No sound on several websites

Last year I got an audio interface, Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6, but after that there has been no sound output from certain places. It usually hasn't been a problem, because I don't use the computer for much else than games and music, but I'd like to figure out why it is the way it is and fix it.

Playing WoW and other games is no issue. Listening to music on iTunes is no issue. Watching videos on YouTube is no issue. Watching streams on Twitch? Nope. No sound. It's not the only place where I get no sound, so the fault doesn't lie with Twitch, but it does seem to be restricted to the Internet. I'm using Firefox. I checked with Chrome, and Twitch did give off sound there.

Could be a FlashPlayer issue, tried reinstalling/updating flash?

Downloading and installing Flash Player did not make a difference. I tried uninstalling it, but I don't think it uninstalled correctly, because YouTube videos worked fine afterwards, unless videos on YouTube don't require Flash Player in order to function. Streams on Twitch were completely black, though. Installing Adobe again did get picture back, but there's still no sound.

to fully uninstall flash you need to download the uninstaller exe and delete a few files

youtube uses HTML5 for its video playback which is why you can still watch videos there, Twitch (as you may be able to guess now) still uses flash to display it's videos

you could try finding another site that runs flash player, just open task manager and you will see the flash player exe running (and probably taking a fair bit of cpu power) to let you know if the video you are watching is using flash

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    to fully uninstall flash you need to download the uninstaller exe and delete a few files

youtube uses HTML5 for its video playback which is why you can still watch videos there, Twitch (as you may be able to guess now) still uses flash to display it's videos

you could try finding another site that runs flash player, just open task manager and you will see the flash player exe running (and probably taking a fair bit of cpu power) to let you know if the video you are watching is using flash
    Actually as of yesterday afternoon at around 7PM CET they switched to HTML5.
    And what a glorious difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Actually as of yesterday afternoon at around 7PM CET they switched to HTML5.
    And what a glorious difference it makes.
    oh i thought it went official ages ago haha i opted in for html5 player a looooong time ago

and yes HTML5 player is just the best, I pray daily that Twitch finish making the full switch to HTML5 (at the moment it is only the controls for the player that is HTML5)

Check your volume mixer when playing the stream. Some plugins run in their own sandbox/process and you may need to turn the volume up on it. A lot of the stuff you mentioned can be HTML 5 though.

Twitch in Chrome is a volume adjustment for Chrome itself
    Twitch in Firefox shows another process for Flash while watching

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    So it's only in Firefox you have the issue?

If so, try updating Firefox and the Flash Plugin for Firefox.
    Yes. The only plugin I can find containing the word ‘Flash’ is Shockwave Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    Yes, I followed the instructions found here.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Check your volume mixer when playing the stream. Some plugins run in their own sandbox/process and you may need to turn the volume up on it. A lot of the stuff you mentioned can be HTML 5 though.

Twitch in Chrome is a volume adjustment for Chrome itself
    Twitch in Firefox shows another process for Flash while watching
    I opened up the volume mixer, and, lo and behold, the volume on Flash Player was all the way down. Not sure why it was on zero, but glas the issue is solved.