The only thing you can hope for is to try a different keyboard (Play Store is full of them if you simply search "keyboard") and hope that is more to your liking.

But I'm willing to bet you are simply not used to working with a larger screen yet.

Your issue is with the accuracy of the touch matrix.
    The one on all (at least modern) Iphones are great. The ones on many top-tier Android phones is also great.
    The ones on the budget-minded phones from companies like Samsung are awful.
    Samsung is a company that makes good high-end but everything else is pretty bad and poor "phone for the money".
    Either go with a competitor or Apple next time around. Sorry.

Try SwiftKey. If that doesn't work, try using swiping motions to type with apps that support this. Swype should(?) be built-in with Samsung and it definitely is with SwiftKey.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2015-09-29 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's time you get into the wonderful world of custom roms? But seeing that you have a Galaxy S4 that maybe a problem. Verizon S4's I don't believe allow you to do this, but I could be wrong. Here's a good one if you're on T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Maybe it's time you get into the wonderful world of custom roms? But seeing that you have a Galaxy S4 that maybe a problem. Verizon S4's I don't believe allow you to do this, but I could be wrong. Here's a good one if you're on T-Mobile.
    S4 mini.
    Also, tell the US carriers to stop interfering with the phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    S4 mini is one of the thousands "Samsung generic phone", he's not going to find any decent support for it.
    And yes, as tetris said it probably has a bad digitizer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    S4 mini.
    Also, tell the US carriers to stop interfering with the phones.
    Didn't see the mini in the original post. Though there are custom roms for it like CM12.1. I've been telling the US carriers lots of things but they just do the opposite. Give me QWERTY. Give me SD Cards. Give me my freedom.

Swiftkey is a pretty good keyboard for Android. It uses a pretty good predictive method where it learns from your corrections, so it can guess where you meant to press better. It also supports swiping if you find that better, though personally I prefer to just tap each letter.