Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see too much of an issue with the actual premise of this app, as long as the "create an account for someone who's not you" part goes away. I wouldn't personally use the app though, sounds kind of silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    My points again for quick reference:
    - Facebook accounts can be faked just as easily, the problem won't be "bigger" than anything we already have
    - The information can be made public already (e.g. on Facebook or any other social media)
    At least as far as I know, you can contact Facebook to delete a fake profile in your name. Peeple assumes you want this profile, and apparently even requires actually signing up with them to even get a bit of a hold of it - but not delete it.
    Saying whether you like people or not is free speech.
    If said on your own profile, under your own name, where only people you know/like can see it easily. If you want to compare this to public speech, you'd basically write it on their house walls instead of just rambling about them in a bar.
    Only very few people are actually systematically harassed (online or offline) and there are laws against that already.
    If it's easy, more people will do it, out of inches of spite.
    Generally grow a thicker skin. Grown ups whining about people on the internet being mean to them is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? You should be happy you don't have any real problems instead.
    Except I see no mention this is limited to adults. Kids virtually harassing other kids is a growing issue.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Pffff, only unpopular people would dislike this! /s

All kinds of terrible.

There is no way any of that is legal. Expect major lawsuits incoming.

- Generally grow a thicker skin. Grown ups whining about people on the internet being mean to them is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? You should be happy you don't have any real problems instead.
    who the fuck do you think you are to say anyone here doesn't have any "real" problems? you don't know anyone here or their story so don't act so presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    This app is just scary. Imagine all the trolls who create accounts for other people....

The stronkest and better zergs are from Zerus birthplace of the zerg
    doh, didn't play sc2, just watched the cutscene movie on youtube. so i forgot :P
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they should just rename the site "Slanderhub."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I think the basic idea is cool, but all other problems aside, of course any 'legit' ratings and criticisms of people would either be a) outshined by trolls or b) dismissed as trolling. Too many popular personalities that can't handle criticism.

So instead of facepalm pictures and "no that's not freedom of speech" one-liners, how about saying something about my actual arguments? You know, in a constructive non-condescending way that furthers a discussion?...
    I do not have a Facebook account... don't want or need one. If one is put up about me and I find out... Facebook will delete it.
    I hate all social media... so no this information is not out there.
    You freedom of speech ends when it has adverse effects on someone else... example: communicating threats.
    No one should have access to make harassment easier... "few people are systematically harassed" is not a good reason for this app to exist.
    I don't care what people say about me in the vacuum of the internet... but if it will cause harm to my family, friends, or business it can get right the fuck out!

Feel free to offer counter points.

Aren't there privacy laws and such protecting the use of your likeness and publicizing your personal life?

I come from a small town. There was this newspaper service who had a website where every small town could have their own forum, like MMO-C Off Topic forum but for a town. Thing is, people were anonymous on this forum and as we all know, small towns are full of gossip and everyone knows your business.

Women were slut-shamed, yes the women targeted were actual sluts but nobody would say it to their face but since people were anonymous on the forum, why not? Someone said this woman was married five times and all five of her kids had a different dad. Another post ruined a restaurant in town. Someone had a gay son.

People had to pack up and move to another town, it was that bad. Reputation was everything.

There's always gossip in town but it was never anonymous and that kept it in check somewhat.

I found out about it because an elderly aunt called me to ask for help to log onto the forum, she couldn't figure out how to do it on her own, she wanted to see what the fuss was about, and probably get in on the gossip.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    At least 4chan can get some top kek's trolling the fuck out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Time to make one for all the worlds leaders. Hehehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleSaint View Post
    i'm not being funny at all when i ask this but what does the Q stand for at the end of LGBTQ.? Until literally yesterday i had only seen it expressed as LGBT. Honest question no offense intended.
    A section add Queer

Personally I fucking hate the Q

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    As far as I am concerned all forms of Social media may be blocked permanently.
    technically MMO-champ is a form of social media. Can you really live without off topic?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A section add Queer

Why? Because they are not the same minority as you are? I always expected people in the minorities to be a little more open minded than the "normal" average person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    A section add Queer

Just to clarify furthur, Queer refers to people who don't identify with a traditional gender identity. For example, neither male nor female.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why? Because they are not the same minority as you are? I always expected people in the minorities to be a little more open minded than the "normal" average person.
    It's because I find Queer offensive, surely there's a better word than Queer since queer means wierd. Either way I refuse to use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    There is no way any of that is legal. Expect major lawsuits incoming.
    I could see a lawsuit for fraud. Maybe more if someone can prove damages.

An older article that mentions 9 states (in 2013) had laws on the books against impersonating someone online http://business.time.com/2013/01/22/...omeone-online/
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-10-01 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't really see the problem. As long as they have some "password recovery" thing linked to your phone number you can easily take control of a fake account created in your name (using your phone number) and delete that.

Yes, it opens up a venue for online harassment. But it's non-violent. You can just ignore it. Who cares? And if your employer cares about you being gay then you might want to find a non-asshole employer anyway Nobody will die because of the app and me publicly saying "I think person xyz is not nice" should be covered by free speech. Why is a platform for free speech suddenly made out to be a bad thing?
    Didn't bother to read anything did you? The main feature is that if you get negative stuff said about you, is you can not delete it and once it is there it's there permanently. As to the second part you are extremely ignorant if you think hate groups won't use this to track people down.

It's because I find Queer offensive, surely there's a better word than Queer since queer means wierd. Either way I refuse to use it
    So it's just the word you don't like? I think I understand now ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.