Thread: Blood Tap

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The post you responded to is correct, runic corruption only gives you 0.9 runes per proc.

Deleted
    I brainfarted. Nevermind. Of course, RC "only" yields 0,9 rune pr. proc.

3s / 10s * 3 runes = 0,9 rune pr. proc,
    with 45% proc chance, 45% * 0,9 = 40,5% rune pr. DC.
    Last edited by mmocf111fc0d5c; 2015-10-02 at 03:30 PM.

Yes, the returns haven't changed since MoP beta. Even though RE is technically more effective, it's such a tiny difference that it's lost in the error margin with a 10k iteration sim.

This is why the rune regen tier is such a huge failure.

Passive. RC and RE are both completely passive and thus offer zero interaction/gameplay. Gaming RE isn't worth doing versus just using RC, even as 2H frost.
    BT can be macroed to be passive too with zero sustained single-target performance loss (please note the caveats I made before attacking, thx)
    Performance. RE and RC perform identically in all cases. BT can be slightly more interesting situationally.
    Fun. RE is awful to actually use and most DKs have hated it with a burning passion since it was introduced in Cataclysm. I know some people like it and will instantly reply saying so. But sure you agree that most of us hate it.

Runic Corruption should be baseline for DKs, period. Runic Empowerment. should be taken out into the woods and shot, put two in the chest and one in the head, execution style.

The Rune Regen talent tier should be redesigned. First, make Blood Tap respect the GCD and set it to generate a 0.1s GCD. That way players will be forced to keybind and use it manually, but it won't consume an entire 1.0s GCD. Then, buff the heck out of it so it's a cool talent. Something like this.

Blood Tap
    Every 15 Runic Power you spend will generate a Blood Charge. Multistrikes from your Runic Power consuming abilities also have an 15 RPPM% chance to generate a Blood Charge. Max 18 charges.

Blood Tap consumes 5 Blood Charges to activate a random fully-depleted rune as a Death Rune.

Replaces Runic Corruption.
    Then design two completely new talents ideally both dealing with resource generation in some way, balance their power against the newly buffed Blood Tap, and put them on the same talent tier.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-10-02 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    I still stand fast about what I said about macro'ing BT. I think it is the worst possible solution except for RE.
    Some guy explained it like 2 years ago. I've tried as well. It leads to overcapping 1 resource consistently during a boss.

That doesn't make sense. You can always use death runes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That doesn't make sense. You can always use death runes.
    So to avoid overcapping runes, you have to exhaust everything before spamming 3xDC to get your DT back up.
    I'm done. I can't explain it without showing it in a video. It consistently happens to people who macro BT. I can find it in logs, but really can't be arsed.

I know what you mean, RE has that problem even more frequently as it is RNG. That is an advantage for RC and manual BT. But it's not a big deal as it doesn't happen very often except when you lose time on target, and everybody caps when that happens.